5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

philip964
Posts in topic: 124

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Post by philip964 »

Neighbors confused.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/-the ... d-shootout

Five fast facts about the victims

https://heavy.com/news/2019/01/dennis-t ... -nicholas/

"A lot of these drug houses have surveilance systems that are better than other businesses," said Acevedo.
Last edited by philip964 on Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Houston. The new Baltimore. We are doomed.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Papa_Tiger
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Papa_Tiger »

Bitter Clinger wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:30 am Houston. The new Baltimore. We are doomed.
It is what happens when you have someone like Acevedo at the helm.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Liberty »

People busting through doors and killing their dog, should kind of expect to get shot at.

No cameras, on a no-knock raid? This is totally inexcusable! The only reason not to have cameras in these types of raids is to allow the officers to stretch the rules of law. There was no Black Tar Heroine found, a little weed, some white substance ( woman is a cancer victim). With no cameras it sounds reasonable to assume that the contraband could have been planted , The department had enough motivation. Is there any video of the so called Black tar buy? Maybe there be more information released later. But the couple is dead, not likely to be looked at closely. This will go the way of Las Vegas.

One thing is certain. The only witnesses are the ones who were busting down doors and shooting anything in their way. The couple has a clean record. well liked by those in the neighborhood. A reputation surpassing Acevedo and his department.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Odinvalknir
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Odinvalknir »

Liberty wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:47 am People busting through doors and killing their dog, should kind of expect to get shot at.

One thing is certain. The only witnesses are the ones who were busting down doors and shooting anything in their way. The couple has a clean record. well liked by those in the neighborhood. A reputation surpassing Acevedo and his department.

^^^^^^^^This

striker55
Posts in topic: 9

Post by striker55 »

Sounds fishy to me, neighbor's say nice people. Mistaken identity?

philip964
Posts in topic: 124

Post by philip964 »

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Police Chief Art Acevedo made a plea for lawmakers to do something about the prevalence of guns in the country. “Crooks are going to be crooks. The question is, what are we in society and what are elected officials, going to do,” he said in a January 29 press conference.

The Chief ordered a no-knock raid against a disabled married couple with no criminal history despite the risks to everyone involved.

Was there actually an undercover buy at the house or was it just a junky confidential informant who gave a bogus address to get some favor from the police? No heroin was found and neighbors said the couple had few visitors, which would be a clear indicator that drugs were not being sold at the house. Drug houses have tons of visitors and drug dealers by their nature are not private people. Due to drug dealers line of work they are social people.

These injuries and deaths are on Acevedo's hands. It is up to elected officials to curtail these dangerous no-knock raids, because Acevedo will just blame the predictable results on the victims and the US Constitution.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

From Click 2 Houston comments:
Former LEO here: No knocks need to be outlawed. If you break into my home I am going to use deadly force each and every time. Without proper notice, it is implied that anyone bursting into a home is a criminal. So for the sake of “backing the blue,” I suggest law makers get on this right away.

As far as the union guy trying to be “Orwellian” with his rhetoric....need to back off on that.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

dlh
Posts in topic: 24

Post by dlh »

Re: the pit bull...If I lived in the Milby area as a home-owner I would have a pit bull or german shepherd too.
Re: recordings. I believe this raid had to be recorded--if not video then certainly audio. Acevedeo needs to release the audio on this raid.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

Odinvalknir

Post by Odinvalknir »

dlh wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:39 am Re: the pit bull...If I lived in the Milby area as a home-owner I would have a pit bull or german shepherd too.
Re: recordings. I believe this raid had to be recorded--if not video then certainly audio. Acevedeo needs to release the audio on this raid.
Ive seen where Acevedo said multiple times that the officers DO NOT wear cameras on raids... WHY?
I've also heard that at some point before this, the UCs bought heroin off someone in front of or near the house, wouldn't that also be recorded normally? Could the cops be so stupid as just say "Since we bought drugs in front of THIS house, there must be drug dealers inside!" All of this stinks, and the officers union leader's words were a bit odd as well. Anyone speaking ill about LEOs are in his cross hairs and they "Have your number" sounds odd to me. We will probably never know the truth, as would be the idea behind a cover up if this was a bad raid.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 8

Post by anygunanywhere »

Using the word facts in the same sentence as Acevedo is an oxymoron. Those of his ilk never use facts.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

mojo84
Posts in topic: 6

Post by mojo84 »

Interesting to see how the comments and positions of some in this topic have changed as more information has come to light regarding this incident.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Odinvalknir

Post by Odinvalknir »

mojo84 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:40 pm Interesting to see how the comments and positions of some in this topic have changed as more information has come to light regarding this incident.

I'm just glad that people on this forum are not blindly following and swallowing the official story and slapping down anyone who questions. I got smacked around on facebook yesterday for asking why Michael Berry had the union leader on to spout more of his "We'll get you if you say bad things about us" rhetoric.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 12

Post by bblhd672 »

mojo84 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:40 pm Interesting to see how the comments and positions of some in this topic have changed as more information has come to light regarding this incident.
:iagree:

That Acevedo and the police union leader Gamaldi stood in the shed blood of the officers and used them as a platform to promote gun control is disgusting.

Gamaldi's rhetoric about "getting" people was not helpful to the image of the Houston PD.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Return to “The Crime Blotter”