TRUGLO rebates

Know of a good deal? Let your fellow Members know about it.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

strogg
Posts in topic: 3

Re: TRUGLO rebates

Post by strogg »

mloamiller wrote:I ordered a set of the TFX PROs for my SR9C. It's funny, I never really noticed how small the dots are on the stock rear-sight until now. The sights on my wife's Shield are significantly larger. Can't wait to get the new ones installed next week.

I called the gunsmith I plan to have install them and asked how they did their installations. He said they use a brass punch and a hammer. Would using that technique with these sights concern anyone? I trust the gunsmith, but thought he would us a sight press, and was a little surprised he doesn't.
nothing wrong with using a brass punch. When I had the regular TFXs installed on my FNS9-C, the shop did a terrible job. both sights were clearly way off center. I took a punch, wrapped it, and banged at the sights until they were both perfectly centered measuring with calipers. I wiped the impact marks off, and you couldn't even tell I the sights weren't stock.

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by TVGuy »

mloamiller wrote:I ordered a set of the TFX PROs for my SR9C. It's funny, I never really noticed how small the dots are on the stock rear-sight until now. The sights on my wife's Shield are significantly larger. Can't wait to get the new ones installed next week.

I called the gunsmith I plan to have install them and asked how they did their installations. He said they use a brass punch and a hammer. Would using that technique with these sights concern anyone? I trust the gunsmith, but thought he would us a sight press, and was a little surprised he doesn't.
I'd take it to someone that uses a sight pusher. I install my own by tapping in/out with a wooden dowel to not mar the sights, but I hold myself accountable if there were an issue.

The packaging says the warranty is void unless installed with a sight pusher. not sure how they would know if it wasn't marked up though.

mloamiller
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mloamiller »

I found another local gunsmith that some friends of mine have used and are happy with, and he said he'll use a sight pusher. It's the same price, so I'll take it to him instead. I agree that I don't know how anyone could tell how they were installed, but why take the chance if there isn't a compelling reason to do so.

They just came in today; should have them on tomorrow.
LTC/SSC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TreyHouston »

E.Marquez wrote:
strogg wrote: The Trijicons are way too fragile.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ahh, ok
sights Not broken.jpg
That gun with Trijicon sights hit the asphalt at 77 MPH hard enough to do the damage you see in the pic, fracture 4 of my ribs and destroy my bike...
Not only did the Trijicon sights not break, they were completely undamaged nor did they move.
We beat Trijicon sights in the Army as well, and rarely had one damaged....other then slamming the weapon in a hatch, running over it with a tank, dropping it from a Helo at altitude....and come to think of it, the sights did not break on that one, though the barrel was bent and the stock busted.
So I'll have to disagree with your opinion on Trijicon sights being fragile...
That said, I have TRUGLO sights on more then one firearm, I do like them a lot....just differently than Trijicon sights
I LIKE THIS GUY! :thumbs2:
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Return to “Commercial Vendor Bargains and Deal”