ACTION NEEDED: SB354 Campus Carry

Discussions about relevant bills filed and their status.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

hombre gris
Posts in topic: 1

Re: ACTION NEEDED: SB354 Campus Carry

Post by hombre gris »

RPB wrote:I'm not giving up because if I have to send my 2 daughters to an "online college" from another State where it isn't "ILLEGAL" to carry a "rape prevention kit" and they live in a "virtual dorm" ... I'll still have to feed them. :lol:
Also, I'd need a bumper sticker "MY MONEY AND MY DAUGHTERS GO TO WWW. U in Virginia "

Or just send them to Utah where it is legal. Then get get a bumper sticker "MY MONEY AND MY DAUGHTERS GO TO UTAH WHERE THEY CAN LEGALLY PROTECT THEMSELVES"

Owens
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Owens »

Called Duncan and Lucio.

The receptionist / secretary at both offices politely listened but gave no indications.

Also sent an e-mail to Duncan.

I don't have a copy to post, but I detailed 2 events that I was either a witness to or personally knew of that having a firearm would have been a better option for the situation.

As a professor, I also spoke of the lack of 'fear' I have regarding students on our campus carrying.

Hope it helps us get over the 'hump'.
Owens
Life Member NRA, TSRA

RHenriksen
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RHenriksen »

Wonderful to have a academic voice that offers a pro-gun viewpoint - sadly a rare commodity, thank you for pitching in.
Owens wrote:Called Duncan and Lucio.

The receptionist / secretary at both offices politely listened but gave no indications.

Also sent an e-mail to Duncan.

I don't have a copy to post, but I detailed 2 events that I was either a witness to or personally knew of that having a firearm would have been a better option for the situation.

As a professor, I also spoke of the lack of 'fear' I have regarding students on our campus carrying.

Hope it helps us get over the 'hump'.
Owens
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

Jasonw560
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Jasonw560 »

Lucio's a "No".

Wentworth has refused to put Lucio's amendment into the bill, so the Senator will not be voting for it.

I guess HS students' lives aren't as valuable as college students.
NRA EPL pending life member

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government"- Patrick Henry

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

Hm... so the bill stops here? Or is there anyone else who'll step up to be the 21st vote?

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 10

Post by RPB »

RHenriksen wrote:Hm... so the bill stops here? Or is there anyone else who'll step up to be the 21st vote?
That's why I'm contacting "other" Senators who weren't previously part of the "21" in the beginning too.. hope hope ...

Honestly, if they'd de-criminalize .... then let anyone "opt out and try to see my "policy breaking invisible gun"
I personally would be thrilled.

It would be such a huge step in the right direction.

And, hope it's never needed, but "could" some day, provide a response to the question THEY try to use against us ... "Show me one CHL who ever stopped a mass shooting" (in a gun-free zone)
Last edited by RPB on Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:42 am, edited 4 times in total.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Jasonw560
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Jasonw560 »

I'm calling Sen. Wentworth's office to see if he has the votes to get it to the floor. The staffer is supposed to get back to me, but I'll call before I go to town.
NRA EPL pending life member

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government"- Patrick Henry

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

RPB wrote:
RHenriksen wrote:Hm... so the bill stops here? Or is there anyone else who'll step up to be the 21st vote?
That's why I'm contacting "other" Senators who weren't previously part of the "21" in the beginning too.. hope hope ...

Honestly, if they'd de-criminalize .... then let anyone "opt out and try to see my " policy breaking invisible gun" I personally would be thrilled.
Can you list those remaining names? I can make another round of calls; not sure if it's hopeless to get them to reconsider, but I'm willing to make the effort.

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

RHenriksen wrote:
RPB wrote:

Honestly, if they'd de-criminalize .... then let anyone "opt out and try to see my " policy breaking invisible gun" I personally would be thrilled.
Can you list those remaining names? I can make another round of calls; not sure if it's hopeless to get them to reconsider, but I'm willing to make the effort.
Actually I called and E-mailed them ALL (copy paste into my magic Jack is fast) and I E-mailed them all and use the two free faxes online daily to different ones each day.

The ones to NOT need to waste limited free faxes on are the authors, unless they are "turn-coats"

Author: Wentworth | Birdwell | Carona | Deuell | Eltife | Estes | Fraser | Harris | Hegar | Jackson | Nelson | Patrick | Seliger | Williams

Contact info here
http://www.txdirectory.com/online/txsenate/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Except Gallegos e-mail address is no good so you have to go to here for Gallegos info
http://www.senate.state.tx.us/75r/senat ... /dist6.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Two free faxes per day at:
FaxZero.com
You'll get an E-mail to confirm, you click in it to actually send
I'm no lawyer

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

31 members of the Senate
- 14 Authors (14 of the 20 votes to suspend rules out of the 21 needed)
----------------------
17 left (6 of whom are part of the 20)
So out of the 17-6 = 11 left ...

only 1 vote needed

We should chip in on range fees for those 11 ... and dinner afterwards ...
:lol:

I've seen accounts of 2 anti-gun people turning around at least some after enjoying an outing to a range.
Jus sayin'
I'm no lawyer

Return to “2011 Texas Legislative Session”