GA: "Jogger" chased and murdered

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Paladin
Posts in topic: 3

Re: GA: "Jogger" chased and murdered

Post by Paladin »

philip964 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:14 pm https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/g ... ud-arbery/

Grand Jury indicts DA for obstruction.
When are they going to indict all the Soros for obstruction DA's?
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

srothstein
Posts in topic: 11

Post by srothstein »

philip964 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:53 pm https://www.click2houston.com/news/nati ... sentences/

Two life without parole. Guy filming, life with possibility of parole.

Lesson here. Call the police.
And the actual sentence shows a major problem with our judicial system.The actual sentence was life without parole plus 20 years. How do they expect anyone to serve more than their life in jail? Keep the cadaver in the cell for twenty years before the funeral?
Steve Rothstein

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 50

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

srothstein wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:57 pm
philip964 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:53 pm https://www.click2houston.com/news/nati ... sentences/

And the actual sentence shows a major problem with our judicial system.The actual sentence was life without parole plus 20 years. How do they expect anyone to serve more than their life in jail? Keep the cadaver in the cell for twenty years before the funeral?
That is funny. I was just going to post the same thing. How exactly does one serve a life sentence plus 20 years? Seems pointless.

03Lightningrocks

I am still a bit confused by the guy filming being sent to prison. Truth is, had he kept that video a secret, they may not have convicted any of them.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 74

Post by philip964 »

https://apple.news/AOr7t9syxTlWwrCkPKq83lg

Judge rejects “sweetheart” plea deal on federal hate crime charges. Family objected.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/2022 ... rys-death/

Guy who pulled the trigger sentenced to federal life in prison for hate crime.

My understanding is you serve the entire time when it’s a federal sentence.

Jeff B.
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Jeff B. »

I've got an issue with the entire concept of "hate crimes" and how, predictably, they've become a club to be used against some portions of society by the government and other groups.

There's a crime. Murder, assault, robbery, theft, embezzlement, whatever... charge the person under the statute and if guilty, convict them in a court of law and send them to jail. We're having trials in the media now and allowing public opinion and sentiment to render verdicts.

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

03Lightningrocks

Jeff B. wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:36 pm I've got an issue with the entire concept of "hate crimes" and how, predictably, they've become a club to be used against some portions of society by the government and other groups.

There's a crime. Murder, assault, robbery, theft, embezzlement, whatever... charge the person under the statute and if guilty, convict them in a court of law and send them to jail. We're having trials in the media now and allowing public opinion and sentiment to render verdicts.

Jeff B.
:iagree:

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 5

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Jeff B. wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:36 pm I've got an issue with the entire concept of "hate crimes" and how, predictably, they've become a club to be used against some portions of society by the government and other groups.

Jeff B.
:iagree: County me in on that. Either it was a deadly crime or it was not.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

For comparison of punishment.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -bars.html

Robbery stabbing murder of teen NYC college student by three teen men. 14 years - the minimum.

03Lightningrocks

K.Mooneyham wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:59 pm

Jeff B.
Let's just call a spade a spade. Many more white folk are killed by racist blacks than the other way around. If there is any hate, it is black hating on whites. Crime statistics show that a black person is many times more likely to be killed by a fellow black than a white. We are not allowed to be proud to be white but they are actually encouraged to be proud they are black. The whole damned concept is racist. I do however believe these three white dudes were racists. But they didn't kill the dude because he was black. They killed him because they believed he had committed a crime and were trying to stop him. The fact that they were racists had nothing to do with why they killed the guy.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 1

Post by anygunanywhere »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:52 am
K.Mooneyham wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:59 pm

Jeff B.
Let's just call a spade a spade. Many more white folk are killed by racist blacks than the other way around. If there is any hate, it is black hating on whites. Crime statistics show that a black person is many times more likely to be killed by a fellow black than a white. We are not allowed to be proud to be white but they are actually encouraged to be proud they are black. The whole damned concept is racist. I do however believe these three white dudes were racists. But they didn't kill the dude because he was black. They killed him because they believed he had committed a crime and were trying to stop him. The fact that they were racists had nothing to do with why they killed the guy.
You are mistaken.

Blacks can not hate whites nor be racist. Hate and racism is not in their nature.

You really need to rethink your position.

I really don't know how I can type that with a straight face.

:smilelol5:
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Return to “The Crime Blotter”