5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

WildBill
Posts in topic: 81

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Post by WildBill »

There have been a couple of important updates in this case
Former HPD officer Steven Bryant pleads guilty to federal charge related to botched Harding Street raid
HOUSTON — Former Houston police officer Steven Bryant pleaded guilty Tuesday to a federal charge of falsifying records
that interfered with a government investigation. The charge is related to the botched Harding Street Raid on January 28, 2019.
Bryant will be sentenced in August.

Attorney Mike Doyle is representing the Nicholas family. Doyle said the family’s independent investigation revealed
Rhogena Nicholas was killed on her couch after she was shot by an HPD officer through the wall.
He also said Tuttle never shot at officers.

Former Officer Felix Gallegos is also charged with murder. He fired the shot that killed Dennis Tuttle, according to court documents.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime ... xit-recirc
NRA Endowment Member

puma guy
Posts in topic: 20

Post by puma guy »

WildBill wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:29 pm There have been a couple of important updates in this case
Former HPD officer Steven Bryant pleads guilty to federal charge related to botched Harding Street raid
HOUSTON — Former Houston police officer Steven Bryant pleaded guilty Tuesday to a federal charge of falsifying records
that interfered with a government investigation. The charge is related to the botched Harding Street Raid on January 28, 2019.
Bryant will be sentenced in August.

Attorney Mike Doyle is representing the Nicholas family. Doyle said the family’s independent investigation revealed
Rhogena Nicholas was killed on her couch after she was shot by an HPD officer through the wall.
He also said Tuttle never shot at officers.

Former Officer Felix Gallegos is also charged with murder. He fired the shot that killed Dennis Tuttle, according to court documents.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime ... xit-recirc
Thanks, WB. I hope the complete facts and details of this sick murderous plot are revealed in the end. Aceveda is a guilty as the perpetrators in my opinion and the fact that three of the main thugs were allowed to retire is not only ridiculous, but has to be difficult for the Tuttle and Nicholas families to fathom..
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

philip964
Posts in topic: 125

Post by philip964 »

Interesting how the truth is unfolding and how different it is from what we were told by our mayor and our chief of police.

They have had the forensics on which bullets wounded and killed whom for a very long time.

It’s only now through the plaintiff’s lawyer we learn all police were wounded by friendly fire. The husband did not fire a shot and the wife did not reach for the officers shotgun, but was murdered while lying on a couch by a policeman outside the home.

LDB415
Posts in topic: 3

Post by LDB415 »

philip964 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:50 pm Interesting how the truth is unfolding and how different it is from what we were told by our mayor and our chief of police.

They have had the forensics on which bullets wounded and killed whom for a very long time.

It’s only now through the plaintiff’s lawyer we learn all police were wounded by friendly fire. The husband did not fire a shot and the wife did not reach for the officers shotgun, but was murdered while lying on a couch by a policeman outside the home.
I haven't followed this but one question would be was the wife murdered by a policeman outside or was she killed by a policeman outside? IOW, did he know who/where she was when he fired or did he fire and she happened to be in the trajectory? It apparently shouldn't have happened either way but I think it makes some degree of difference based on which way it happened.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

srothstein
Posts in topic: 4

Post by srothstein »

LDB415 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:58 pmI haven't followed this but one question would be was the wife murdered by a policeman outside or was she killed by a policeman outside? IOW, did he know who/where she was when he fired or did he fire and she happened to be in the trajectory? It apparently shouldn't have happened either way but I think it makes some degree of difference based on which way it happened.
I think murder is the right term in this case. A death occurring during the commission of a felony is murder. Deprivation of rights under color of law while using a gun is a felony under federal law (18 USC 242).
Steve Rothstein

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

srothstein wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:18 pm
LDB415 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:58 pmI haven't followed this but one question would be was the wife murdered by a policeman outside or was she killed by a policeman outside? IOW, did he know who/where she was when he fired or did he fire and she happened to be in the trajectory? It apparently shouldn't have happened either way but I think it makes some degree of difference based on which way it happened.
I think murder is the right term in this case. A death occurring during the commission of a felony is murder. Deprivation of rights under color of law while using a gun is a felony under federal law (18 USC 242).
The sickest and saddest thing about this is what instigated it in the first place. I am not at liberty to divulge what I was told. I can only hope it will eventually come out.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

MaduroBU
Posts in topic: 5

Post by MaduroBU »

The thing that needs to be remembered is that these clowns hurt a bunch of black and brown people as well. They were finally found out because an armed citizen shot back.

baseballguy2001

Post by baseballguy2001 »

I'm not sure I agree with your analysis. I think the whole house of cards fell because a couple of officers were seriously wounded during the execution of the search warrant. That led to the discovery that the warrant was obtained because one of the officers perjured himself. If none of the officers had been wounded, and only the homeowners killed, none of this would have seen the light of day until much later, if ever.
7.30.08 -- Plastic in hand (99 days)
04.01.18--2nd Renewal
05.05.18-- Plastic

philip964
Posts in topic: 125

Post by philip964 »

baseballguy2001 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:22 am I'm not sure I agree with your analysis. I think the whole house of cards fell because a couple of officers were seriously wounded during the execution of the search warrant. That led to the discovery that the warrant was obtained because one of the officers perjured himself. If none of the officers had been wounded, and only the homeowners killed, none of this would have seen the light of day until much later, if ever.
Had Goins not been shot by friendly fire, he would have been able to plant the drugs he had in his car in the house and it would have been big news that evening at 6 pm.

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 17

Post by K.Mooneyham »

philip964 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:13 am
baseballguy2001 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:22 am I'm not sure I agree with your analysis. I think the whole house of cards fell because a couple of officers were seriously wounded during the execution of the search warrant. That led to the discovery that the warrant was obtained because one of the officers perjured himself. If none of the officers had been wounded, and only the homeowners killed, none of this would have seen the light of day until much later, if ever.
Had Goins not been shot by friendly fire, he would have been able to plant the drugs he had in his car in the house and it would have been big news that evening at 6 pm.
I guess I missed it, but will Goins be standing trial for his involvement in this deadly fiasco?

WildBill
Posts in topic: 81

Post by WildBill »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:55 pm
I guess I missed it, but will Goins be standing trial for his involvement in this deadly fiasco?
Goines has been charged with two counts of murder and well as charges of tampering with documents.
He also has been indicted on several Federal charges.

https://www.click2houston.com/topic/Gerald_Goines/
NRA Endowment Member

baseballguy2001

Post by baseballguy2001 »

That, I agree with. It would have been big news, Squad 15 makes a bIg bust on Harding Street.
7.30.08 -- Plastic in hand (99 days)
04.01.18--2nd Renewal
05.05.18-- Plastic

MaduroBU
Posts in topic: 5

Post by MaduroBU »

Sorry; I cannot tell if you're replying to me or someone else, but I felt like this was the gist of what I was saying as well?

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 17

Post by K.Mooneyham »

WildBill wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:21 pm
K.Mooneyham wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:55 pm
Goines has been charged with two counts of murder and well as charges of tampering with documents.
He also has been indicted on several Federal charges.

https://www.click2houston.com/topic/Gerald_Goines/
Thank you.

srothstein
Posts in topic: 4

Post by srothstein »

MaduroBU wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:07 am The thing that needs to be remembered is that these clowns hurt a bunch of OTHER people as well. They were finally found out because an armed citizen shot back.
This is the correct form for your sentence. The race of the people they hurt is irrelevant.
Steve Rothstein

Return to “The Crime Blotter”