Sub2k Sub2000 folding concealed rifle

Know of a good deal? Let your fellow Members know about it.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

DanD
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Sub2k Sub2000 folding concealed rifle

Post by DanD »

TAM, you make some good points about the MI optic and QD mounts. I look forward to a range report about your experience with the MI optic mount. I agree the QD mount does not have a good return to zero but hopefully it will hold zero good enough for targets out to 50 yards. I still need to go to the range and test removing and remounting my red dot to see how bad it will be.

My first trip to the range to sight in the Sub-2000 was frustrating because the POI kept moving around with respect to the sights. On my second trip to the range I discovered the screw on the front sight being loose. Once I tightened up that screw it was easy to sight in and the POI and sight alignment held.

The Sub-2000 shoots very well and is accurate. I now have over 500 rounds through my rifle without a signal malfunction. I'm very happy with it.
Given a 50/50 chance, you will pick wrong 80% of the time. NRA Life Member, IDPA

Topic author
NotRPB
Posts in topic: 13

Post by NotRPB »

After reading a review:
http://lurkingrhythmically.blogspot.com ... -2000.html
I'm Ordering myself a New Years present
Sub2000 Operating Handle
http://twisted.industries/product/sub20 ... ng-handle/
Style:

Slim+Stainless+Double+Finger

$29.99

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 25

Post by The Annoyed Man »

NotRPB wrote:After reading a review:
http://lurkingrhythmically.blogspot.com ... -2000.html
I'm Ordering myself a New Years present
Sub2000 Operating Handle
http://twisted.industries/product/sub20 ... ng-handle/
Style:

Slim+Stainless+Double+Finger

$29.99
Hmmmm....... that double finger charging handle is intriguing. I'll have to think about that one. Thanks for the suggestion.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man

I found this: http://www.performanceservicesmachining ... ear-sight/.
  • Larger .170″ sight aperture as compared to the .125″ original sight aperture.
  • The first and best lever actuated rear sight for Kel Tec Sub 2000.
  • Compatible with both the Generation 1 and Generation 2 models.
  • Simple drop in installation. Instructions included.
  • A longer pivot screw for use with a Kel Tec factory sling attachment is included.
Replace the plastic rear sight and aluminum pivot shaft on your Kel Tec Sub 2000 with a precision machined hard anodized aircraft grade aluminum combat peep sight / lever and stainless steel pivot shaft. The larger aperture size speeds target acquisition for close quarters, moving target, and low light shooting. The first and best lever actuated rear sight available as discussed on KTOG (Kel Tec Owners Group Forum). This sight will work in both the Generation 1 and Generation 2 models. This sight will raise automatically when the rifle is unfolded, but can then be lowered and raised again easily.
I am DEFINITELY going to buy this item. The OEM rear sight is way too small for my eyes.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

rotor
Posts in topic: 11

Post by rotor »

FYI, the Glock 33 round mag is on sale at Midway for $29.99 at the present time.

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

The Annoyed Man wrote:I found this: http://www.performanceservicesmachining ... ear-sight/.
  • A longer pivot screw for use with a Kel Tec factory sling attachment is included.
Replace the plastic rear sight and aluminum pivot shaft on your Kel Tec Sub 2000 with a precision machined hard anodized aircraft grade aluminum combat peep sight / lever and stainless steel pivot shaft. The larger aperture size speeds target acquisition for close quarters, moving target, and low light shooting. The first and best lever actuated rear sight available as discussed on KTOG (Kel Tec Owners Group Forum). This sight will work in both the Generation 1 and Generation 2 models. This sight will raise automatically when the rifle is unfolded, but can then be lowered and raised again easily.
I am DEFINITELY going to buy this item. The OEM rear sight is way too small for my eyes.
They also have a replacement trigger.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Topic author
NotRPB
Posts in topic: 13

Post by NotRPB »

rotor wrote:FYI, the Glock 33 round mag is on sale at Midway for $29.99 at the present time.
I only have about 5 or 6 of them, unless the Government bans them like some States do that have logic impairments, and is at my door asking, in which case they all fell out of my boat ... (boat was in the back yard at the time, but I don't want to give out too much Information TMI )

The Annoyed Man

NotRPB wrote:
rotor wrote:FYI, the Glock 33 round mag is on sale at Midway for $29.99 at the present time.
I only have about 5 or 6 of them, unless the Government bans them like some States do that have logic impairments, and is at my door asking, in which case they all fell out of my boat ... (boat was in the back yard at the time, but I don't want to give out too much Information TMI )
I got mine at Natchez Shooting Supply - same price as at Midway. I have 6 or 7 of them too.

#TINVOWOOT

maverick2076

Post by maverick2076 »

I am a big fan of the ETS Glock mags as well. I bought 6 of them for use with my AR-9 and they are great so far.

The Annoyed Man

I've been meaning to give those ETS Glock mags a look anyway.

#TINVOWOOT

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 12

Post by bblhd672 »

Excaliber wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:I found this: http://www.performanceservicesmachining ... ear-sight/.
They also have a replacement trigger.
The "Handguard Stabilizer/Side Optic and Laser Mount" looks interesting too. http://www.performanceservicesmachining ... ser-mount/

What would the impact be on accuracy having a red dot sight mounted on the side rather than on the top? Obviously you'd have to turn the weapon to see through the red dot. Just curious if this is a viable alternative to the red dot mount that swivels out of the way from Midwest Industries?
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

The Annoyed Man

bblhd672 wrote:What would the impact be on accuracy having a red dot sight mounted on the side rather than on the top? Obviously you'd have to turn the weapon to see through the red dot. Just curious if this is a viable alternative to the red dot mount that swivels out of the way from Midwest Industries?
I'd think it would be a bit awkard, but as long as the POI matched POA, it would be as accurate as that particular firearm/optic/mount combination is capable of. But I would be concerned about how it would affect ammo feeding, rather than the accuracy. You have to tilt the gun to one side or the other to operate it if the optic is oriented to the side of the forend rather than the top. Tilted to the left, with the ejection port up, it might not matter, I don't know. It might still feed OK if the new cartridge is being supported by the left side of the receiver. But tilted to the right like a lefty would do (I'm left-handed), with the ejection port facing downward, I don't have confidence that it would feed without jamming.

You have to actually see and handle the MI optic mount. It is as stable as mounting to a polymer forearm will allow it to be. If you attach a metal section of rail to the side of the polymer forend, the optic is still ultimately attached to a polymer forend, and whatever flex is inherent in the polymer forend is still going to affect your accuracy. The only way around it is to swap out the polymer forend for a metal one. There is such an item available for $149, plus the cost of the rail sections for it, if you need a rail to mount your optic. The problem with this unit is that adding a rail to the top prevents the carbine from being fully folded. So you'd still ultimately need something side-mounted, or at a 45º angle. I may someday buy one of those forends, but I don't think it will change how I use the gun right now, and I think that swapping out the rear sight for the larger diameter aperture sight would be a more significant upgrade than changing the forend would be.

The MI mount doesn't need a rail, it only needs an M-Lock section to mount to. It also doesn't seem to move on its swivel when deployed. The design, being a V-block, acts against that happening. You can make it swivel with your hand, but it wants to remain centered.

But even with a metal forend added, I'd still go with the side-mounted MI optic mount, because it is the one solution I've seen which allows the optic to remain mounted, while the carbine is fully-folded, without adding any bulk or significant width to the folded gun, while still having the optic vertical to the barrel when deployed.

I think in the end, as much fun as the sub2k seems to be, and as useful as it might be in a tactical situation, it still is what it is, and by nature includes a number of compromises.

#TINVOWOOT

maverick2076

Post by maverick2076 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:I've been meaning to give those ETS Glock mags a look anyway.
They are great mags for the money. I bought the 21 round mags, although I only load them to 20, because I like round numbers. I find them to be much handier than the 33 round mags, and they are a lot easier to carry in a mag holder on your belt/kit. I use them for my AR-9 because it stays suppressed and I run specific ammo (147gr) in it. This lets me keep that ammo segregated while running lighter, cheaper ammo in my other non-suppressed 9mm's at the range.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

The Annoyed Man wrote: You have to actually see and handle the MI optic mount. It is as stable as mounting to a polymer forearm will allow it to be. If you attach a metal section of rail to the side of the polymer forend, the optic is still ultimately attached to a polymer forend, and whatever flex is inherent in the polymer forend is still going to affect your accuracy.
Seems that company recognizes the issue with the polymer forearm and has this stabilizer available:
http://www.performanceservicesmachining ... tabilizer/

I agree the Sub2K is a fun firearm. Whenever I take it out to the range someone usually comments about liking it.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

More aftermarket Sub2000 Accessories:
https://www.tandemkross.com/KelTec-Sub2000_c_21.html

Return to “Commercial Vendor Bargains and Deal”