5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: Keith B, carlson1


philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 95
Posts: 9594
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

#361

Post by philip964 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:41 am

https://www.click2houston.com/news/inve ... tched-raid

Internal affairs detective, who was first to receive a call on an officer involved shooting at the raid, has been relieved of duty.

Really does not say why.

User avatar

PBR
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 727
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:16 am

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

#362

Post by PBR » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:21 pm

Wondering if they hoping this just slowly dies away or what is going on. Thought they said would be reports within 2 wks or some group were to release more info.
Houston, Tx.
DPS Received - Jan. 26th
Received Pin# - Feb. 25th
IN HAND!!!!!! June 9th

User avatar

WildBill
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 53
Posts: 16971
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:53 pm
Location: Houston

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

#363

Post by WildBill » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:11 pm

philip964 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:41 am
https://www.click2houston.com/news/inve ... tched-raid

Internal affairs detective, who was first to receive a call on an officer involved shooting at the raid, has been relieved of duty.

Really does not say why.
That happened on March 13, but we are just hearing about it.
NRA Endowment Member

User avatar

Jusme
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 10
Posts: 5059
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:23 pm
Location: Johnson County, Texas

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

#364

Post by Jusme » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:30 pm

I believe that a bill should be introduced, in the legislature, that mandates, that no law enforcement agency, in Texas, can do it's own internal affairs investigation, in any officer involved shooting, or death of a person in custody. They can still handle citizen complaints, departmental rules violations etc. But I would recommend that for each city PD case, the County Sheriff handle the investigation, for each County case, the DPS/ Texas Rangers, and for each DPS/ Ranger/ Game Warden, that the SO of the county in which it occurs, head up the investigation.
Investigation of your own officers, is more often than not, very above board, however, the specter of a cover up, looms large, and destroys the confidence of the public, that department is duty bound to serve.
JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

User avatar

WildBill
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 53
Posts: 16971
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:53 pm
Location: Houston

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

#365

Post by WildBill » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:17 pm

Jusme wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:30 pm
I believe that a bill should be introduced, in the legislature, that mandates, that no law enforcement agency, in Texas, can do it's own internal affairs investigation, in any officer involved shooting, or death of a person in custody ...
Jusme, I understand where you are coming from, but I don't think that this would work. I have no idea how many cases there are every year in Texas, but I would think it would be too cumbersome and inefficient. :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

User avatar

Jusme
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 10
Posts: 5059
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:23 pm
Location: Johnson County, Texas

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

#366

Post by Jusme » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:44 pm

WildBill wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:17 pm
Jusme wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:30 pm
I believe that a bill should be introduced, in the legislature, that mandates, that no law enforcement agency, in Texas, can do it's own internal affairs investigation, in any officer involved shooting, or death of a person in custody ...
Jusme, I understand where you are coming from, but I don't think that this would work. I have no idea how many cases there are every year in Texas, but I would think it would be too cumbersome and inefficient. :tiphat:

I don't know how many there are either, but each one has to be investigated. Either, by the department in which it occurred, or by another agency, such as the Texas Rangers. This case in Houston, is a perfect example. There is such a prevailing sense, of corruption, ineptness, etc, that, any internal investigation, will be viewed, as a potential cover up.
One other option, could be one independent agency, to investigate all cases, but, I think that would become too political, and would only increase the size of government, and add another layer, of law enforcement, not needed. As I said, most internal investigations, are done well, and above board, but there are some that, at least outwardly, smell a little fishy. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

User avatar

WildBill
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 53
Posts: 16971
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:53 pm
Location: Houston

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

#367

Post by WildBill » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:13 am

Jusme wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:44 pm
WildBill wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:17 pm
Jusme wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:30 pm
I believe that a bill should be introduced, in the legislature, that mandates, that no law enforcement agency, in Texas, can do it's own internal affairs investigation, in any officer involved shooting, or death of a person in custody ...
Jusme, I understand where you are coming from, but I don't think that this would work. I have no idea how many cases there are every year in Texas, but I would think it would be too cumbersome and inefficient. :tiphat:

I don't know how many there are either, but each one has to be investigated. Either, by the department in which it occurred, or by another agency, such as the Texas Rangers. This case in Houston, is a perfect example. There is such a prevailing sense, of corruption, ineptness, etc, that, any internal investigation, will be viewed, as a potential cover up.
One other option, could be one independent agency, to investigate all cases, but, I think that would become too political, and would only increase the size of government, and add another layer, of law enforcement, not needed. As I said, most internal investigations, are done well, and above board, but there are some that, at least outwardly, smell a little fishy. JMHO
:iagree: I think this case will lead to investigations that will uncover a lot more problems.
Hopefully, positive changes will come as a result of these investigations.
NRA Endowment Member

User avatar

Paladin
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 16
Posts: 2772
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:02 pm
Location: DFW

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

#368

Post by Paladin » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:43 pm

philip964 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:24 pm
https://www.click2houston.com/news/2nd- ... orney-says

Officer at center of investigation retires.
In 2002, Goines was in trouble for keeping crack cocaine he’d purchased in a drug buy. The evidence was found unlogged in the toolbox of his city vehicle.

That particular problem persisted, because drugs were also found in Goines' city vehicle after the botched raid in January.
It would appear that Goines had a habit of keeping unlogged narcotics on hand. Unlogged narcotics have been used by other police departments to manufacture crimes
NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Life, GOA Life Member
Texas State Guard

User avatar

Jusme
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 10
Posts: 5059
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:23 pm
Location: Johnson County, Texas

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

#369

Post by Jusme » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:56 pm

Paladin wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:43 pm
philip964 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:24 pm
https://www.click2houston.com/news/2nd- ... orney-says

Officer at center of investigation retires.
In 2002, Goines was in trouble for keeping crack cocaine he’d purchased in a drug buy. The evidence was found unlogged in the toolbox of his city vehicle.

That particular problem persisted, because drugs were also found in Goines' city vehicle after the botched raid in January.
It would appear that Goines had a habit of keeping unlogged narcotics on hand. Unlogged narcotics have been used by other police departments to manufacture crimes

Yeah unlogged narcotics could accidentally get dropped, contaminating a crime scene.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:


philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 95
Posts: 9594
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

#370

Post by philip964 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:03 pm



jordanmills
Banned
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 361
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:42 am

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

#371

Post by jordanmills » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:05 pm

philip964 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:03 pm
https://www.click2houston.com/news/inve ... -dismissed

More cases dismissed.
Sad thing is that 90% of these cases probably are scumbags who need to be in prison. But you can't trust the evidence and the only just course of action is to dismiss, because an even bigger scumbag was wearing a badge.

User avatar

warnmar10
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 10
Posts: 606
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:57 am

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

#372

Post by warnmar10 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:13 pm

Jusme wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:30 pm
I believe ... Investigation of your own officers, is more often than not, very above board, ... JMHO
I believe you are assuming facts not in evidence.
Image

User avatar

warpdrive
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

#373

Post by warpdrive » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:40 pm

warnmar10 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:13 pm
Jusme wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:30 pm
I believe ... Investigation of your own officers, is more often than not, very above board, ... JMHO
I believe you are assuming facts not in evidence.
Maybe the government should eliminate IRS audits. More often than not tax returns are very above board.
186,000 miles per second
It's not just a good idea, it's the law.

User avatar

warnmar10
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 10
Posts: 606
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:57 am

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

#374

Post by warnmar10 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:46 pm

warpdrive wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:40 pm
Maybe the government should eliminate IRS audits. More often than not tax returns are very above board.
I check my return thoroughly before submission so no need to audit.
Image

User avatar

warpdrive
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

#375

Post by warpdrive » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:47 pm

warnmar10 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:46 pm
warpdrive wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:40 pm
Maybe the government should eliminate IRS audits. More often than not tax returns are very above board.
I check my return thoroughly before submission so no need to audit.
:thumbs2: :thumbs2:
186,000 miles per second
It's not just a good idea, it's the law.

Post Reply

Return to “The Crime Blotter”