Various Open Carry Polls

Discussions about relevant bills filed and their status.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 3

Various Open Carry Polls

Post by Oldgringo »

As far as I'm concerned, as if anybody asked, these various OC polls can be closed on a near date certain.

Everyone has had time to "say their say" several times over in each poll. The votes are in and they are what they are. Further rhetoric is just causing more division, dissension and discord among those who should have a common goal of protecting and preserving our 2A RKBA rights.

IANAL or anybody else, I'm just sayin'... :txflag:

karl
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Various Open Carry Polls

Post by karl »

Perhaps closing the comments and leaving only the voting portion would be a good idea. I do like hearing my peer's opinions but I agree, unlike cats horses only have one life.
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

karl wrote:Perhaps closing the comments and leaving only the voting portion would be a good idea. I do like hearing my peer's opinions but I agree, unlike cats horses only have one life.
Agreed!

The bickering, rancor and vitriolic e-mail exchanges bordering on personal attacks, which are available for everyone's view, are not helping anybody's 2A RKBA cause. Quite the contrary, these rantings are making us all look like gun-loonies.

Whoops! See what I mean, I've said that already.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I didn't think it was all that bad. It seems to me there is really only one basic premise that some disagree with and that is whether or not more signs would go up prohibiting a CHL from carrying in many places we already can. Evidence from other states doesn't seem to indicate that will happen, but I'm not familiar with a state where OC was illegal for so long and then made legal under whatever circumstance to draw any conclusions from.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

C-dub wrote:I didn't think it was all that bad. It seems to me there is really only one basic premise that some disagree with and that is whether or not more signs would go up prohibiting a CHL from carrying in many places we already can. Evidence from other states doesn't seem to indicate that will happen, but I'm not familiar with a state where OC was illegal for so long and then made legal under whatever circumstance to draw any conclusions from.
Texas is very fortunate to have its 30.06 signs. A simple, cheap and generic "gunbuster" sign is all it takes in many other states. These "gunbuster" signs can be bought without specifity nearly anywhere.

For example, I walked past a "gunbuster" sign yesterday into a large unposted (30.06) medical complex in Tyler. Unknown to me, I had to have a shot in the hip. I suggested the shoulder, the nurse said the hip. I asked her to turn her back, not out of modesty, but so I could hand my SA 1911 LW Compact to Mrs. Oldgringo. Mrs. Oldgringo said the nurse saw the exchange and it was no big deal. If the nurse told the Doctor that there was a GUN :eek6 in the exam room, he made no mention of it. Life is good here, nothing is broken and nothing needs fixed. If the CHL requirements were somehow amended to allow the choice of OC without removing our current privileges via a signage change, that might be okay.

ITMT, I want to keep our 30.06 signs. I do not want OC or anything/anyone else to interfere with my right to self protection via my Texas CHL.

See, I've said the same thing over AGAIN. :banghead: Good day to all. :tiphat:

shootthesheet

Post by shootthesheet »

CHL is a privilege. Constitutional Carry is a right. Unlicensed, unregulated, free of charge, available to all, Second Amendment approved, God given right. I may be oldshootthesheet when it happens but, it is going to happen.

I like the comments and hope they keep them coming. Everybody gets to say what they think without one group or the other shutting them down. Thought that was what this board was all about.
http://gunrightsradio.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “2011 Texas Legislative Session”