Houston: VIDEO: Man brutally attacked, taunted by BLM group outside local gas station

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Houston: VIDEO: Man brutally attacked, taunted by BLM group outside local gas station

Post by Paladin »

VIDEO: Man brutally attacked, taunted by group outside local gas station
He comes up to me, kicks me in the face, and screams, “Black Lives Matter....
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

parabelum
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Houston: VIDEO: Man brutally attacked, taunted by BLM group outside local gas station

Post by parabelum »

So will this be considered a hate crime?

Tex1961

Re: Houston: VIDEO: Man brutally attacked, taunted by BLM group outside local gas station

Post by Tex1961 »

parabelum wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:52 am So will this be considered a hate crime?
Yea.. right.... Don't hold your breath.... "rlol"

Let's see, here in Dallas, White woman murdered by 3 teens, Cop gets run over by suspect while deploying stop sticks.... Perps in jail, but I doubt any hate crime charges....

striker55

Post by striker55 »

If they are arrested they will get low bail or $0 bail.

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Guess he learned his lesson...just allow thugs to break in line in front of you or else.

cirus

Post by cirus »

That's what happens when you depend on others for your safety.

gamboolman

Post by gamboolman »

This is terrible to see.
Even more so as we live in Spring.

If the victim had fought back - Surely disparity of force would allow self defense?

I have had neck fusion and what they did could kill me or paralyze me.

What does the folks here think as to what would happen if the young man had used a weapon to defend himself?

Hope the young man is not seriously injured and that the thugs are arrested and punished

gamboolman...
gamboolman
TSRA , GOA & NRA Life Member

Topic author
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

gamboolman wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:59 pm
What does the folks here think as to what would happen if the young man had used a weapon to defend himself?
I'm no lawyer, but 5-on-1 plus blows to head and stomps tell me that deadly force is in play and responding in-kind would be appropriate.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

philip964

Post by philip964 »

For most God does not exist along with his heaven,hell and sin.

Morality is no longer taught in schools.

Thus the threat of punishment for law breaking is the only thing preventing violence and theft.

End the punishment or even the risk of punishment and now there is nothing to prevent violence and theft.

Add a sense of entitlement and unfairness to your lot in life supposedly perpetrated by another race and this is what you have.

Beto the gift that keeps on giving.

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

I would say that use of deadly force was reasonable in this situation. Due to a disparity of force, there was a credible threat of serious bodily injury or death. The threat was imminent -- they were punching and kicking the guy.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

cirus

Post by cirus »

It would have been beautiful to see him pull out a pistol and hose all 5. Might have not looked to good in a courtroom though. Until someone does just that this crap will only get worse.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I am thinking one reason an LTC holder is less likely to be caught up in something like this has to do with the fact that most LTC holders know to stay out of situations that may force them to use deadly force. Deep inside I think most of us never want to be forced to take a human life. Knowing we have that ability causes us to make a concerted effort to avoid or even leave a situation that can require the use of deadly force.

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

Sad Story , I glad he be alright.
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”