TFC Podcast Episodes

Education & Advocacy. Join today, it's free!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TFC Podcast Episodes

Post by mojo84 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:The first Texas Firearms Coalition Texas Legislative Report has been published. As with the TFC Podcasts and Short-Shorts, the Leg. Reports are available on iTunes, Stitcher and on http://www.TexasFirearmsCoalition.com.

Chas.
Charles, I didn't figure you for a short-shorts kind of guy. :biggrinjester:
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Episode #20 of the Texas Firearms Coalition Podcasts has been released. It's available on iTunes, on Stitcher and on the TFC website. Note: Stitcher has an app for android devices as well as the website.

In this Episode: I discuss the rampant dishonesty of the mainstream media and the importance of Constitutional protections like the First and Second Amendments.

Show Topics:
  • In The Crosshairs: The American Media: Devil or Angel?
    In The News: 1) IDPA adds Division for pistol caliber carbines (PCC); 2) Anti-Trump riots guised as protests; 3) Anarchists trying to thwart the election with Electoral College
    Your NRA: Too soon to have detailed reports, but early indications are the NRA swung between 4% and 5% in swing states during the Presidential election.
    Guns & Gear: Carrying handguns in cold weather. Shooting in cold weather.
    Q&A: 1) How do NRA Board Members get on different NRA committees; 2) What type of holster do you use for regular carrying; 3) what are the chances that the restricted areas for LTCs will be reduced or eliminated in Texas?
Links to the material discussed are in the show notes on the TFC website.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

TFC Tex. Leg. Report #3

Texas Firearms Coalition Texas Legislative Report #3 has been published. As with the TFC Podcasts and Short-Shorts, the Leg. Reports are available on iTunes, Stitcher and on http://www.TexasFirearmsCoalition.com.

Chas.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Texas Firearms Coalition Texas Legislative Report #4 has been published. As with the TFC Podcasts and Short-Shorts, the Leg. Reports are available on iTunes, Stitcher and on http://www.TexasFirearmsCoalition.com.

Chas.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Episode #21 of the Texas Firearms Coalition Podcast has been released. It's available iTunes, Stitcher and on http://www.TexasFirearmsCoalition.com.

In this Episode:
  • In The Crosshairs: What Gun Should I Buy & How Do I Train?
    In The News: 1) Christmas season package stealing; 2) AG Opinion KP-120 regarding junior college campus-carry.
    The Texas Legislature: New segment for Podcasts. SB16 – LTC fee elimination
    Women & Guns: 1) Fastest growing new gun owner segment in U.S.; 2) Common to see women at range without men; 3) Women taking self-defense firearms classes in growing numbers; 4) More women in defensive handgun matches.
    The Real Story: The true goal of Texas Gun Sense: It Isn’t Gun Safety
    Today’s Safety Tip: Securing your firearms.
    Q&A: 1) Are DAO semi-auto pistols safer; 2) I’m trying to decide on a self-defense handgun. Are revolvers more reliable; 3) Is it legal for me to let my 10 year old daughter shoot?

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

The TFC Short Shot: The Sandy Hook Promise Video - Propaganda Not PSA[/url] has been released and is available on Stitcher, iTunes and the http://www.TexasFirearmsCoalition.com website. It is an analysis of the video and points out filmmakers' tricks along with attempts to paint all gun owners as simmering mass-murderers.

There's an excellent critique of the video on YouTube, but I'm not going to link it here on the Forum. The language used is terrible and that's a shame since his message is spot on.

Chas.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Texas Firearms Coalition Texas Legislative Report # has been published. As with the TFC Podcasts and Short-Shorts, the Leg. Reports are available on iTunes, Stitcher and on http://www.TexasFirearmsCoalition.com.

This Report covers gun-related bills prefiled for the 2017 Texas Legislative Session between Dec. 6th and 16th, 2016. These are bills filed prior to the opening of the 2017 legislative session. As such, this Report describes the impact of each bill, but there is no legislative activity to report.

Covered House Bills:
HB514, HB556, HB560, HB606 & HB621

Covered Senate Bills:
None.

The featured bills are HB191 and HB246 by F-Rated Rep. Diego Bernal and F-rated Rep. Rafael Anchia. Both bills would work against Texans who have a License to Carry a Handgun and against private property owners.

Chas.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Episode #22 of the Texas Firearms Coalition Podcasts has been released. It's available on iTunes, on Stitcher and on the TFC website. Note: Stitcher has an app for android devices as well as the website.

In this Episode: I discuss Texas law concerning the carrying of firearms.

Show Topics:

In The Crosshairs: Where Can I Take My Gun; What Does the Law Say?
In The News: 1) Anti-NRA propaganda film, Ms. Sloan is a box office disaster; 2) The Sandy Hook Promise video – propaganda dressed as a PSA; 3) Anheuser-Busch Brewing Co. has cancelled Bud Light ads by anti-gun Amy Schumer.
The Texas Legislature: 1) Still pre-filing, session begins in January; 2) call and email your State Rep. regarding signing onto HB560.
Your NRA: 1) Support NRA with membership, donations and recruiting friends and family; 2) National reciprocity; 3) Suppressors and the NFA List.
Guns & Gear: What constitutes a “good” holster for your handgun?
Today’s Safety Tip: It’s Christmas season – beware of thieves, muggers & terrorists
Q&A: 1) Can I carry my handgun in church (open or concealed); 2) What gun do you recommend for a small woman with arthritic hands; 3) How should I store my ammunition?

Links to the material discussed are in the show notes on the TFC website.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

The TFC Short Shot: It's Time for National Reciprocity has been released and is (or will be available when their bots search for new material) on Stitcher, iTunes and the http://www.TexasFirearmsCoalition.com website. It is discussed national reciprocity and addresses gun owner concerns. The transcript is also posted here as an article in the Federal forum.

Chas.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

The TFC Short Shot: HB987: Rep. Anchia's Protect the Criminal Bill has been released and is available on Stitcher, iTunes and the http://www.TexasFirearmsCoalition.com website. It is discusses Anchia's bill that will repeal the Texas version of a "Castle Doctrine Bill" that passed as SB378 in 2007. I've also posted the transcript in the 2017 Texas Legislative forum, but it doesn't have the hyperlinks that are in the transcript on the TFC website.

Chas.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Episode #23 of the Texas Firearms Coalition Podcast will be released at 5:00AM, Monday, July 10th. It will be available iTunes, Stitcher and on http://www.TexasFirearmsCoalition.com.

Show Topics:
  • • In The Crosshairs: Did We Get Shut-Out By the Texas Legislature?
    • In the News: 1) The Executive Director of anti-gun Texas Gun Sense resigns; 2) NRA launches Carry Guard self-defense insurance and Carry Guard Training.
    • Guns & Gear: Reloading – What is realistic in terms of production rate?
    • Today’s Safety Tip: Don’t Let a Squib Load Ruin Your Gun or Your Day!
    • Q&A: 1) Is the “Fines for Signs” law being abused; 2) do you think “Constitutional Carry” will ever pass in Texas; 3) I don’t want to carry my handgun in my purse, but holsters put the grip in my ribs. What is the answer; 4) The LTC license fee goes down to $40 on 9/1/17. Can I take the LTC course before that and still get the lower fee?

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Episode #23 of the Texas Firearms Coalition Podcast will be released at 5:00AM, Monday, July 10th. It will be available iTunes, Stitcher and on http://www.TexasFirearmsCoalition.com.

Show Topics:
  • • In The Crosshairs: Did We Get Shut-Out By the Texas Legislature?
    • In the News: 1) The Executive Director of anti-gun Texas Gun Sense resigns; 2) NRA launches Carry Guard self-defense insurance and Carry Guard Training.
    • Guns & Gear: Reloading – What is realistic in terms of production rate?
    • Today’s Safety Tip: Don’t Let a Squib Load Ruin Your Gun or Your Day!
    • Q&A: 1) Is the “Fines for Signs” law being abused; 2) do you think “Constitutional Carry” will ever pass in Texas; 3) I don’t want to carry my handgun in my purse, but holsters put the grip in my ribs. What is the answer; 4) The LTC license fee goes down to $40 on 9/1/17. Can I take the LTC course before that and still get the lower fee?
Episode #23 is now available.

Chas.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Episode #24 of the Texas Firearms Coalition Podcasts has been released. It's available on iTunes, on Stitcher and on the TFC website. Note: Stitcher has an app for android devices as well as the website. Each of the items in the "Cited in This Episode" have links to information or video on the TFC website.

Show Topics:
  • In The Crosshairs: Lessons from the 2017 Texas Legislative Session & Correct to #23
    In The News: Joe Straus gets “no confidence” vote in his home district
    Your NRA: Inaccurate Attack on NRA by Marty Hayes re: NRA Carry Guard
    Women & Guns: Small Guns, Small Caliber v. Effective Self-Defense
    Guns & Gear: Red Dot Sights on Handguns
    Today’s Safety Tip: Tap, Rack, Bang: Only in drills and gunfights.
    Q&A: 1) Is there any difference in self-defense ammo[?]; 2) I saw your upcoming Ham Radio seminar at PSC Shooting Club on July 28th. What’s up with that?
Cited In This Episode
  • Joe Straus gets “no confidence” vote
    Armed Citizens' Legal Defense League“open letter” to the NRA Board of Directors
    Armed Citizens' Legal Defense League What does my membership fee buy me?
    NRA Carry Guard Insurance
    NRA Carry Guard Training
    Leupold Deltapoint Pro red dot/triangle sight
    Tap - Rack - Bang Drill+ (Thunder Ranch)

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Episode #25 of the Texas Firearms Coalition Podcasts has been released. It is on the TFC website and soon will be available on iTunes, on Stitcher. Note: Stitcher has an app for android devices as well as the website. This Episode discusses the structure and operation of the NRA Board of Directors, myths about the NRA Board and TFC endorsements for the 2018 NRA Board Elections.

Show Topics:
  • • Purpose and Operation of the NRA Board of Directors
    • How the Board of Director candidates get on the ballot;
    • Myths about the NRA Board

Return to “Texas Firearms Coalition”