Sub2k Sub2000 folding concealed rifle

Know of a good deal? Let your fellow Members know about it.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
NotRPB
Posts in topic: 13

Re: Sub2k Sub2000 folding concealed rifle

Post by NotRPB »

rotor wrote:I have one and love it too but I didn't know they have a gen 3 model.
I have a Gen 2 ... and fingers that hit wrong keys .. :tiphat: I corrected my prior post, thanks :cheers2:

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Excaliber »

I picked up the .40 S&W version that uses M&P mags from Gunbroker for $297.

I found the tube stock uncomfortable against my cheek during recoil and added a foam pad duct taped to it - perfection!
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

1911 10MM

Post by 1911 10MM »

NotRPB wrote:I think I paid aboput $550 for my Glock 19 style Gen 2 Sub2000 last year, and It's been in MANY St Davids Hospitals, Clinics, Austin area Cancer Centers and Seton Hospitals which were all posted 30.07 and 30.06 (so I left the Glock handgun in the car) this last year while I was caretaker for my uncle.
Made a trip to Lubbock (For the funeral) with the sub2k, between Nov 29th and Dec 8th too, in a 16.1" laptop bag along with spare mags, 2 Laptops. 1 tablet 3 phones and chargers, two Kimber Pepper sprayers, 2 folding knives, and 3 dog pepper sprays the Post office uses.. all in the 16" laptop case.

I just put the 32 round Glock mag in the Sub2000 and have a couple spare Glock 17 mags with +3 PierceGrip baseplates for extra 20 rounds each in the laptop case if that runs dry.

Obviously I have to leave my Glock 26 - 10 round handgun in the car I usually carry everywhere ... because ... signs ... it's the law you know, and I obey. I carry more ammo into the OSTENSIBLY "Gun-Free" areas which post 30.07+30.06 to keep ONLY licensees handguns out because "soft target" areas attract lunatic mass shooters/robbers and other criminals, so I carry extra ammo in those locations.

(Edited to correct typo, Mine is Gen 2 not Gen 3)
Most places that have 30.06 and 30.07 also have a no firearms or gunbuster sign. I don't believe you can carry past those as they have effectively forbidden all firearms.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

And the gen differences are...?

Topic author
NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

1911 10MM wrote:
NotRPB wrote:I think I paid aboput $550 for my Glock 19 style Gen 2 Sub2000 last year, and It's been in MANY St Davids Hospitals, Clinics, Austin area Cancer Centers and Seton Hospitals which were all posted 30.07 and 30.06 (so I left the Glock handgun in the car) this last year while I was caretaker for my uncle.
Made a trip to Lubbock (For the funeral) with the sub2k, between Nov 29th and Dec 8th too, in a 16.1" laptop bag along with spare mags, 2 Laptops. 1 tablet 3 phones and chargers, two Kimber Pepper sprayers, 2 folding knives, and 3 dog pepper sprays the Post office uses.. all in the 16" laptop case.

I just put the 32 round Glock mag in the Sub2000 and have a couple spare Glock 17 mags with +3 PierceGrip baseplates for extra 20 rounds each in the laptop case if that runs dry.

Obviously I have to leave my Glock 26 - 10 round handgun in the car I usually carry everywhere ... because ... signs ... it's the law you know, and I obey. I carry more ammo into the OSTENSIBLY "Gun-Free" areas which post 30.07+30.06 to keep ONLY licensees handguns out because "soft target" areas attract lunatic mass shooters/robbers and other criminals, so I carry extra ammo in those locations.

Most places that have 30.06 and 30.07 also have a no firearms or gunbuster sign. I don't believe you can carry past those as they have effectively forbidden all firearms.
The places I mentioned had no noticeable gunbuster signs, which have no force of law, and I didn't even see any applicable HEALTH AND SAFETY CODE sign, nor any 30.05 Penal Code signs, nor Sec. 46 Penal Code signs, but did have tobacco products prohibited and no smoking signs, I quit smoking on Thanksgiving 2011, so I'm good.

Topic author
NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

Abraham wrote:And the gen differences are...?

Comparison Reviews

What is the difference in the Keltec 2000 gen one versus gen two
http://www.thektog.org/forum/f85/what-d ... wo-264276/

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 25

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Rex B wrote:I'm in Keller. Where did you buy yours?
Euless Guns & Ammo, on highway 10, just west of 157, on the north side of the street.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

1911 10MM

Post by 1911 10MM »

NotRPB wrote:
1911 10MM wrote:

The places I mentioned had no noticeable gunbuster signs, which have no force of law, and I didn't even see any applicable HEALTH AND SAFETY CODE sign, nor any 30.05 Penal Code signs, nor Sec. 46 Penal Code signs, but did have tobacco products prohibited and no smoking signs, I quit smoking on Thanksgiving 2011, so I'm good.
I believe gunbuster signs do have force of law where rifles are concerned.

rotor
Posts in topic: 11

Post by rotor »

1911 10MM wrote:
NotRPB wrote:
1911 10MM wrote:

Every gunbuster sign I see is a handgun with a line through it. Does not mean anything. Now if they say no firearms that is a different story as far as a rifle.
This means nothing

This keeps rifles out

The Annoyed Man

Oh boy, you guys......I took mine to Elm Fork for its baptism of fire today, and I had about as much fun as I've had with pants on in a real long time! The Sub-2000 in 9mm is an absolute hoot to shoot. I haven't done anything yet to customize mine, and I shot it with the provided iron sights rather than an optic, at a range of 25 yards. Ammo was WWB 115 grain FMJ.

My only "complaint" would be that, as delivered, the sights put the point of impact approximately 2"-3" left of center, and it required a fair amount of turns on the windage screw to shift the point of impact enough horizontally to the right to center the groups. I'm not too worried about that, as it now shoots fine for what it is, and I have a Primary Arms Advanced Micro Dot sight and a Midwest Industries MI Gen2 SUB 2000 T1/T2 Optic Mount on order, and that will be my primary means of aiming this gun. Sights aside, the Sub-2000 is certainly a "minute of man" gun, perhaps as far as 100 yards........ if you can get your target to hold still for you. :mrgreen: But certainly it is very usable out to 50-75 yards.

Other than that, it ran like a champ. I shot 100 rounds without a single malfunction. I am REALLY happy with this little gun.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

Jusme
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Jusme »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Oh boy, you guys......I took mine to Elm Fork for its baptism of fire today, and I had about as much fun as I've had with pants on in a real long time! The Sub-2000 in 9mm is an absolute hoot to shoot. I haven't done anything yet to customize mine, and I shot it with the provided iron sights rather than an optic, at a range of 25 yards. Ammo was WWB 115 grain FMJ.

My only "complaint" would be that, as delivered, the sights put the point of impact approximately 2"-3" left of center, and it required a fair amount of turns on the windage screw to shift the point of impact enough horizontally to the right to center the groups. I'm not too worried about that, as it now shoots fine for what it is, and I have a Primary Arms Advanced Micro Dot sight and a Midwest Industries MI Gen2 SUB 2000 T1/T2 Optic Mount on order, and that will be my primary means of aiming this gun. Sights aside, the Sub-2000 is certainly a "minute of man" gun, perhaps as far as 100 yards........ if you can get your target to hold still for you. :mrgreen: But certainly it is very usable out to 50-75 yards.

Other than that, it ran like a champ. I shot 100 rounds without a single malfunction. I am REALLY happy with this little gun.

Sounds like fun, I'm interested in finding one that accepts the M&P mags. It may have to wait a,while until my disposable income recovers from Christmas. Maybe by then the prices will be a little lower.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

1911 10MM

Post by 1911 10MM »

rotor wrote:
1911 10MM wrote:
NotRPB wrote:
1911 10MM wrote:

Every gunbuster sign I see is a handgun with a line through it. Does not mean anything. Now if they say no firearms that is a different story as far as a rifle.
This means nothing

This keeps rifles out
I disagree. Both basically say no guns. If you want to interpret it to just mean handguns that is fine, I am sure your lawyer will gladly accept your payment to defend you when you take the ride. Bottom line is regardless of what is pictured both mean no firearms at all. This is just my .02

The Annoyed Man

1911 10MM wrote:
rotor wrote:
1911 10MM wrote:
NotRPB wrote:
1911 10MM wrote:

This means nothing

This keeps rifles out
I disagree. Both basically say no guns. If you want to interpret it to just mean handguns that is fine, I am sure your lawyer will gladly accept your payment to defend you when you take the ride. Bottom line is regardless of what is pictured both mean no firearms at all. This is just my .02
The first sign means "No Berettas", and the second sign means no Mark III Ruger .22s. :mrgreen:

I'm not challenging you, but I'd like to know where in the law a provision exists to lawfully ban guns with a gun buster sign. Again, not challenging....I actually would like to know......AND, I'd like to know if cops, once again, get an exception to the property-owner's desires. I ask, because there ARE laws like 30.05, TABC signage laws, and of course 30.06/07. But each of those kinds of signs require specific language, etc., to be compliant with the law. I want to know where in the law that generic gun-buster type signage is provided for.

#TINVOWOOT

rotor
Posts in topic: 11

Post by rotor »

1911 10MM wrote:
How do you know a handgun with a line through it means no trespassing with a rifle? The trespass laws are pretty specific and I haven't seen picture 1 as above to mean no rifles allowed. Picture 2 says no firearms allowed and I would consider that valid.

Topic author
NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

Getting a bit off topic here ...
I expect now we'll get into definition of what is a firearm? Black Powder ones etc?

Besides, my CONCEALED long gun (For which no ride will be taken since concealed) were all made before 06:29 PM using 12-hour clock notation, 18:29 using 24-hour clock notation. (So I could contend they aren't "FIREARMS" anyway

Sec. 46.01. DEFINITIONS. In this chapter:
3) "Firearm" means any device designed, made, or adapted to expel a projectile through a barrel by using the energy generated by an explosion or burning substance or any device readily convertible to that use. Firearm does not include a firearm that may have, as an integral part, a folding knife blade or other characteristics of weapons made illegal by this chapter and that is:

(A) an antique or curio firearm manufactured before 1899;

18:29 must come before before 18:99 ... So ... :lol:: "rlol" :biggrinjester:
06:29 PM using 12-hour clock notation, 18:29 using 24-hour clock notation. :smilelol5:

30.06 signs pertain to licensees with concealed handguns
30.07 pertains to licensees with open carried handguns

30.05 signs pertains to 30.05,
30.05 signs pertaining to rifles are exceedingly rare.

30.05 signs addressing switchblades/Kimber Pepper Blasters, Tasers, are almost non-existent

Not every No Shoes No Shirt No Service sign is addressing those matters under Penal Code Trespassing Section 30.05, >> that's the establishment's wish for you to return to your car and get dressed so they don't get in trouble with Health Dept, but no intent to arrest customers is there, AND no "Trespass warning" has been issued ./.. but sure a Trespass warning could be issued (if you fail to comply and put on shirt and shoes) ...then if after you get that warning you don't either leave or comply, yeah, you could be arrested if you're still there and didn't comply with when Police finally arrive.

If they didn't prohibit my thing they know nothing about, first they need to discover what's concealed, then issue a trespass warning, then I'd need to refuse to comply ...

No Shirt No Shoes No Service sign :

Sec. 30.05. CRIMINAL TRESPASS. (a) A person commits an offense if the person enters or remains on or in property of another, including residential land, agricultural land, a recreational vehicle park, a building, or an aircraft or other vehicle, without effective consent and the person:
(1) had notice that the entry was forbidden; or
(2) received notice to depart but failed to do so.

30.05 signs addressing solid hickory canes used in cane fighting might get a place sued under Americans with Disabilities act ..

That's where the sub2000 is handy to have.... and a Hickory Heartwood walking cane ... and .... Kimber Pepper Blaster, and ... rubber bands, Paper clips and water balloons ...

See Also: (Further opinions on Penal Code might be more appropriately posted here, where it was discussed previously) >> http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic. ... 5#p1073647

Back on Topic now?
I carry what I carry where legal. If something is disallowed by law, I carry something which is legal.

Purpose of Original Post is to share with y'all a GOOD PRICE, about $200 less than I paid for one on KelTec sub2000 sub2k if you want one ...

Return to “Commercial Vendor Bargains and Deal”