Found - SS 9mm Commander

Items listed for over one month, or that were sold are listed here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Boxerrider
Posts in topic: 3

Found - SS 9mm Commander

Post by Boxerrider »

Edited to add; Ordered a Kimber and will post a review in the appropriate forum once we've wrung it out a little.
Thanks, everyone!
------------------------
I'm looking for a Commander-sized 1911 in 9mm. Stainless steel is my first option, hard chrome would probably work. It will spend long periods of time locked in Dear Sweet Wife's car or carried in her purse, and the pistol she has now gets rust faster than I remember to clean it.
In Central Texas but willing to travel for a purchase.

Thanks!
Jeff
Last edited by Boxerrider on Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

txhighlander
Posts in topic: 1

Re: WTB SS 9mm Commander

Post by txhighlander »

Don't discount the Springfield EMP with the 3" barrel, I can say it is a impressive pistol and worth the price.
Truth against the world

flechero
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flechero »

Me of all people hates to steer anyone away from a nice new 1911! However, what does she carry now? Consider sending it to Robar for coating inside and out. Np3, np3 plus or other options are incredible. If she likes her current gun, Robar may be the more practical solution.

https://robarguns.com/custom-firearm-finishes/

If not, my new Dan Wesson pointman carry is a dream shooter. (The pm-c is a cco configuration) available in 9, 38 super or 45 acp.
Last edited by flechero on Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Boxerrider

Post by Boxerrider »

She has a Star BM now. While it has been reliable, and she doesn't shoot enough to wear it out, I would like her to have a higher-quality pistol at hand. I have a Hi Power I thought I might have hard chromed for her, but she doesn't like the width of the double-stack mag. My Combat Commander fits ok except for being a 45 and she prefers the recoil of the 9mm.
We're looking at a new Kimber Pro Carry II in stainless, and will probably go that way if a used gun doesn't show up.

Thanks!
Jeff

cmgee67
Posts in topic: 1

Post by cmgee67 »

Why not a gun like the sig p365 or Glock 43x? Lighter than a 1911 and more capacity. Plus doesn’t have the rust issues. Just a thought

flechero
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flechero »

Boxerrider wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:04 pm She has a Star BM now. While it has been reliable, and she doesn't shoot enough to wear it out, I would like her to have a higher-quality pistol at hand. I have a Hi Power I thought I might have hard chromed for her, but she doesn't like the width of the double-stack mag. My Combat Commander fits ok except for being a 45 and she prefers the recoil of the 9mm.
We're looking at a new Kimber Pro Carry II in stainless, and will probably go that way if a used gun doesn't show up.

Thanks!
Jeff
Shot in the dark here, but have you looked at the shield 2.0 in 4"? Might be your answer.... and for the money saved, you can have the internals done at Robar ( and still have some money left over for a holster or 2.

Topic author
Boxerrider

Post by Boxerrider »

She likes the weight because it tames the recoil. She is willing to try some other guns out, it's fitting in a trip to a rental range that has what she wants to try that is tricky. We're about 2 hours northwest of Austin.

Return to “Closed Items”