TX: The mean interstate near Waco

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

TX: The mean interstate near Waco

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/nati ... her-of-3-1

Rock thrown from railroad bridge over I 35 kills mother of three. RIP

That weapon catogory that has more deaths than all rifles just gained one more poor victim.

This link worked.

powerboatr

Re: TX: The mean interstate near Waco

Post by powerboatr »

unreal...
during our time living in Jacksonville Fl in the mid 90s we had some KID tossing cider blocks (the BIG ONES) off overpass walkways onto cars..killed a few people, caused a tons of accidents. Took months but they finally got him. sick freaking people out there
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

2farnorth

Post by 2farnorth »

I have been the victim of overpass killers twice (once in Iowa and once in Tx) and saw the results of others west of Chicago and northern Maine. I now try to change lanes in underpasses if traffic permits. Also try to gauge what the potential threat is by the amount of traffic overhead. Hours of darkness and light/no traffic overhead are the most likely places.

Iowa was a grapefuit sized rock. Hit the front cab overhang on my motor home
Texas was a cement block (2 juveniles) out at 4 am. Hit the juncture of the roof and windshield on drivers side of my pickup.
Chicago was cement block that injured the driver and caused wreck.
Maine was two pumpkins that took out both wind shields of a semi and injured the driver.

I also got hit on the external sun visor (semi-truck) by a baseball sized rock thrown from the shoulder/bank of southbound I-95 in southern Ct.

Stay alert. These idiots respect no one and are unpredictable
N5PNZ

DocV

Post by DocV »

That actually was near Temple rather than Waco. Still horrible and disturbing though.

Odinvalknir

Post by Odinvalknir »

If you didn't wreck from the impact, or unfortunately be killed from the impact, would this be a reasonable liable use of deadly force reaction? As in, drawing and shooting the idiots who dropped/threw the rock? I assume it would be, no i'm not looking for a reason to use my firearm. I just feel in the moment, someone driving and not being killed would be extremely irritated, and retaliate.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Odinvalknir wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:35 pm If you didn't wreck from the impact, or unfortunately be killed from the impact, would this be a reasonable liable use of deadly force reaction? As in, drawing and shooting the idiots who dropped/threw the rock? I assume it would be, no i'm not looking for a reason to use my firearm. I just feel in the moment, someone driving and not being killed would be extremely irritated, and retaliate.
I would say no, unless, you or a third party were still in danger,i.e. seeing the perpetrators readying to throw something at someone else. At highway speed, you would be well past, the bridge or overpass, before you could even stop. Even if,you somehow, saw the cretins, more than likely, they would be making a hasty retreat, and shooting at fleeing people, never bodes well for the shooter. Despite the fact, that anger, and retaliation, would be forefront in your mind, if they are no longer, an immediate threat, you would be putting yourself, in a very precarious, legal prediciment. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Another one thrown from an overpass maybe a mile from the first one. Luckily there were no injuries.

https://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Anoth ... 66291.html
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

RottenApple

Post by RottenApple »

Good grief. :shock: I ride through there a couple times a year on my Harley. I can't even imagine what kind of damage that would do to a biker.

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

Jusme wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:55 pm
Odinvalknir wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:35 pm If you didn't wreck from the impact, or unfortunately be killed from the impact, would this be a reasonable liable use of deadly force reaction? As in, drawing and shooting the idiots who dropped/threw the rock? I assume it would be, no i'm not looking for a reason to use my firearm. I just feel in the moment, someone driving and not being killed would be extremely irritated, and retaliate.
I would say no, unless, you or a third party were still in danger,i.e. seeing the perpetrators readying to throw something at someone else. At highway speed, you would be well past, the bridge or overpass, before you could even stop. Even if,you somehow, saw the cretins, more than likely, they would be making a hasty retreat, and shooting at fleeing people, never bodes well for the shooter. Despite the fact, that anger, and retaliation, would be forefront in your mind, if they are no longer, an immediate threat, you would be putting yourself, in a very precarious, legal prediciment. JMHO
If on the jury I'd still acquit all day every day. However good luck getting someone like me on your jury. The smart and legal play is no shoot.
NRA Benefactor Member

Return to “The Crime Blotter”