SB 354 referred to Criminal Justice Cmte Feb 2

Discussions about relevant bills filed and their status.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
oldtexan

SB 354 referred to Criminal Justice Cmte Feb 2

Post by oldtexan »

I just noticed that the Legislature website (TLO)is stating that SB 354, one of the Campus Carry bills, was referred to the Senate's Criminal Justice Committee on February 2d. I could not find any indication of any hearings scheduled on this bill (or any other) for this committee.

Sen. Whitmire of Houston chairs this committee. Anyone here have any info about his likely leanings on this bill?

Neither HB 86 nor HB 750 have been referred to a committee according to TLO. Anyone here know which committee in the House will have jurisdiction on these bills?

BrianSW99
Posts in topic: 1

Re: SB 354 referred to Criminal Justice Cmte Feb 2

Post by BrianSW99 »

The CHL related bills went to the House Public Safety committee in the last session. I presume it will be the same this time as well.

Douva
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Douva »

oldtexan wrote:I just noticed that the Legislature website (TLO)is stating that SB 354, one of the Campus Carry bills, was referred to the Senate's Criminal Justice Committee on February 2d. I could not find any indication of any hearings scheduled on this bill (or any other) for this committee.

Sen. Whitmire of Houston chairs this committee. Anyone here have any info about his likely leanings on this bill?

Neither HB 86 nor HB 750 have been referred to a committee according to TLO. Anyone here know which committee in the House will have jurisdiction on these bills?
Whitmire voted to support campus carry in every senate vote (including votes on proposed amendments) last session.

Douva
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Douva »

BrianSW99 wrote:The CHL related bills went to the House Public Safety committee in the last session. I presume it will be the same this time as well.
No way of knowing. What we do know is that the makeup of the House Public Safety committee will be very different--neither the chair nor the vice-chair won reelection.

Return to “2011 Texas Legislative Session”