5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: Keith B, carlson1

User avatar

anygunanywhere
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 7264
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:16 am
Location: La Grange, Texas

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

#436

Post by anygunanywhere » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:19 pm

Beiruty wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:44 am
Paladin wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:34 am
If Art can't give answers to the DA, perhaps he needs a new job.
This incident is beyond outrageous. The Chief has to be fired a long time. FBI should clean up Houston Corrupt PD.
Sorry Beiruty, but the FBI can't clean themselves.
"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: Its patriotism, Its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within." Joseph Stalin

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 7620
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

#437

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:21 pm

anygunanywhere wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:19 pm
Beiruty wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:44 am
Paladin wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:34 am
If Art can't give answers to the DA, perhaps he needs a new job.
This incident is beyond outrageous. The Chief has to be fired a long time. FBI should clean up Houston Corrupt PD.
Sorry Beiruty, but the FBI can't clean themselves.
:iagree:


LDP
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:15 pm

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

#438

Post by LDP » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:44 pm

Paladin wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:34 am
If Art can't give answers to the DA, perhaps he needs a new job.
Look into his employment history. Been fired numerous times for incompetency.
My apologies, he was always "offered better a job elsewhere" since you can't really fire a chief. Everywhere he goes, he leaves a steaming pile behind.
It is not hard to make a conclusion.

I hear he hasn't "helped" in Dallas yet. Maybe he will get "a lucrative job offer" there? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
(sorry, Dallasians!)

As for the drug bust, it really was a fiasco. Isn't that what the SWAT team is for? This sounded like a suicide mission from the beginning. *facepalm*
Those officers didn't deserve that.


Redneck_Buddha
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 1428
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:35 pm
Location: Little Elm, TX

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

#439

Post by Redneck_Buddha » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:28 pm

LDP wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:44 pm
Paladin wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:34 am
If Art can't give answers to the DA, perhaps he needs a new job.
Look into his employment history. Been fired numerous times for incompetency.
My apologies, he was always "offered better a job elsewhere" since you can't really fire a chief. Everywhere he goes, he leaves a steaming pile behind.
It is not hard to make a conclusion.

I hear he hasn't "helped" in Dallas yet. Maybe he will get "a lucrative job offer" there? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
(sorry, Dallasians!)

As for the drug bust, it really was a fiasco. Isn't that what the SWAT team is for? This sounded like a suicide mission from the beginning. *facepalm*
Those officers didn't deserve that.
He makes Renee Hall look like Alfred Einsteen.

User avatar

Topic author
carlson1
Moderator
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 10045
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:11 am

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

#440

Post by carlson1 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:37 pm

:leaving
Redneck_Buddha wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:28 pm
LDP wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:44 pm
Paladin wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:34 am
If Art can't give answers to the DA, perhaps he needs a new job.
Look into his employment history. Been fired numerous times for incompetency.
My apologies, he was always "offered better a job elsewhere" since you can't really fire a chief. Everywhere he goes, he leaves a steaming pile behind.
It is not hard to make a conclusion.

I hear he hasn't "helped" in Dallas yet. Maybe he will get "a lucrative job offer" there? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
(sorry, Dallasians!)

As for the drug bust, it really was a fiasco. Isn't that what the SWAT team is for? This sounded like a suicide mission from the beginning. *facepalm*
Those officers didn't deserve that.
He makes Renee Hall look like Alfred Einsteen.
:smilelol5:
:iagree:
Image


dlh
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 19
Posts: 712
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:16 pm

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

#441

Post by dlh » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:56 pm

I thought Acevedo promised transparency in all of this--guess my bad. Looks to me like he is circling the wagons and preparing for a long defense as even the District Attorney has to ask for key records.
Sad.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

User avatar

WildBill
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 44
Posts: 16867
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:53 pm
Location: Houston

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

#442

Post by WildBill » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:24 am

The Harris County District Attorney’s Office warned the Houston Police Department on Thursday [June 20]
that it will serve the department with grand jury subpoenas next week if they don’t provide records
related to all confidential informants who worked with the officers involved in a January 28 drug raid
that left two civilians dead and five officers wounded.
https://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/arti ... drug-raid/

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- As the fallout continues from the botched Houston police raid that killed a
couple in their own home in January, the district attorney's office is demanding records about all confidential
informants dating back for years. The Harris County District Attorney's Office says their team intends to review
"all HPD records related to all confidential informants utilized by officers involved in the Harding Street shooting."

The files requested include the names of informants, locations of buys, payouts to those informants, who approved
those payments and who signed off on any operations. The scope of the request is not limited to just the Harding Street
raid, according to the DA's Office, but is related to all confidential informants used by HPD Narcotics Squad 15 from
January 1, 2014 to the present.
https://abc13.com/da-demands-hpd-record ... s/5355299/
NRA Endowment Member

User avatar

snorri
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 398
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:45 pm
Contact:

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

#443

Post by snorri » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:50 pm

I'm surprised Ken Paxton and Greg Abbott are turning blind eyes to the cover up. I used to respect them.
minatur innocentibus qui parcit nocentibus

RED FLAG LAWS ARE HATE CRIMES


dlh
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 19
Posts: 712
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:16 pm

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

#444

Post by dlh » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:15 pm

I am speculating that the Houston City Attorney's Office advised Art to clam up and lawyer up in light of potential civil and criminal lawsuits--hence the lack of cooperation from him despite his earlier promises to be transparent. Sad.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.


philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 86
Posts: 9072
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

#445

Post by philip964 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:28 pm



striker55
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 8
Posts: 633
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:27 am
Location: Katy, TX

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

#446

Post by striker55 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:07 am

DA wants additional $2 mil more to complete the investigation? Does this sound right?


philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 86
Posts: 9072
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

#447

Post by philip964 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:57 am

striker55 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:07 am
DA wants additional $2 mil more to complete the investigation? Does this sound right?
https://abc13.com/hpd-raid-district-att ... e/5363022/

Well I guess it depended on how much HPD is hiding. Said Narcotics Division. So it may be a big deal. A lot of issues to look at not just this one case. Tip of the iceberg thing or not.


greyjack
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:38 pm

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

#448

Post by greyjack » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:51 pm

striker55 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:07 am
DA wants additional $2 mil more to complete the investigation? Does this sound right?
They should take the investigation costs out of the HPD pension fund to penalize the bad guys instead of the tax payers.


philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 86
Posts: 9072
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

#449

Post by philip964 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:35 pm

https://www.click2houston.com/news/coun ... estigation

Commissioners vote to table request for additional money.

So does that mean no investigation?

User avatar

Grumpy1993
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 246
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:13 pm

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

#450

Post by Grumpy1993 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:19 pm

Criminals aid and abet other criminals, apparently.
Bonnen Lied
Gun Rights Died

Post Reply

Return to “The Crime Blotter”