EXPIRED - Cabela's - Vortex Diamonback 4-12x40 AO $99 + 40 cabelas bucks

Know of a good deal? Let your fellow Members know about it.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
loktite
Posts in topic: 3

EXPIRED - Cabela's - Vortex Diamonback 4-12x40 AO $99 + 40 cabelas bucks

Post by loktite »

Cabela's has the 4-12x40 AO Dead-hold reticle on sale for $99.88. (these are NOT the diamondback HP) , AND you get $40 Cabela's bucks for the purchase. (I snagged a 4-16 HP with v-plex earlier in year for like $172 after discount and using discounted gift cards).

http://www.cabelas.com/product/vortex-1 ... 753522.uts

backed by Vortex VIP lifetime warranty.

EDIT : Expired / Price changed. now shows $199.99
Last edited by loktite on Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Endowment Member

uthornsfan
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Cabela's - Vortex Diamonback 4-12x40 AO $99 + 40 cabelas bucks

Post by uthornsfan »

Not onsale on my screen.

Error, bad link? Or did you mean 199.88?

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

I see $199 as well
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:I see $199 as well
I'm sure the 4-12X40 AO Scope is sold out. It was the only one that was $99.99. I ordered this morning and they only had a few left. The lady said it was a good thing I called when I did.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
loktite

Re: EXPIRED - Cabela's - Vortex Diamonback 4-12x40 AO $99 + 40 cabelas bucks

Post by loktite »

Post updated to indicate price change, please close as no longer a deal.
NRA Endowment Member

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

I’m in the market for a quality scope for a “long range” AR I built. I’d spend +/- $250. My eyes aren’t good enough to really notice the difference in clarity for most optics, but it is imperative to hold a zero. Would this scope meet those requirements? It will be resting in a Warne 1 piece mount that is properly torqued and lapped.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

I ordered one of the Vortex 4-12X40 AO DH BDC Scopes As soon as I saw the post. Ordered it by phone and was assured it was in stock. Now Cabela's informs me my order is cancelled. I spoke with an upper level customer service rep who basically said too bad so sad. We can't keep up with inventory. I looked at their web page a couple of hours later and they still showed in stock. The only way I knew it was cancelle was when I was tracking an order for some ammunition I placed two days prior. The Scope order had another item I needed and it and the price were the only items in my history for October 31. I am disappointed in Cabela's. She offered to let me order a different scope. Ha. In Texas we call that bait and switch. I loose the scope and the $40 Cabela's bucks. I won't need them as I'm done with Cabela's. I was supposed to get free shipping as well and she said she'll check that for me.

Topic author
loktite

Post by loktite »

Yeah mine was cancelled as well. IMO this was a pricing error by whomever was entering sales prices (either left off a digit, or should have been for a crossfire model?) Still, if we placed the order, there should be SOME type of goodwill compensation for the consumer since it was their screw up. I'm not pleased either, but not entirely surprised.
NRA Endowment Member

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I ordered mine right after seeing this post. Got an order confirmation same day, and a shipment notice yesterday with a tracking number saying it is supposed to be delivered on Monday. Hopefully it actually gets here.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:I ordered mine right after seeing this post. Got an order confirmation same day, and a shipment notice yesterday with a tracking number saying it is supposed to be delivered on Monday. Hopefully it actually gets here.
I got an order verification verbally and immediately afterward the email verification. Got a shipping tracing number in another email. The only way I knew it was cancelled was when I was checking my order history for some ammo I had ordered two day prior. The amount on scope order had changed to reflect just the price of a box of ammo I ordered with the scope. While I was on the phone with Cabela's about 10 am I still had no notice it was cancelled, then Wah! Lah! the cancellation email appeared while I wsas talking to the "upper level customer service" rep. As I stated in my first post she offered to sell me the 4-12X40 w/o the AO for $199.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

puma guy wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:I ordered mine right after seeing this post. Got an order confirmation same day, and a shipment notice yesterday with a tracking number saying it is supposed to be delivered on Monday. Hopefully it actually gets here.
I got an order verification verbally and immediately afterward the email verification. Got a shipping tracing number in another email. The only way I knew it was cancelled was when I was checking my order history for some ammo I had ordered two day prior. The amount on scope order had changed to reflect just the price of a box of ammo I ordered with the scope. While I was on the phone with Cabela's about 10 am I still had no notice it was cancelled, then Wah! Lah! the cancellation email appeared while I wsas talking to the "upper level customer service" rep. As I stated in my first post she offered to sell me the 4-12X40 w/o the AO for $199.
I received mine a few days ago. Looks like I got lucky.

As an aside, for some reason they decided to ship it in a huge box that was about 4 feet long by 2 feet square. I thought it must be something else, but was confused since the scope is the only thing that I had coming from Cabelas.

Return to “Commercial Vendor Bargains and Deal”