NM: man shot at statue defense

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 3

NM: man shot at statue defense

Post by philip964 »

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ma ... o-n1231140

Typical MSM report.

https://conservativeus.com/video-antifa ... ropaganda/

Man minding his own business is smacked in the face by a skateboard, in self defense he shoots attacker.

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 1

Re: NM: man shot at statue defense

Post by Grayling813 »

Avoid crowds of irrational unstable people. You never know when they will turn their Irrational unstable attention to you.

Aggie_engr

Post by Aggie_engr »

Video of the shooting has been posted on youtube, follow the link in this tweet. You will need to login at youtube to verify your age.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

I have a hard time believing they charged him for shooting the guy hitting him
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

RPBrown wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:43 pm I have a hard time believing they charged him for shooting the guy hitting him
It’s NM.

ELB

Post by ELB »

This is nuts.

ETA: And we need skate board control, stat.
USAF 1982-2005

cirus

Post by cirus »

:anamatedbanana That was sweet. I love it when the good guys win.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-new- ... reddit.com

Shooting charges dropped, however, four new charges being brought. Not a CHL apparently.

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Attending a counter protest armed, and then engaging in shoving match wasn’t brightest idea on his part. Now, as he’s running away from the fight and is attacked, that’s a different story and the Skateboarder had it coming to him.
Lesson here is not to put yourself in a situation and/or place where the likelihood of having to use deadly force to get out of the jam is almost certain.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

Attending a counter protest probably isn't the smartest thing, whether armed or not, even if you don't get in a shoving match. It almost always means you are looking for trouble, and probably will find what you are looking for. I am not saying I would not do it for certain causes I feel strongly enough about, just that if I do I am going to expect trouble.
Steve Rothstein

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

srothstein wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:32 pm Attending a counter protest probably isn't the smartest thing, whether armed or not, even if you don't get in a shoving match. It almost always means you are looking for trouble, and probably will find what you are looking for. I am not saying I would not do it for certain causes I feel strongly enough about, just that if I do I am going to expect trouble.
parabelum wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:52 pm Attending a counter protest armed, and then engaging in shoving match wasn’t brightest idea on his part. Now, as he’s running away from the fight and is attacked, that’s a different story and the Skateboarder had it coming to him.
Lesson here is not to put yourself in a situation and/or place where the likelihood of having to use deadly force to get out of the jam is almost certain.
I mentioned this on another thread. I believe the reason more LTC/CHL holders are not in positions like this has to do with the desire to not be in a situation that requires the use of deadly force. It is all about being trained to avoid these kind of situations while carrying a firearm.

oljames3
Posts in topic: 2

Post by oljames3 »

Attorney Andrew Branca, the Law of Self Defense, reviews this incident on the LOSD Facebook page. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIcWBEHVYZc
https://www.facebook.com/LawofSelfDefen ... 484765660/
In today’s show we talked about the dropping of the gun charge, and the addition of battery charges, for Steven Baca in the Albuquerque NM shooting at the statue protest over the weekend. You can find the news report on these changed charges that I mention during the show here:

https://www.abqjournal.com/1467181/susp ... arges.html
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

Play stupid games win Stupid Prizes
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Paladin »

Judge releases Steven Ray Baca

WARNING GRAPHIC VIOLENCE AND LANGUAGE

WARNING GRAPHIC VIOLENCE AND LANGUAGE
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:25 pm
srothstein wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:32 pm Attending a counter protest probably isn't the smartest thing, whether armed or not, even if you don't get in a shoving match. It almost always means you are looking for trouble, and probably will find what you are looking for. I am not saying I would not do it for certain causes I feel strongly enough about, just that if I do I am going to expect trouble.
parabelum wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:52 pm Attending a counter protest armed, and then engaging in shoving match wasn’t brightest idea on his part. Now, as he’s running away from the fight and is attacked, that’s a different story and the Skateboarder had it coming to him.
I mentioned this on another thread. I believe the reason more LTC/CHL holders are not in positions like this has to do with the desire to not be in a situation that requires the use of deadly force. It is all about being trained to avoid these kind of situations while carrying a firearm.
There's that AND the likelihood of gargantuan legal fees defending your self-defense efforts. The best advice is to stay home and defend your house and home.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”