The New Normal: Crime Pays

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
iratollah
Posts in topic: 3

The New Normal: Crime Pays

Post by iratollah »

Michael Berry
Harris County Jail Refuses To Accept Three Punks Busted Breaking Into Cars
Apr 30, 2020

Three men were arrested burglarizing vehicles in a West University neighborhood.

Police caught the three suspects, but they were all immeditately freed because the Harris County Sheriff’s Office would not accept them because they had “no prior arrests”.

From the West University Police Department: (our emphasis added)

“On Tuesday April 28, officers, after receiving a call from a vigilant citizen, apprehended three suspects that had been burglarizing vehicles in the area of the 4200 block of Tennyson. The District Attorney’s Office was contacted and two counts of Burglary of Motor Vehicles (BMV) were accepted on all three suspects. The Harris County Sheriff’s Office Joint Processing Center was also contacted and West U officers were advised that the Sheriff’s Office would not accept the suspects due to the suspects having no prior arrests for BMV. As a result of the Harris County Sheriff’s Office refusal to accept the suspects, West U Officers had no choice but to release the suspects from the scene.”

As the Czar said on the show yesterday, “you know they weren’t caught on the first car they were busted in. What about all the damage they’ve just done...it probably wasn’t 5-minutes later busting another windows, laughing all the way.”

https://ktrh.iheart.com/featured/michae ... -into-cars
it's socially unacceptable to be ahead of your time.
L'Olam Lo - Never Again

ELB
Posts in topic: 1

Re: The New Normal: Crime Pays

Post by ELB »

I hope they let them go in the sheriff's neighborhood.
USAF 1982-2005

philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Post by philip964 »

Is breaking into a car a crime?

I thought that was now a civil right?

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

ELB wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 2:23 pm I hope they let them go in the sheriff's neighborhood.
Yep....but my guess is that the sheriff is a NIMBY.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

iratollah wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:33 pm Michael Berry
Harris County Jail Refuses To Accept Three Punks Busted Breaking Into Cars
Apr 30, 2020

Three men were arrested burglarizing vehicles in a West University neighborhood.

Police caught the three suspects, but they were all immeditately freed because the Harris County Sheriff’s Office would not accept them because they had “no prior arrests”.

If this does become the "New Norm" due to over crowding or what ever they want to use as an excuse then the younger "wanna be" "learners" will get started knowing they have one "get outta jail free card" to get started on. :nono: :smash: :banghead: :mad5
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Mel

Post by Mel »

longtooth wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 8:00 am
iratollah wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:33 pm Michael Berry
Harris County Jail Refuses To Accept Three Punks Busted Breaking Into CarsApr 30, 2020
If this does become the "New Norm" due to over crowding or what ever they want to use as an excuse then the younger "wanna be" "learners" will get started knowing they have one "get outta jail free card" to get started on. :nono: :smash: :banghead: :mad5
Wouldn't this be a life time get outta jail free card? If they are not arrested the first time, then the second time, they still have no prior arrests!

So much for the future of our Country.
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

pushpullpete

Post by pushpullpete »

No prior arrests. OK. Remember the words of Bubba Gumps mother (Jenny) "Stupid is as stupid does".

Just sayin'

:txflag: :patriot:

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

An example of where things can go terribly wrong: Kalifornia!

May 2, 2020: "Glendora police this week arrested and released a man for allegedly stealing cars and other property three times in the same day, blaming California's new zero-bail policy for their inability to keep the suspect behind bars." https://abc7.com/california-zero-bail-p ... a/6144190/
In early April, the California Judicial Council established a new policy setting bail at zero for most misdemeanor and low-level felonies to keep the jail population lower during the coronavirus crisis.

As a result, Glendora police say, they were unable to keep a car theft suspect in custody, and ended up arresting him three times in the span of 12 hours for separate thefts, the final one resulting in a car chase.
In that last incident, a car was reported stolen at 20:49 last Wednesday. Interagency involvement included the Glendora Police Department, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, and the California Highway Patrol. They located the 24-year-old felon on the I-10 freeway in La Puente, gave chase, and caught him in Pasadena. He was arrested for the 3rd time that day, this one for possession of a stolen vehicle and evading arrest. Once again, with the state putting the handcuffs on the LEOs instead of the bad guys, all the officers could do was give the car thief a ticket and release him.

You simply can't make this stuff up.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

The elites wish to destroy the country....this is just part of the plan.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Not really all that new. I just posted this a few minutes ago. I was incorrect on the number it was 5 pharmacies.
viewtopic.php?f=108&t=95113&p=1283270#p1283270

and this
https://abc13.com/bond-pasadena-judge-courts/5112262/
Jakouri Jones, 18, was able to exchange jail time for his signature after posting bond for allegedly robbing four pharmacies with a weapon in a matter of weeks.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
iratollah
Posts in topic: 3

Post by iratollah »

There's a growing pandemic of law enforcement going after law abiding citizens rather than repeat offenders, here's another one from the Carolinas:

Posse of underage kids steals 46 cars from 13 dealerships because they're bored
Police can't arrest the suspects because of social distancing

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/05/01/juv ... -carolina/
it's socially unacceptable to be ahead of your time.
L'Olam Lo - Never Again

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

iratollah wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 2:37 pm There's a growing pandemic of law enforcement going after law abiding citizens rather than repeat offenders, here's another one from the Carolinas:

Posse of underage kids steals 46 cars from 13 dealerships because they're bored
Police can't arrest the suspects because of social distancing

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/05/01/juv ... -carolina/
A second pandemic! Self-quarantine! Flatten the crime curve! Social distance from criminals!

Did you see the rather low-tech way some police in India are dealing with the can't get close enough to arrest because of social distancing thing?

:headscratch
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

RSX11

Post by RSX11 »

Glendora police this week arrested and released a man for allegedly stealing cars and other property three times in the same day
This guy is a terrible criminal. And by that, I mean he is really terrible at being a criminal. He needs to look for less intellectually demanding work.

striker55

Post by striker55 »

If anyone has a Ring camera you can see every night kids, men checking car doors. One video showed 6 kids around 10 - 12 years old at 3am roaming the street checking car doors. This was in a Katy neighborhood. They know if they get caught nothing would probably happen to them.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

So much for decent parenting, even at 16 I wasn't allowed to be out at 3am, when I was dating the young ladies had to be home by midnight!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Return to “The Crime Blotter”