TRUGLO rebates

Know of a good deal? Let your fellow Members know about it.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 3

TRUGLO rebates

Post by bblhd672 »

Last edited by bblhd672 on Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TRUGLO rebates

Post by Beiruty »

Good deal..
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

mloamiller

Post by mloamiller »

I was just thinking about getting some new sites for my SR9C. The TFX Pro and TFX would be the only options for that gun, both around $180 (before rebate). Does anyone currently have these, and if so, any thoughts/recommendations?
LTC/SSC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO

strogg

Post by strogg »

Awesome. I've been looking to get a set of of Pros for my 1911.

For those wondering, These are the best sights I've ever seen on any handgun. The Trijicons are way too fragile. I know, I've had to RMA a pair before, and apparently it's not an isolated incident. Meprolights are a bit on the cheap side (soft metal). I bought a pair of TFX Pros for my XD and a regular TFX for my FNS. They are both very well made, hard metal but not too brittle like the Trijicons. The fiber optics are sealed in sapphire crystal, so they are very chemical and shock resistant. Despite the blur that the encasing may have caused, the glow is still plenty bright in the daytime. And in the dark, they are still quite visible. The difference between the Pro and regular is minimal. I only see two differences. 1: the front sight has a white ring on the regular instead of the orange on the pro. I prefer the orange. Also, the rear sights have an angled cutout on the Pros that allow me to use my belt to rack the gun if need be. Let's be honest for a second. It's super tacticool and will never be utilized, but in the .000001% chance that I would actually need to use it, I like how it's there. So for the extra $20 for the Pros, I'd say it's worth it.

maverick2076

Post by maverick2076 »

I have the TFX Pro's on my P01. I like them, although I honestly prefer my regular TFO's on my Glocks. With the TFO's, I have a yellow rear/green front and I like that discrimination better than green front and rear with the orange circle on the front sight.

Topic author
bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

mloamiller wrote:I was just thinking about getting some new sites for my SR9C. The TFX Pro and TFX would be the only options for that gun, both around $180 (before rebate). Does anyone currently have these, and if so, any thoughts/recommendations?
I have TFX on my PC Shield, was already installed on it when I bought it. Great sights.

I have TFX Pro on my M&P 2.0 Full 5" that I put on it. Great sights as well. Front sight has contrasting ring for faster focus.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by TVGuy »

Where do you get the official rebate form? I looked on their site and didn't see it.

(Just picked up a new G17 Gen 4 that I need to add sights to. Got it for a steal at Grabagun if anyone needs anything - $484 - Haven't seen anything that low in a while)

TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

TVGuy wrote:Where do you get the official rebate form? I looked on their site and didn't see it.

(Just picked up a new G17 Gen 4 that I need to add sights to. Got it for a steal at Grabagun if anyone needs anything - $484 - Haven't seen anything that low in a while)
Never mind...I finally found it on their site. Sorry.

E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 2

Post by E.Marquez »

strogg wrote: The Trijicons are way too fragile.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ahh, ok
sights Not broken.jpg
That gun with Trijicon sights hit the asphalt at 77 MPH hard enough to do the damage you see in the pic, fracture 4 of my ribs and destroy my bike...
Not only did the Trijicon sights not break, they were completely undamaged nor did they move.
We beat Trijicon sights in the Army as well, and rarely had one damaged....other then slamming the weapon in a hatch, running over it with a tank, dropping it from a Helo at altitude....and come to think of it, the sights did not break on that one, though the barrel was bent and the stock busted.
So I'll have to disagree with your opinion on Trijicon sights being fragile...
That said, I have TRUGLO sights on more then one firearm, I do like them a lot....just differently than Trijicon sights
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

strogg

Post by strogg »

E.Marquez wrote:
strogg wrote: The Trijicons are way too fragile.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ahh, ok
sights Not broken.jpg
That gun with Trijicon sights hit the asphalt at 77 MPH hard enough to do the damage you see in the pic, fracture 4 of my ribs and destroy my bike...
Not only did the Trijicon sights not break, they were completely undamaged nor did they move.
We beat Trijicon sights in the Army as well, and rarely had one damaged....other then slamming the weapon in a hatch, running over it with a tank, dropping it from a Helo at altitude....and come to think of it, the sights did not break on that one, though the barrel was bent and the stock busted.
So I'll have to disagree with your opinion on Trijicon sights being fragile...
That said, I have TRUGLO sights on more then one firearm, I do like them a lot....just differently than Trijicon sights
Maybe I got a really horrible lemon. I was at the range when the white ring just popped off the front sight while I was shooting. No worries, Trijicon support is pretty awesome and said, "Send it in!" So I brought the gun to my trusted gunsmith to drift the front sight off. Well, it came off all right. In two pieces. Trijicon was still nice enough to honor the warranty after that, but I didn't want to give them another chance after that incident, so I bought the TFX Pros and sold the Trijicons upon return from RMA.

E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 2

Post by E.Marquez »

strogg wrote: Maybe I got a really horrible lemon.
Or damaged on install, or , or or....
Things break...
Glad they took care of you, and that your happy with the TRUGLO sights.
I guess Id say, in the future if you have want for a self illuminating sight, don't rule out the Trijicon as failure is not common...though they do lose their glow after some years go by.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

E.Marquez wrote:
strogg wrote: Maybe I got a really horrible lemon.
though they do lose their glow after some years go by.
True for all tritium sights though.

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

TVGuy wrote:Where do you get the official rebate form? I looked on their site and didn't see it.
For the benefit of those who are slow like me:

To get to the rebate form, while in the http://www.truglo.com website, click on "Support" on the top menu bar, and select "Current Rebates" from the dropdown menu, and it will bring you to a page with rebate form links at the bottom.

I had previously tried using their "Search Our Site" box with the word 'rebate' and it did NOT bring up relevant results.....
Last edited by JustSomeOldGuy on Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Topic author
bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

TVGuy wrote:

Never mind...I finally found it on their site. Sorry.
Sorry, my bad, I didn't include a link to the site in original post. Corrected.

mloamiller

Post by mloamiller »

I ordered a set of the TFX PROs for my SR9C. It's funny, I never really noticed how small the dots are on the stock rear-sight until now. The sights on my wife's Shield are significantly larger. Can't wait to get the new ones installed next week.

I called the gunsmith I plan to have install them and asked how they did their installations. He said they use a brass punch and a hammer. Would using that technique with these sights concern anyone? I trust the gunsmith, but thought he would us a sight press, and was a little surprised he doesn't.
LTC/SSC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO

Return to “Commercial Vendor Bargains and Deal”