Houston Tx, man escapes police custody transport

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Odinvalknir
Posts in topic: 5

Houston Tx, man escapes police custody transport

Post by Odinvalknir »

A man with three pending murder charges has managed to escape from a transport vehicle in Conroe this morning. Police are still looking for him hours later, he is said to be a professional MMA fighter on top of his criminal activities. They are advising that anyone in Montgomery County keep on the lookout and keep your doors locked.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime ... c4a5001f03

( Sent from KHOU 11 )

dlh
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Houston Tx, man escapes police custody transport

Post by dlh »

Incredible. Did not know authorities were using "private transport" to move around defendants charged with murder. Guards went in for some food when the prisoner escaped. Homer Simpson comes to mind. Hope they soon find the escapee.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

Gator Guy

Post by Gator Guy »

Marks was in transport from Grand Rapids Michigan to Bell County, Texas
Conroe seems like a big detour to stop for McDondalds.
"A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned."

Topic author
Odinvalknir

Post by Odinvalknir »

The sheer stupidity is astounding in this story. The criminal is just doing his job. Perhaps the cops ought to do theirs from time to time.

Topic author
Odinvalknir

Post by Odinvalknir »

Gator Guy wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:51 pm
Marks was in transport from Grand Rapids Michigan to Bell County, Texas
Conroe seems like a big detour to stop for McDondalds.
If they were coming from Michigan how in the hell do they end up in Conroe??? Bell county is out towards Austin and Waco.

ELB
Posts in topic: 4

Post by ELB »

Update to story at link in OP says he’s caught.
USAF 1982-2005

ELB

Post by ELB »

The story at the link refers to other prisoners in the transport vehicle. That implies there may have been other destinations for the other prisoners. Perhaps they dropped off someone in Louisiana, and/or had a dropoff in the Conroe area before heading to Bell County.
USAF 1982-2005

ELB

Post by ELB »

Ah, lookee here:
Marks fled on foot after the van stopped at a McDonald's in Conroe Sunday around 7 a.m., McGinnis said. Nine other inmates were in the van at the time, and the van -- which had two transport guards -- had recently stopped in Louisiana on its way to Texas, she added.
https://abcnews.go.com/beta-story-conta ... d=60814646
USAF 1982-2005

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Clearly a rabid animal that needs to be put down...for good.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Topic author
Odinvalknir

Post by Odinvalknir »

He was finally caught a few hours ago. They found him hiding between 2 houses lol. He was on the run for 9hrs.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Sounds like there will be a couple of "transport officers" looking for new jobs. Does the McDonald's in Conroe, not have a drive thru? Why did both guards leave a van full of prisoners unattended. What if the van caught fire while they were inside? While some of the prisoners may deserve a fiery death. Someone who was being transported for failing to pay child support, or writing bad checks, in my opinion, does not.
Glad the guy was caught, I bet Bell County deputies, won't be stopping for a Big Mac.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

RottenApple

Post by RottenApple »

dlh wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:44 pm Incredible. Did not know authorities were using "private transport" to move around defendants charged with murder. Guards went in for some food when the prisoner escaped. Homer Simpson comes to mind. Hope they soon find the escapee.
When I was the General Manager of a non-emergency medical transport company, we carried federal prisoners who were wheelchair bound (I know that's not the case here) to their court appearances, off-site Dr. appointments, etc. I always had at least 2 armed officers with each prisoner though. And at least 1 of them stayed with the prisoner at all times. So if we made a stop somewhere (which did happen on occasion), one officer would go in and return, then the other.

Topic author
Odinvalknir

Post by Odinvalknir »

RottenApple wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:00 am
dlh wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:44 pm Incredible. Did not know authorities were using "private transport" to move around defendants charged with murder. Guards went in for some food when the prisoner escaped. Homer Simpson comes to mind. Hope they soon find the escapee.
When I was the General Manager of a non-emergency medical transport company, we carried federal prisoners who were wheelchair bound (I know that's not the case here) to their court appearances, off-site Dr. appointments, etc. I always had at least 2 armed officers with each prisoner though. And at least 1 of them stayed with the prisoner at all times. So if we made a stop somewhere (which did happen on occasion), one officer would go in and return, then the other.

I used to and my wife still does work for one of those medical transport companies. On occasion she takes the guards back to Huntsville.

ELB

Post by ELB »

There are several prisoner transport companies, and it appears many police departments in about half the States use them.

As far as I can tell the transport officers are not armed beyond pepper spray, and receive minimal training and pay.

Rates are "prisoner-mile". Keeping overhead to a minimum is crucial, as is keeping to schedule. Vans may be on the road for a week or two weeks, picking up and dropping off prisoners. Vans are generally sized to carry 9-15 prisoners.

I would not want to be in that van either as a guard nor especially as a prisoner.
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “The Crime Blotter”