Sheriffs Deputy Kills suspect.

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 4

Sheriffs Deputy Kills suspect.

Post by G.A. Heath »

Monday morning a suspicious vehicle was reported at an office next to a residence between Seminole and the state line. A currently unidentified Gaines County deputy responded to the scene. He encountered a single male suspect and asked the man for ID. The suspect then scuffled with the deputy and stabbed him. The deputy shot and killed the suspect ending the encounter.

The suspect has been identified as a man wanted in connection to two murders in Mashville Tn. and was driving the previous victims vehicle. The suspect reportedly committed the murders by stabbing his victims.

https://www.kcbd.com/video/2019/06/24/t ... -deputy-2/
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Rex B
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Sheriffs Deputy Kills suspect.

Post by Rex B »

Wow. Hope the deputy is OK!
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

Topic author
G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

Last I heard he was out of surgery and recovering. Since this is a small town I have known the deputy's name since shortly after hearing about the incident, but I do not know if it has been publicly released yet. While I know some details they are second or third hand at best. From what I have heard this incident has lessons to teach even though the deputy reportedly did things by the book.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?

Topic author
G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

Update and correction: Gaines County Deputy Shane Scott's name has been publicly released and is recovering. He approached the suspect while the suspect was in his vehicle and was stabbed while requesting ID.

Correction: The suspect was wanted for one count of murder and one count of attempted murder in Nashville. That incident happened on Friday. A victim in TN was reported to still be in critical condition from multiple stab wounds.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

This definitely shows that one just never knows who is sitting in that other vehicle on the roads. The guy likely would have murdered someone else if the officer had not gotten to him when he did.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Praying for the deputy. Knife wounds can be a terrible thing. I am glad the suspect can’t harm or kill anyone else.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

carlson1 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:01 am Praying for the deputy. Knife wounds can be a terrible thing. I am glad the suspect can’t harm or kill anyone else.
Somebody with a knife scares me more than somebody with a gun, somebody with a gun would probably get shot a couple of times, somebody with a knife I'd probably empty the entire mag!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

narcissist

Post by narcissist »

Deputy followed protocol, glad he did the right thing. Wonder how bad the stab wound was, hope he recovers and doesn't worry/feel bad about doing the right thing.
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

Topic author
G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

narcissist wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:21 am Deputy followed protocol, glad he did the right thing. Wonder how bad the stab wound was, hope he recovers and doesn't worry/feel bad about doing the right thing.
He is recovering just fine last I heard, he might even be back at work by now.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”