Road Rage in Willis; LTC involved

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Aggie_engr
Posts in topic: 1

Road Rage in Willis; LTC involved

Post by Aggie_engr »

The thread about road rage in Austin prompted me to post this here. According to the article, the alleged suspect had a LTC which has since been revoked.
Shawn Paul Corriston, 46, of Spring, is being charged with disorderly conduct by displaying a firearm, a Class B misdemeanor. A Pct. 2 deputy was dispatched around 7 p.m. to I-45 southbound from FM 1097 about a motorist in a metallic colored Jeep pointing a black Glock-style handgun at a driver and his family during a road rage incident, according to the Precinct 1 Constable's Office.

Subsequently, Corriston's license to carry has been suspended, Precinct 2 stated.
https://www.yourconroenews.com/neighbor ... 029326.php

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Road Rage in Willis; LTC involved

Post by K.Mooneyham »

speedygonzo1978 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:27 am I saw the news about this and I happen to live 2 miles from this intersection. Pretty scary stuff. But man the LTC holder was definitely out of line.
How do we know the LTC-holder actually did that? Maybe the other vehicle really did cut him off and almost cause him to crash. Maybe he shook his fist at them or made a foul gesture they found offensive. Saying it's a "man with a gun" is almost a no-brainer in Texas because so many people are armed, and it's an easy way to get someone in trouble. I've seen a lot of people drive pretty dangerously on packed highways, as I'm sure you have, too.

Then again, maybe he did do it...but it's really one word against the other, unless there is video or photographic evidence.

BTW, I'm not condoning bad or dangerous behavior; just proposing the other side of things. LTCers gave the lowest incidence of crimes in our state, when taken as a group.

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

Guy could have been open carrying, got out of vehicle to be verbal but not threatening and the family called police because they felt threatened or just wanted the guy to get in trouble. We do not know the facts, but if he did what is reported, then he is the aggressor and is lucky he lost his LTC and not his life by being met with an armed, trained, and prepared occupant of the other vehicle.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:11 am
speedygonzo1978 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:27 am I saw the news about this and I happen to live 2 miles from this intersection. Pretty scary stuff. But man the LTC holder was definitely out of line.
How do we know the LTC-holder actually did that? Maybe the other vehicle really did cut him off and almost cause him to crash. Maybe he shook his fist at them or made a foul gesture they found offensive. Saying it's a "man with a gun" is almost a no-brainer in Texas because so many people are armed, and it's an easy way to get someone in trouble. I've seen a lot of people drive pretty dangerously on packed highways, as I'm sure you have, too.

Then again, maybe he did do it...but it's really one word against the other, unless there is video or photographic evidence.

BTW, I'm not condoning bad or dangerous behavior; just proposing the other side of things. LTCers gave the lowest incidence of crimes in our state, when taken as a group.
:iagree: It sounds like the LTC was open carrying so it would be very easy for someone to state that he pointed the gun at someone. Getting out of his vesicle wasn't a good idea.
Last edited by WildBill on Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Endowment Member

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

WildBill wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:55 am
K.Mooneyham wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:11 am

:iagree: I sounds like the LTC was open carrying so it would be very easy for someone to state that he pointed the gun at someone. Getting out of his vesicle wasn't a good idea.
Yes, sir, exiting his vehicle was a serious mistake, even if he was cut off in traffic.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

WildBill wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:55 am :iagree: I sounds like the LTC was open carrying so it would be very easy for someone to state that he pointed the gun at someone. Getting out of his vesicle wasn't a good idea.
:iagree: A wise man once told me... When you carry a gun, every conflict you get involved in is an armed conflict. And armed conflicts should be avoided whenever possible.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

There is a whole lot of stupid in this story. The plaintive claims the driver pointed a gun at him, while still driving. He supposedly had his family with him. If that were true, why would he stop?
If the LTC holder was cut off in traffic, what was he hoping to accomplish, by stopping and getting out of his vehicle? Sounds to me like no one was engaging their brains. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

RoyGBiv wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:54 am :iagree: A wise man once told me... When you carry a gun, every conflict you get involved in is an armed conflict. And armed conflicts should be avoided whenever possible.
Wise advice. We must hold ourselves to a higher standard of behavior.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Jusme wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:16 pm There is a whole lot of stupid in this story. The plaintive claims the driver pointed a gun at him, while still driving. He supposedly had his family with him. If that were true, why would he stop?
If the LTC holder was cut off in traffic, what was he hoping to accomplish, by stopping and getting out of his vehicle? Sounds to me like no one was engaging their brains. JMHO
Since there was no collision there is no good that could come out of either person stopping.
NRA Endowment Member

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

LDP wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:39 pm
K.Mooneyham wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:11 amHow do we know the LTC-holder actually did that?
Absolutely agree.
It can happen to any of us on a nice OC day. People lie. It is very common nowadays. And libtards love to lie about guns to get us "armed criminals" all jailed and guns banned, get used to it.

If this happens to any of us and someone lies that we threatened them with deadly force, do we have any recourse? Is there any legal action one can take against such liar? Manufacturing events that did not transpire is one thing but lying to a LEO about deadly force is much more serious. Anything one can do about it?
I believe that filing a false police report is a Class B Misdemeanor punishable by up to 180 days in jail and a fine of up to $2000 under Texas Penal Code Section 37.08.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

The part of this that bothers me is that someone can just claim you waved a gun at them and it is up to you to prove you didn't. Seems a bit backwards.

Maybe this guy admitted it or something. There has to be more to the story.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:21 pm The part of this that bothers me is that someone can just claim you waved a gun at them and it is up to you to prove you didn't. Seems a bit backwards.

Maybe this guy admitted it or something. There has to be more to the story.
Dashcam. I’ve been putting off getting one, but I’m not going to wait any longer.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “The Crime Blotter”