TX:The mean streets of Houston

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 290
Posts: 11374
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

#406

Post by philip964 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:35 pm

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... t-houston/

Near Chinatown West.

60th murder this year.

Lots of people being released with no bond, at least one so far for murder. Then lots of people being released for Coronavirus worries.

So if your arrested for murder and your released with no bond, do you hang around and show up for trial, or do you skip town?

So this may go up in the future.

3 dead from Coronavirus.

This will go up as well.


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 290
Posts: 11374
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

#407

Post by philip964 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:34 am

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... uties-say/

White male's body found shot to death on road near I-45 and FM 1960. He had been riding in a 2000 Impala say witnesses. I remember when that was a nice part of town, in the safe new suburbs of Houston.
61

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 44
Posts: 9178
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

#408

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:21 pm

philip964 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:34 am
https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... uties-say/

White male's body found shot to death on road near I-45 and FM 1960. He had been riding in a 2000 Impala say witnesses. I remember when that was a nice part of town, in the safe new suburbs of Houston.
61
45 years ago I lived and went to school in Pasadena from the fifth grade through the 8th. I really don't remember ever feeling in danger. A few years back I took my son for a tour of where his pops went to school. I was blown away by how bad it had degraded. I was concerned for our safety while in the car!


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 290
Posts: 11374
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

#409

Post by philip964 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:10 pm

03Lightningrocks wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:21 pm
philip964 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:34 am
https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... uties-say/

White male's body found shot to death on road near I-45 and FM 1960. He had been riding in a 2000 Impala say witnesses. I remember when that was a nice part of town, in the safe new suburbs of Houston.
61
45 years ago I lived and went to school in Pasadena from the fifth grade through the 8th. I really don't remember ever feeling in danger. A few years back I took my son for a tour of where his pops went to school. I was blown away by how bad it had degraded. I was concerned for our safety while in the car!
I have been in Pasadena quite a bit in the last 6 months. I found it somewhat needing a coat of paint, but never felt in any danger. I was checking out house prices and thought, I could relocate here after retirement, if I wanted to stay in the Houston area and really save some bucks. It is very Latin now. To me it is nothing like Gunspoint or Acres Homes in Houston. However, I would like to point out that I was in the Gare du Nord part of Paris and thought it was just simply charming. Parisienne's were shocked at my view, they wouldn't go near there, as it is so bad. So I apparently have no situational awareness.


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 290
Posts: 11374
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

#410

Post by philip964 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:07 pm

18% increase in commercial property burglaries in Houston since Coronavirus shut down.


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 290
Posts: 11374
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

#411

Post by philip964 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:30 pm

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... s-station/

Murdered at a gas station at 9:15 pm near 288 South and Tollway

62

Non violent inmates being released.

User avatar

Rafe
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 9
Posts: 278
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:43 pm
Location: Htown

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

#412

Post by Rafe » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:11 pm

philip964 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:30 pm
Non violent inmates being released.
And the list of what offenses merit "compassionate release" is long. The Harris County Judge website (https://cjo.harriscountytx.gov/Newsroom) doesn't have the document posted yet, but the Houston Chronicle does. Check Appendix A for the non-inclusive list of offenses that are getting "compassionate release." Just a few:
  • Burglary of a building with prescription drugs
  • Burglary of a vehicle with drugs
  • Repeated violations of court order or bond
  • Tampering with evidence (not corpse)
  • Tampering with witness
  • Abuse of corpse (body)
  • Burglary of building
  • Burglary of vehicle
  • Unauthorized use of vehicle
  • Abuse of corpse (gravesite)
  • Bail jumping from Class A or B offense
  • Resisting arrest
The estimate right now is that around 1,200 inmates will be released over the next few days, and releases have already started. I don't know about the rest of Harris County, but it ain't giving me the warm & fuzzies. Stay vigilant and stay prepared, folks.


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 290
Posts: 11374
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

#413

Post by philip964 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:07 pm

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... ss-friday/

Floyd Mayweathers daughter staying home stabs another woman in her house in Cypress.


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 290
Posts: 11374
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

#414

Post by philip964 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:05 am

philip964 wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:07 pm
https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... ss-friday/

Floyd Mayweathers daughter staying home stabs another woman in her house in Cypress.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... ss-friday/

Her hair color is lavender.


striker55
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 16
Posts: 744
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:27 am
Location: Katy, TX

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

#415

Post by striker55 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:34 pm

Hildago was over ruled, no prisoners to be released. https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... us-crisis/

User avatar

Vol Texan
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2050
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:18 am
Location: Houston
Contact:

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

#416

Post by Vol Texan » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:48 pm

striker55 wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:34 pm
Hildago was over ruled, no prisoners to be released. https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... us-crisis/
No MORE will be released. Some are out already. Keep your powder dry, Folks!
Your number one option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor & NRA Pistol Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Armored Cav. | Tennessee Squire


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 290
Posts: 11374
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

#417

Post by philip964 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:41 pm

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... nt-felons/

Art talks about Harris County coddling criminals.


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 290
Posts: 11374
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

#418

Post by philip964 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:37 pm

https://www.click2houston.com/traffic/2 ... ities-say/

With Houston streets empty, people are going fast and people are dieing, 3 deaths just today.


striker55
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 16
Posts: 744
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:27 am
Location: Katy, TX

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

#419

Post by striker55 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:44 pm



TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1866
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

#420

Post by TreyHouston » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:07 pm

philip964 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:37 pm
https://www.click2houston.com/traffic/2 ... ities-say/

With Houston streets empty, people are going fast and people are dieing, 3 deaths just today.
14 deaths from covid. 3 deaths just today already in wreaks....
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Post Reply

Return to “The Crime Blotter”