Page 4 of 42

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:26 am
by philip964
Neighbors confused.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/-the ... d-shootout

Five fast facts about the victims

https://heavy.com/news/2019/01/dennis-t ... -nicholas/

"A lot of these drug houses have surveilance systems that are better than other businesses," said Acevedo.

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:30 am
by Bitter Clinger
Houston. The new Baltimore. We are doomed.

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:28 am
by Papa_Tiger
Bitter Clinger wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:30 am
Houston. The new Baltimore. We are doomed.
It is what happens when you have someone like Acevedo at the helm.

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:47 am
by Liberty
People busting through doors and killing their dog, should kind of expect to get shot at.

No cameras, on a no-knock raid? This is totally inexcusable! The only reason not to have cameras in these types of raids is to allow the officers to stretch the rules of law. There was no Black Tar Heroine found, a little weed, some white substance ( woman is a cancer victim). With no cameras it sounds reasonable to assume that the contraband could have been planted , The department had enough motivation. Is there any video of the so called Black tar buy? Maybe there be more information released later. But the couple is dead, not likely to be looked at closely. This will go the way of Las Vegas.

One thing is certain. The only witnesses are the ones who were busting down doors and shooting anything in their way. The couple has a clean record. well liked by those in the neighborhood. A reputation surpassing Acevedo and his department.

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:14 am
by Odinvalknir
Liberty wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:47 am
People busting through doors and killing their dog, should kind of expect to get shot at.

One thing is certain. The only witnesses are the ones who were busting down doors and shooting anything in their way. The couple has a clean record. well liked by those in the neighborhood. A reputation surpassing Acevedo and his department.


^^^^^^^^This

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:29 am
by striker55
Sounds fishy to me, neighbor's say nice people. Mistaken identity?

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:49 am
by philip964

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:16 am
by Paladin
Police Chief Art Acevedo made a plea for lawmakers to do something about the prevalence of guns in the country. “Crooks are going to be crooks. The question is, what are we in society and what are elected officials, going to do,” he said in a January 29 press conference.
Image

The Chief ordered a no-knock raid against a disabled married couple with no criminal history despite the risks to everyone involved.

Was there actually an undercover buy at the house or was it just a junky confidential informant who gave a bogus address to get some favor from the police? No heroin was found and neighbors said the couple had few visitors, which would be a clear indicator that drugs were not being sold at the house. Drug houses have tons of visitors and drug dealers by their nature are not private people. Due to drug dealers line of work they are social people.

These injuries and deaths are on Acevedo's hands. It is up to elected officials to curtail these dangerous no-knock raids, because Acevedo will just blame the predictable results on the victims and the US Constitution.

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:27 am
by Paladin
From Click 2 Houston comments:
Former LEO here: No knocks need to be outlawed. If you break into my home I am going to use deadly force each and every time. Without proper notice, it is implied that anyone bursting into a home is a criminal. So for the sake of “backing the blue,” I suggest law makers get on this right away.

As far as the union guy trying to be “Orwellian” with his rhetoric....need to back off on that.

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:39 am
by dlh
Re: the pit bull...If I lived in the Milby area as a home-owner I would have a pit bull or german shepherd too.
Re: recordings. I believe this raid had to be recorded--if not video then certainly audio. Acevedeo needs to release the audio on this raid.

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:50 am
by Odinvalknir
dlh wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:39 am
Re: the pit bull...If I lived in the Milby area as a home-owner I would have a pit bull or german shepherd too.
Re: recordings. I believe this raid had to be recorded--if not video then certainly audio. Acevedeo needs to release the audio on this raid.
Ive seen where Acevedo said multiple times that the officers DO NOT wear cameras on raids... WHY?
I've also heard that at some point before this, the UCs bought heroin off someone in front of or near the house, wouldn't that also be recorded normally? Could the cops be so stupid as just say "Since we bought drugs in front of THIS house, there must be drug dealers inside!" All of this stinks, and the officers union leader's words were a bit odd as well. Anyone speaking ill about LEOs are in his cross hairs and they "Have your number" sounds odd to me. We will probably never know the truth, as would be the idea behind a cover up if this was a bad raid.

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:39 pm
by anygunanywhere
Using the word facts in the same sentence as Acevedo is an oxymoron. Those of his ilk never use facts.

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:40 pm
by mojo84
Interesting to see how the comments and positions of some in this topic have changed as more information has come to light regarding this incident.

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:53 pm
by Odinvalknir
mojo84 wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:40 pm
Interesting to see how the comments and positions of some in this topic have changed as more information has come to light regarding this incident.

I'm just glad that people on this forum are not blindly following and swallowing the official story and slapping down anyone who questions. I got smacked around on facebook yesterday for asking why Michael Berry had the union leader on to spout more of his "We'll get you if you say bad things about us" rhetoric.

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:02 pm
by bblhd672
mojo84 wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:40 pm
Interesting to see how the comments and positions of some in this topic have changed as more information has come to light regarding this incident.
:iagree:

That Acevedo and the police union leader Gamaldi stood in the shed blood of the officers and used them as a platform to promote gun control is disgusting.

Gamaldi's rhetoric about "getting" people was not helpful to the image of the Houston PD.