TX: 18yo walks to Walmart open carrying 2 Air Soft guns just to see what would happen

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Re: TX: 18yo walks to Walmart open carrying 2 Air Soft guns just to see what would happen

Post by The Annoyed Man »

flintknapper wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:26 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:44 pm
jb2012 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:06 am
Texas_Blaze wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:42 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:24 am Good Night Nurse! I am beginning to think millennials are all severely brain damaged. This was just nothing short of a stupid move.
I to like blamin’ millennials for most anything also but only when the age fits. I don’t think 18yo is a millennial.
I like to blame baby boomers and generation y for most anything, but only when the age fits.
I’m a boomer—1952. Take your best shot. :mrgreen:
Right there with ya. December of 1954. Ready for the incoming.
FLINT!!!! Long time no see, buddy! How have you been......other than getting older? :lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

strogg
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TX: 18yo walks to Walmart open carrying 2 Air Soft guns just to see what would happen

Post by strogg »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:24 am Good Night Nurse! I am beginning to think millennials are all severely brain damaged. This was just nothing short of a stupid move.
I to like blamin’ millennials for most anything also but only when the age fits. I don’t think 18yo is a millennial.
I like to blame baby boomers and generation y for most anything, but only when the age fits.
C'mon folks. There are upsides to millennials too. Without them, there'd be far fewer people to make fun of :biggrinjester:

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 14

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

strogg wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:42 pm
C'mon folks. There are upsides to millennials too. Without them, there'd be far fewer people to make fun of :biggrinjester:
True. In addition, they sure make us boomers look good. :mrgreen:

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

This takes stupidity to an all-time low.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

mojo84
Posts in topic: 5

Post by mojo84 »

OneGun wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:01 pm This takes stupidity to an all-time low.
I think full grown adults doing it with real guns trumps this kid.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

03Lightningrocks

mojo84 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:04 pm
OneGun wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:01 pm This takes stupidity to an all-time low.
That is the second time you mentioned this. I am wondering if you think someone else doing something stupid it makes it OK for this grown man to do something stupid? 18 is considered an adult. By the way.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:20 pm
That is the second time you mentioned this. I am wondering if you think someone else doing something stupid it makes it OK for this grown man to do something stupid? 18 is considered an adult. By the way.
Can't imagine why you would think or wonder that. It's quite an erroneous stretch. However, you would not be the first one on here to make such an error .

I think it is absolutely terrible and idiotic for someone to do this. I think it's even worse for a mature adult to do it with real guns. Look at where we are because of stupid stunts such as this. The point in an making is obvious. There are still those that are pushing the retailers even though the negative pressure against the RKBA is greater than any time I remember.

We would all be better off by not making such erroneous assumptions about what people think or intend. If you have a question or don't understand, just ask without making negative attributions. .

By the way, it is proven scientific fact male brains aren't fully developed until some time in the early to mid 20's. There a reason people aren't allowed to vote, by alcohol and tobacco until a certain age. Why do you think insurance companies charge more for makes until the r reach 25?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

03Lightningrocks

mojo84 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:40 pm
Can't imagine why you would think or wonder that. It's quite an erroneous stretch. However, you would not be the first one on here to make such an error .

I think it is absolutely terrible and idiotic for someone to do this. I think it's even worse for a mature adult to do it with real guns. Look at where we are because of stupid stunts such as this. The point in an making is obvious. There are still those that are pushing the retailers even though the negative pressure against the RKBA is greater than any time I remember.

We would all be better off by not making such erroneous assumptions about what people think or intend. If you have a question or don't understand, just ask without making negative attributions. .

By the way, it is proven scientific fact male brains aren't fully developed until some time in the early to mid 20's. There a reason people aren't allowed to vote, by alcohol and tobacco until a certain age. Why do you think insurance companies charge more for makes until the r reach 25?
Your comments actually gave every impression you were excusing his stupidity based on someone others stupidity. Don't get upset with me when you made the posts. The reality is that this young man did something extra ignorant when one considers the climate of Americans all being scared to death of a new nut job shooting up the next location. We don't live in a vacuum. We are on the heels of three mass shootings.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:52 pm

Your comments actually gave every impression you were excusing his stupidity based on someone others stupidity. Don't get upset with me when you made the posts. The reality is that this young man did something extra ignorant when one considers the climate of Americans all being scared to death of a new nut job shooting up the next location. We don't live in a vacuum. We are on the heels of three mass shootings.
Again, you made false assumptions or didn't understand my point. A simple question without false attribution or negative assumptions would have been much more appropriate. To be very clear, as bad as I think it is for this young man to do this with fake guns, I think it's even worse for mature adults to do it with real guns.

There are posts on this forum of forum members saying they are going to our have been open carrying in Walmart to test Walmart response after seeing that they have indicated they do not want people open carrying. Your last couple of sentences are exactly why I'm stressing how stupid it is to do so.

You and I have both been on this forum a long time and have many posts, you may want to consider giving the benefit of the doubt instead of making false assumptions.

It's a shame you can't see we agree with each other.
Last edited by mojo84 on Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

03Lightningrocks

mojo84 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:03 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:52 pm

Again, you made false assumptions or didn't understand my point. A simple question without false attribution or negative assumptions would have been much more appropriate.

There are posts on this forum of forum members saying they are going to our have been open carrying in Walmart to test Walmart response after seeing that they have indicated they do not want people open carrying. Your last couple of sentences are exactly why I'm stressing how stupid it is to do so.

You and I have both been on this forum a long time and have many posts, you may want to consider giving the benefit of the doubt instead of making false assumptions.

It's a shame you can't see we agree with each other.
:iagree: and I see your point now. I have also read others post of "testing the water"" and now is a really bad time for this IMHO.

striker55

Post by striker55 »

What is wrong with "yoots" of today? No respect and clueless.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Oldgringo »

I get the point and :iagree:

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:26 am
jb2012 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:24 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:47 am
Well it does in this case. Using the word "millennial" does apply to Y and Z. Like it or not.

https://whatis.techtarget.com/definitio ... generation
A Time magazine article placed the Millennials at 1980-2000.
Overall, the earliest proposed birthdate for Millennials is 1976 and the latest 2004.
Argue over who is and isn’t a millenial all you want, making broad statements about an entire generation is as narrow minded as racism, sexism, or any other prejudice. There are good and bad in every generation including your generation. May I also remind you, who raised these “millennials”?
Virtue signaling 101.
Red Herring logical fallacy 101

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

lol it was just a shot at lightning for an uncalled for and ignorant statement. I don’t have a problem with ALL people of ANY subgroup.

Aside-
This thread is outrageous to say the least. Some of the opinions expressed here are awfully extreme. 30 for voting age? All millennials are to blame? I know that things get lost in translation while conversing online, but wow!

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by flintknapper »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:42 pm
FLINT!!!! Long time no see, buddy! How have you been......other than getting older? :lol:
Doing fine TAM. Hope the same is true for you as well. Been retired now for a few years. Just catching up on things that need doing around the property.
Take care.
Flint.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

Return to “The Crime Blotter”