5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

C-dub
Posts in topic: 14

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Post by C-dub »

If they hit the wrong house because there was some sort of miscommunication or clerical error when filling out the warrant is one thing. One horrible thing, but there's another elephant in the room.

If they lied, WHY? If they hit the house they intended to hit and lied to get the warrant, why? Will they put the entire blame on the confidential informants?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 12

Post by bblhd672 »

RicoTX wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:19 pm
bblhd672 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:21 pm Acevedo must go!
I agree, but I think everyone involved needs to go.
:iagree: Clean house, start at the top and work down.

Where are the independent investigators?
Will police union head apologize for the actions of his members or double down on his NYC attitude?
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Bushwhacker
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Bushwhacker »

C-dub wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:56 pmIf they lied, WHY? If they hit the house they intended to hit and lied to get the warrant, why?
Didn't the union president answer that already?
I prefer peace, but if trouble must come, let it be in my time that my children may know peace.

https://i.imgur.com/BcHTIe2.jpg

C-dub
Posts in topic: 14

Post by C-dub »

Bushwhacker wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:21 pm
C-dub wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:56 pmIf they lied, WHY? If they hit the house they intended to hit and lied to get the warrant, why?
IDK, did he?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

philip964
Posts in topic: 124

Post by philip964 »

Wrong house is the only thing that makes sense.

Every other possible reason is far worse.

PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 16

Post by PriestTheRunner »

C-dub wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:23 pm
Bushwhacker wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:21 pm
IDK, did he?
Pretty obvious. They lied to keep the blue oath of silence... When it looked like it wasn't working, the Union Rep escalated.

Odinvalknir
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Odinvalknir »

puma guy wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:23 pm
Odinvalknir wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:17 pm New development...

Apparently the 2 CIs have said that they never said anything about heroin or don't recall seeing heroin, and that they didn't recognize the people in the house. Sounds like they hit the wrong house and murdered Innocents.
In the video link below KPRC investigative producer and associate have some very alarming details.
https://www.facebook.com/KPRC2/videos/3 ... ation=ufi

Yea this is starting to look like some kind of assassination or something under the table. Less like a botched raid, and the whole narrative is falling apart. The cops need to be fired and possibly jailed for murder, and Acevedo needs to resign and go away.

PBR
Posts in topic: 6

Post by PBR »

So sad the whole ordeal and in the end no matter what they still gonna blame the couple because they are the police. But with so many home invasions and robberies done with fake uniforms and / or acting like police now days. Then when entering and straight up shooting my dog I'm liable to shoot back too. I love my dogs more than myself. Like I say though even when everything comes out and shows HPD or the informant wrong / lied they will still look back at the couple as being the in the wrong shooting at police. This whole ordeal would of probably never went this way if they would of done an early morning / late night raid. Insane doing raids like this at 5pm to me.
Houston, Tx.
DPS Received - Jan. 26th
Received Pin# - Feb. 25th
IN HAND!!!!!! June 9th

Syntyr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Syntyr »

Now channel 2 is straight up saying that the confidential informant does not even exist. Also the cop who lied to get the warrant had 6 ounces of heroin in his car that he got from a different buy at a different location.

This is beginning to stink more and more.

Call in the Texas Rangers. Hollywood Acevedo needs to go.
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

dlh
Posts in topic: 24

Post by dlh »

Law enforcement, prosecutors, and judges have huge amounts of power.
Always sad to see that power abused in cases like this.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 6

Post by mojo84 »

More is coming out and Acevedo is doubling down no outside investigation is need as his people will do an impartial job of investigating and holding him and his people accountable.

http://chron.com/news/houston-texas/art ... 620120.php
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 81

Post by WildBill »

Houston police officer in drug raid had previous allegations against him
Even before the deadly drug raid that left two civilians dead, Houston Police Officer Gerald Goines had a troubling history of allegations against him.
Previous allegations surfaced about Goines in at least two drug buys, with the officer accused of lying under oath and mishandling drug evidence, and questions
arising about his use of a confidential informant.

One of those cases — which stems from a decade-old drug bust — is still winding its way through the appeals process, as attorneys for 63-year-old Otis Mallet
argue that he’s innocent and was wrongfully convicted as the result of the case agent’s alleged misconduct.
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/h ... 621276.php
NRA Endowment Member

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Here's a couple other cases that show possible problems with the officer's lying under oatr and
mishandling drug evidence. One of the persons is still in prison and has an active appeal to overturn his
conviction .
Previous drug buys questioned

Previous allegations surfaced about Goines in at least two drug buys, with the officer accused of lying under oath and mishandling drug evidence,
and questions arising about his use of a confidential informant.

One of those cases — which stems from a decade-old drug bust — is still winding its way through the appeals process, as attorneys for 63-year-old
Otis Mallet argue that he’s innocent and was wrongfully convicted as the result of the case agent’s alleged misconduct.

The 2011 conviction stemmed from a drug bust three years earlier, when Goines met up with Mallet’s brother at a house on Danube Street
for an undercover buy. Goines planned to make a crack bust with $200 of police money, which he allegedly handed over to Mallet’s brother,
Steven, according to court records.
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/h ... 621276.php
Last edited by WildBill on Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Endowment Member

Take Down Sicko
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Take Down Sicko »

I hate to see such corruption in the house of blue but am not surprised with Acevedo leading the pack.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Take Down Sicko wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:40 am I hate to see such corruption in the house of blue but am not surprised with Acevedo leading the pack.
The officer in question has been on the force 30 years, so it's been going on a long time.
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “The Crime Blotter”