KT: Louisville woman killed by police after serving a no knock warrant. CHL boyfriend fired at plainclothed officers

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

oljames3
Posts in topic: 1

Re: KT: Louisville woman killed by police after serving a no knock warrant. CHL boyfriend fired at plainclothed officers

Post by oljames3 » Wed May 20, 2020 8:58 pm

Colion Noir wades in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPS6IA5z-Sw
No-Knock Warrants - Why The Breonna Taylor & Kenneth Walker Shooting Should Terrify Gun Owners
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA Distinguished Life Member (Disabled Vet), TSRA, NAR L1

Jago668

Re: KT: Louisville woman killed by police after serving a no knock warrant. CHL boyfriend fired at plainclothed officers

Post by Jago668 » Wed May 20, 2020 10:17 pm

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 5:33 pm
Paladin wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 3:13 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 2:51 pm
Kentucky is KY. If the officers announced their presence, I am not sure how the home owner can claim they did not know it was the cops. This one should get interesting. I wonder if the cops had their body cams running. I do worry about the "no knock" warrants for this very reason.
The officer's knocking and announcing their presence is a fact in dispute. With the known fact that the officers had a warrant for a bogus address and an apparent bogus sighting of a car... this sounds like an incident similar to what happened in Houston. An officer lied and/or manufactured evidence to get the warrant... and allegedly did a poor job executing the warrant. In any event it was a bad raid with an unnecessary death.
If the raid took place at 1:30AM, it is quite likely that the residents didn't hear anything the officers may have said while entering. (I don't believe they announced anything, but I may be wrong.) I don't believe for one second that they knocked on the door several times before breaking in. They wouldn't have gotten a "no knock" warrant had they intended to do so.

Chas.
100% why everyone should have some form of recording at their door. Ring doorbell, security cameras from Harbor Freight, anything.
NRA Benefactor Member

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 4

Post by philip964 » Sat May 23, 2020 4:41 pm

puma guy

Post by puma guy » Sat May 23, 2020 10:15 pm

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 5:33 pm
Paladin wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 3:13 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 2:51 pm
Kentucky is KY. If the officers announced their presence, I am not sure how the home owner can claim they did not know it was the cops. This one should get interesting. I wonder if the cops had their body cams running. I do worry about the "no knock" warrants for this very reason.
The officer's knocking and announcing their presence is a fact in dispute. With the known fact that the officers had a warrant for a bogus address and an apparent bogus sighting of a car... this sounds like an incident similar to what happened in Houston. An officer lied and/or manufactured evidence to get the warrant... and allegedly did a poor job executing the warrant. In any event it was a bad raid with an unnecessary death.
If the raid took place at 1:30AM, it is quite likely that the residents didn't hear anything the officers may have said while entering. (I don't believe they announced anything, but I may be wrong.) I don't believe for one second that they knocked on the door several times before breaking in. They wouldn't have gotten a "no knock" warrant had they intended to do so.

Chas.
:iagree:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “The Crime Blotter”