OC v CHL

This sub-forum will open for posting on Sept. 1, 2012.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
baseballguy2001
Posts in topic: 6

Re: OC v CHL

Post by baseballguy2001 »

So, as I take my first renewal class, my next renewal five years from now may be a bit shorter, or even eliminated. Fine. Maybe in those years, and two more legislative sessions, the citizens of this great state will remove the barriers to advancements to our rights. In the twenty years since Texans were "allowed" to carry concealed firearms, the statistics speak for themselves. There are no shoot outs on the streets, no rivers of blood, the percentage of CHL's losing their licenses for infractions of the law are so small, that alone should guarantee an open or campus carry law. Instead, the ruling class, or rather a few members of that class, have decided there is no reason to act. I have personally written and placed phone calls to all my reps, they all say "we are against an infringement of our second amendment rights". Great. And then what are you prepared to do? We were fooled. Again. Somebody please, point to where I'm wrong.
7.30.08 -- Plastic in hand (99 days)
04.01.18--2nd Renewal
05.05.18-- Plastic

C-dub
Posts in topic: 9

Post by C-dub »

I don't know. Will renewals be even shorter? They already are only about half the full class at about 4-5 hours.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

tacticool
Posts in topic: 1

Post by tacticool »

Pelosi is probably cackling in her lair at the infighting and how we'll get crumbs because we weren't willing to ask for the whole cake like she and her crones do.
When in doubt
Vote them out!

srothstein
Posts in topic: 2

Post by srothstein »

One thing we did that was important this session is to prevent loss. It might be seen as a slight gain, or more likely revealing how much we have gained over the years, but there was no major attempt to reduce our gun rights this session.

Yes, there were some attempts, but I don't think anyone took them seriously. Well TSRA took them seriously enough to fight them and make sure they were not real problems, but you know what I mean.

Look at the fight in the US Senate. I was surprised at the outcome there because I expected to see that become a major House fight also. At least we did not have problems like that in our legislature, which is a gain in and of itself.

And yes, I am looking for the silver lining of an otherwise dismal (so far) session.
Steve Rothstein

JKTex

Post by JKTex »

tacticool wrote:Pelosi is probably cackling in her lair at the infighting and how we'll get crumbs because we weren't willing to ask for the whole cake like she and her crones do.
Pelosi has nothing to do with Texas legislation. :cool:

Topic author
baseballguy2001
Posts in topic: 6

Post by baseballguy2001 »

I was in renewal class Saturday afternoon so I missed the Gun Bill Saturday. I did pass the written and shooting portions, the paperwork is on it's way to Austin. My instructor did mention some possible changes in the law this session, but as we all know, open carry is dead. I would say Campus Carry is on serious life support, the only likely change is the Campus Parking Lot bill. Maybe a licensed open carry bill in 2017?
7.30.08 -- Plastic in hand (99 days)
04.01.18--2nd Renewal
05.05.18-- Plastic

CJD
Posts in topic: 3

Post by CJD »

baseballguy2001 wrote:I was in renewal class Saturday afternoon so I missed the Gun Bill Saturday. I did pass the written and shooting portions, the paperwork is on it's way to Austin. My instructor did mention some possible changes in the law this session, but as we all know, open carry is dead. I would say Campus Carry is on serious life support, the only likely change is the Campus Parking Lot bill. Maybe a licensed open carry bill in 2017?
A watered down campus carry passed the house.

AEA

Post by AEA »

C-dub wrote:I don't know. Will renewals be even shorter? They already are only about half the full class at about 4-5 hours.
What happened to the bill to eliminate the class and qual for renewals?
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

CJD
Posts in topic: 3

Post by CJD »

AEA wrote:
C-dub wrote:I don't know. Will renewals be even shorter? They already are only about half the full class at about 4-5 hours.
What happened to the bill to eliminate the class and qual for renewals?
Passed the house

jerry_r60

Post by jerry_r60 »

tacticool wrote:Pelosi is probably cackling in her lair at the infighting and how we'll get crumbs because we weren't willing to ask for the whole cake like she and her crones do.
Why do you think she's asking for the whole thing? I dont' think so. She wants much more than she's asking for too but i think she was thining she could get this part now and continue to push for mor over time.

Just an opinion for what that's worth.

JKTex

Post by JKTex »

jerry_r60 wrote:
Why do you think she's asking for the whole thing? I dont' think so. She wants much more than she's asking for too but i think she was thining she could get this part now and continue to push for mor over time.

Pelosi still has nothing to do with Texas Legislation. :txflag:

snorri

Post by snorri »

I have nothing to do with New York legislation but I have an opinion about the high capacity soft drink law. :lol:
minatur innocentibus qui parcit nocentibus

RED FLAG LAWS ARE HATE CRIMES

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

JKTex wrote:
jerry_r60 wrote:

Well, maybe not, but she does sponsor and vote for legislation that DOES affect Texans! :patriot:
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

jerry_r60

Post by jerry_r60 »

JKTex wrote:
jerry_r60 wrote:

I didn't take tacticool's comment to imply that Pelosi was affecting TX legislation. What i was responding to was what I took as his contrasting of legistlative approaches.

Return to “2013 Texas Legislative Session”