Calendars Committee meets tomorrow

Discussions about relevant bills filed and their status.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
baldeagle
Posts in topic: 2

Calendars Committee meets tomorrow

Post by baldeagle »

9:45AM - if it's possible for you to watch, please do. HB 681 (Parking Lot bill) and HB 750 (Campus Carry bill) have been sent to the committee, and it's possible they will come up for a vote tomorrow.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Calendars Committee meets tomorrow

Post by RPB »

I didn't see HB 750 listed here on the list/Minutes today
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=43475&p=530362#p530356" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SO, Tomorrow they may discuss HB 750 (I hope)
just a notice of meeting so far

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlodocs/ ... 609451.HTM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But SB 354 is on the Senate Intent Calendar for tomorrow, so I'll be watching the Senate, and checking Calendar list for tomorrow too viewtopic.php?f=110&t=43863&p=530462#p530360" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=43872&p=530386#p530386" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In addition to the above, here's John Woods post, just do the opposite :mrgreen:
He lists additional Senators to call there
http://us1.campaign-archive2.com/?u=211 ... 183b84d350" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

artx

Post by artx »

RPB wrote:I didn't see HB 750 listed here on the list/Minutes today

In addition to the above, here's John Woods post, just do the opposite :mrgreen:
He lists additional Senators to call there
http://us1.campaign-archive2.com/?u=211 ... 183b84d350" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I faxed the 'opposite' tonight, I thoroughly enjoyed it :P

Thanks for the update on the calendars meeting. I've faxed them 2 times already over the last week.

TracerTong

Post by TracerTong »

Called the Calendars office today and the clerk said hb750 was not discussed. what gives?

Topic author
baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

What was discussed? Apparently the Calendars Committee meets behind closed doors and does not televise its sessions. No meeting minutes have been posted, so it's impossible to know what they did unless someone has the inside scoop.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

artx

Post by artx »

SB321 (parking lot, already passed Senate !) was voted out of House B&I today - I'm hoping calendars will schedule this one for the floor vote. Hoping anyway!

canvasbck

Post by canvasbck »

I called Rep Bonner's office today (vice chair, calendars and I live in his district). I informed the lady that answered the phone that I live in his district and wanted to encourage him to quickly get hb681 out onto the house floor. I didn't know at the time that SB321 had been voted out of committee. She was really quick to point out that "Rep Bonner is a co-author and he absolutely supports the bill and will work to ensure it's passage". I asked her if she knew of anything that was impeding this bill or hb750 on the calendars committee. She assured me that the committee was focused on getting the budget out of the way first, but "not to worry, 681 will come to a vote". I thanked her again for Rep Bonner's support and she said that she would definantly pass on my call to him. She seemed genuine when she thanked me for taking the time to call.

:thumbs2: :thumbs2: :cheers2:
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

Return to “2011 Texas Legislative Session”