When the movies teach you about bank robbery

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: Keith B, carlson1

Post Reply

Topic author
jason812
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1218
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:41 pm
Location: Central Texas

When the movies teach you about bank robbery

#1

Post by jason812 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:09 pm

You can't make this up unless you are in Hollywood.


https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/brow ... story.html
At first it looked like just a big pothole. Then police realized it opened to a tunnel. And the tunnel led toward … a bank.

A public works problem turned into a bank caper Wednesday as FBI agents swarmed a street in Pembroke Pines, where people dug beneath a road near a Chase Bank branch.
At least the FBI is on it.

User avatar

Flightmare
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2355
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Plano, TX

Re: When the movies teach you about bank robbery

#2

Post by Flightmare » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:04 am

I'm still laughing at this part at the bottom;


The FBI asks anyone with information about the tunnel or anyone who may have noticed people in the area at night to contact the agency at 754-703-2000. Tips can also be given, anonymously, to Broward County Crime Stoppers at 954-493-8477 or online, at www.browardcrimestoppers.org. That organization pays up to $3,000 for information that leads to an arrest.
Because that worked SOOO well at MSD highschool in Parkland!
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 25026
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: When the movies teach you about bank robbery

#3

Post by The Annoyed Man » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:53 am

Flightmare wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:04 am
I'm still laughing at this part at the bottom;


The FBI asks anyone with information about the tunnel or anyone who may have noticed people in the area at night to contact the agency at 754-703-2000. Tips can also be given, anonymously, to Broward County Crime Stoppers at 954-493-8477 or online, at www.browardcrimestoppers.org. That organization pays up to $3,000 for information that leads to an arrest.
Because that worked SOOO well at MSD highschool in Parkland!
Great. The Security Branch of the DNC (AKA “FBI”) and Broward County are on the case. We can all breathe a little easier.
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy
My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.


crazy2medic
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1556
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:59 am

Re: When the movies teach you about bank robbery

#4

Post by crazy2medic » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:03 am

Has any body seen a bank building under construction? The vault is typically 3/4 inch rebar steel woven into a cage and there are two layers a few inches to a foot apart, then they pour concrete over it! Ladies and gentlemen short of a jackhammer and explosives your not getting in the vault!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention


WTR
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 1883
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:41 pm

Re: When the movies teach you about bank robbery

#5

Post by WTR » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:22 am

crazy2medic wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:03 am
Has any body seen a bank building under construction? The vault is typically 3/4 inch rebar steel woven into a cage and there are two layers a few inches to a foot apart, then they pour concrete over it! Ladies and gentlemen short of a jackhammer and explosives your not getting in the vault!
You might be surprised as to what a diamond blade can cut through.


crazy2medic
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1556
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:59 am

Re: When the movies teach you about bank robbery

#6

Post by crazy2medic » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:27 am

Maybe but it's going to take some serious work and heavy lifting!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention


WTR
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 1883
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:41 pm

Re: When the movies teach you about bank robbery

#7

Post by WTR » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:58 am

crazy2medic wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:27 am
Maybe but it's going to take some serious work and heavy lifting!
Actually, if you are only going to cut a hole large enough


WTR
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 1883
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:41 pm

Re: When the movies teach you about bank robbery

#8

Post by WTR » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:00 am

Strange....but not too hard if it is a small opening


RSX11
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:26 pm

Re: When the movies teach you about bank robbery

#9

Post by RSX11 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:45 pm

Speaking of bank heists, there's a great series on Netflix now, called "Money Heist". It was made in Spain, and it's about a...heist. Great series, give it a try.

Post Reply

Return to “The Crime Blotter”