Page 1 of 2

Aurora, Illinois - Active shooter situation

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:54 pm
by Flightmare
https://www.foxnews.com/us/active-shoot ... -officials
Aurora police confirmed to Fox News that there is an active shooter “on the west side” of Aurora.

The situation, which was verified by the Kane County Sheriff’s Office, unfolded at Henry Pratt Company, WLS-TV reported. The business is a manufacturing company, according to WMAQ-TV.

Re: Aurora, Illinois - Active shooter situation

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:21 pm
by Lynyrd
https://patch.com/illinois/aurora/activ ... uorra-cops
"(The shooter) just went ballistic," John Probst, who works at Henry Pratt and was in the building at the time told ABC. "[One victim] came running down; he was bleeding pretty bad."

Probst said he recognized the shooter as a coworker. Probst said he was "rolling down the aisles" with "a pistol with a laser on it."
This is exactly why I fought so hard to gain permission to carry at work. It's ironic that we were forced to watch the "Run, Hide, Fight" training video this week at the plant.

Re: Aurora, Illinois - Active shooter situation

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:28 pm
by Flightmare
Lynyrd wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:21 pm
https://patch.com/illinois/aurora/activ ... uorra-cops
"(The shooter) just went ballistic," John Probst, who works at Henry Pratt and was in the building at the time told ABC. "[One victim] came running down; he was bleeding pretty bad."

Probst said he recognized the shooter as a coworker. Probst said he was "rolling down the aisles" with "a pistol with a laser on it."
This is exactly why I fought so hard to gain permission to carry at work. It's ironic that we were forced to watch the "Run, Hide, Fight" training video this week at the plant.
My work does not have 30.06/30.07 signs posted, so carrying would not be a violation of the law. However, carry of firearms in the building is prohibited per the employee manual (but not with 30.06/30.07 language), so it would serve as a justification to termination. Fortunately, I work from home most of the time.

Re: Aurora, Illinois - Active shooter situation

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:24 pm
by Lynyrd
Flightmare wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:28 pm
Lynyrd wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:21 pm
https://patch.com/illinois/aurora/activ ... uorra-cops
"(The shooter) just went ballistic," John Probst, who works at Henry Pratt and was in the building at the time told ABC. "[One victim] came running down; he was bleeding pretty bad."

Probst said he recognized the shooter as a coworker. Probst said he was "rolling down the aisles" with "a pistol with a laser on it."
This is exactly why I fought so hard to gain permission to carry at work. It's ironic that we were forced to watch the "Run, Hide, Fight" training video this week at the plant.
My work does not have 30.06/30.07 signs posted, so carrying would not be a violation of the law. However, carry of firearms in the building is prohibited per the employee manual (but not with 30.06/30.07 language), so it would serve as a justification to termination. Fortunately, I work from home most of the time.
I'm sorry you have to be defenseless at work. I was lucky in that I reported directly to the policy maker. And it took me two years to get our policy changed. Little by little, I fed information until he understood.

The news today of this workplace shooting is extremely troubling. You never know when someone is going to snap. Prayers for the victims who just went to work this morning expecting it to be a normal Friday.

Re: Aurora, Illinois - Active shooter situation

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:40 pm
by OneGun
[Sarcasm] Wait, there are still guns in ILLANNOY? JB was elected Governor and signed into law that gun dealers have to licensed by the state and pay an exorbitant fee. The goal is to run gun stores out of state. So, how did this guy buy a gun?? [End Sarcasm]

The lone wolf, either a disgruntled employee or an upset ex-significant other is the hardest to defend against. Keep your head on a swivel.

Re: Aurora, Illinois - Active shooter situation

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:48 pm
by C-dub
I work in a local hospital and must wear scrubs. Probably the only way I could practically carry at work would be with my shoulder rig. I used a fanny pack years ago, but it is long gone. I would rather have my M4 in a bag near me instead of carrying a handgun on body somehow. Even the shoulder rig would not work well in scrubs since in order to remain concealed, as I'm sure it would have to be if by some miracle I was allowed to ever be armed at work anyway, it would have to be under the scrubs and then access is near impossible.

According to our employee rules we're not even allowed to have a pocket knife of any length. This was also explained during new employee orientation by HR and other administrators. Like Flightmare's situation, there's nothing they could do other than fire someone for having a pocket knife, but finding another position at another facility in my profession is not easy.

My hospital is very prominently and thoroughly posted with proper signage at all entrances.

Re: Aurora, Illinois - Active shooter situation

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:50 pm
by Paladin
Lynyrd wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:21 pm
https://patch.com/illinois/aurora/activ ... uorra-cops
"(The shooter) just went ballistic," John Probst, who works at Henry Pratt and was in the building at the time told ABC. "[One victim] came running down; he was bleeding pretty bad."

Probst said he recognized the shooter as a coworker. Probst said he was "rolling down the aisles" with "a pistol with a laser on it."
This is exactly why I fought so hard to gain permission to carry at work. It's ironic that we were forced to watch the "Run, Hide, Fight" training video this week at the plant.
Training priority should be "Fight, Run, Hide"

Re: Aurora, Illinois - Active shooter situation

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:20 pm
by DynamicDan
Another person that people knew was troubled.

Re: Aurora, Illinois - Active shooter situation

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:37 pm
by philip964
https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/16/us/illin ... index.html

Was apparently a convicted felon who passed a background check and got some sort of license from Illinois to buy a gun. He then applied for a CHL and he did not pass as his fingerprints matched I guess his old name in MS where he was an ex felon.

So the police sent him a letter telling him to voluntarily turn in his gun.

We need more laws!!!!

Had a green laser sight. Look to see laws about them next.

Re: Aurora, Illinois - Active shooter situation

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:54 pm
by Beiruty
philip964 wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:37 pm
https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/16/us/illin ... index.html

Was apparently a convicted felon who passed a background check and got some sort of license from Illinois to buy a gun. He then applied for a CHL and he did not pass as his fingerprints matched I guess his old name in MS where he was an ex felon.

So the police sent him a letter telling him to voluntarily turn in his gun.

We need more laws!!!!

Had a green laser sight. Look to see laws about them next.
Why he was not arrested by FBI and charged with a felon with firearm?

Re: Aurora, Illinois - Active shooter situation

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:57 pm
by Bill Anderson
Beiruty wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:54 pm
Why he was not arrested by FBI and charged with a felon with firearm?
He's a Democrat

Re: Aurora, Illinois - Active shooter situation

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:39 pm
by DynamicDan
Another failure by law enforcement, but it is law abiding gun owners who continue to be vilified.

Re: Aurora, Illinois - Active shooter situation

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:44 pm
by bblhd672
Beiruty wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:54 pm
Why he was not arrested by FBI and charged with a felon with firearm?
The government wants more gun laws that they are too lazy or incompetent to enforce.

Re: Aurora, Illinois - Active shooter situation

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:48 pm
by bblhd672
Paladin wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:50 pm
Training priority should be "Fight, Run, Hide"
Or “fight, cover and reload, fight”

Re: Aurora, Illinois - Active shooter situation

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:55 pm
by Flightmare
Beiruty wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:54 pm
philip964 wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:37 pm
https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/16/us/illin ... index.html

Was apparently a convicted felon who passed a background check and got some sort of license from Illinois to buy a gun. He then applied for a CHL and he did not pass as his fingerprints matched I guess his old name in MS where he was an ex felon.

So the police sent him a letter telling him to voluntarily turn in his gun.

We need more laws!!!!

Had a green laser sight. Look to see laws about them next.
Why he was not arrested by FBI and charged with a felon with firearm?
Because that would mean that we don't need more gun laws, we just need to enforce the ones we have.