Sold Tippmann Boss sewing machine (Houston)

Items listed for over one month, or that were sold are listed here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 2

Re: wts or wtt Tippmann Boss sewing machine (Houston)

Post by SewTexas »

oh man...... :drool: :drool:
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 1

Post by treadlightly »

Handy things, sewing machines, not just for lace and finery. A couple of years back I used my hand stitch sailmaker's awl to make some custom tiedown straps for my bike. To test the strength of my stitching I made a loop out of a couple of feet of strap and hooked the foot to the lifting fixture on one of those dangerous I-beam truck jacks.

Note to the unwary - if you manage to load a cargo strap to the breaking point, be prepared for an explosive release of energy. Explosive, as in you could lose an arm. Eye protection is a good idea, except if your eyes are where they need protection in such an event, your Mr. Wizard safety glasses may not be much help.

I arranged the jack horizontally and didn't try to break the strap. I just wanted to see if the stitching would give.

Most cargo straps you see in the store are probably stitched with 15 pound test thread. I used 100 pound braided fishing line.

My stitching is ugly but didn't give at all. Made me want to get a sailmaker's or a leather sewing machine, but then I saw the prices. A little out of my budget at the moment.

Machine stitching, by the way, is like a chain of old-timey Christmas lights. If one stitch fails the whole series can pull loose. Something to think about the next time you hit a bump, towing the family hog on a trailer. That dream machine is literally hanging by a thread. A 15 pound test thread.

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SewTexas »

I love stitching lace and fluff, but lately I've wanted to try my hand leather.....I have one machine that can handle two layers, that's it, and they can't be the thick stuff, so no holsters, which I'd love to try. I just can't afford a machine at this time.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

zac78
Posts in topic: 1

Post by zac78 »

Do you still have your tipman boss? And would you take $850

Return to “Closed Items”