Senator Hinojosa trys again to pass SB481

This sub-forum will open for posting on Sept. 1, 2012.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

User avatar

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 17589
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: Friendswood, TX
Contact:

Senator Hinojosa trys again to pass SB481

#1

Post by Charles L. Cotton » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:55 pm

Sen. Hinojosa's SB481 is again on the intent calendar for Monday, April 22nd. Please call your Senator and ask him/her to oppose SB481 by not voting to bring it up for debate and if it is debated, that he/she vote against passage.

I think it would be especially appropriate if SB481 didn't get the required 21 votes to even be debated since Sen. Hinojosa wouldn't vote to debate campus-carry last session. The Goose-Gander Rule applies here too.

Thanks,
Chas.


artx
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 220
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: SATX

Re: Senator Hinojosa trys again to pass SB481

#2

Post by artx » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:47 pm

Fax sent!


TREKFAN
Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:08 pm

Re: Senator Hinojosa trys again to pass SB481

#3

Post by TREKFAN » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:07 am

Does anyone have an outline I could perhaps see? This way the formatting and what not is appropriate?
Application, Fingerprints & CHL class done by 1-12-13
All documents mailed USPS 1-16-13
All Documents Received, background check under review 2-1-13
Background check complete 2/15

User avatar

styxx
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:54 pm

Re: Senator Hinojosa trys again to pass SB481

#4

Post by styxx » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:37 pm

I have notified Senator Estes's office (he is my State Senator) of my objections to the bill.
:patriot:
Some days are better than others, but every day is a good day.


artx
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 220
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: SATX

Re: Senator Hinojosa trys again to pass SB481

#5

Post by artx » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:08 pm

TREKFAN wrote:Does anyone have an outline I could perhaps see? This way the formatting and what not is appropriate?

When calling, all you have to do is say,

"Hi, my name is XYZ and I am one of Senator ABC's constituents. Please tell the senator to vote No on SB 481. Thank you"

They may or may not ask your name, phone, or why you think they should vote a particular way.

For faxes, I use a letter in the form:


My name
My address
Anytown TX 12345

The Honorable Senator ABC
Senator ABC's address
zip
etc

Dear Senator ABC,

SB 481 is on the Senate intent calendar for Monday, April 22.

Please oppose SB481 by not voting to begin debate. If SB 481 is debated, please vote
against the bill. This bill is not necessary and creates many issues for those residents that
stay in Texas for part of the year.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. Thank you for your
time.

Sincerely,

ARTX


TREKFAN
Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:08 pm

Re: Senator Hinojosa trys again to pass SB481

#6

Post by TREKFAN » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:36 pm

Thanks. Will change the ones I have!
Application, Fingerprints & CHL class done by 1-12-13
All documents mailed USPS 1-16-13
All Documents Received, background check under review 2-1-13
Background check complete 2/15


2firfun50
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: Little Elm Tx
Contact:

Re: Senator Hinojosa trys again to pass SB481

#7

Post by 2firfun50 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:32 am

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this issue. When one is a resident of the great state of Texas, one should follow Texas law and have a Texas CHL.

When a Texas resident gets a Florida CHL (CCW), the CHL license is not in danger if you:

1. Get one DWI (the first one is free under Floriday law.
2. Don't pay your property taxes,
3. Don't pay your child support.
4. Get arrested for Disorderly Conduct.

I'm just not buying the "shall not be infringed" argument, nor the "cost to much", nor the Senator/Representative NRA rating. For me its all about Texas residents being treated equally under Texas CHL law.

If you don't want to follow Texas CHL law, move to where the law suits you.

User avatar

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 17589
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: Friendswood, TX
Contact:

Re: Senator Hinojosa trys again to pass SB481

#8

Post by Charles L. Cotton » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:44 am

2firfun50 wrote:If you don't want to follow Texas CHL law, move to where the law suits you.
People are following Texas law. We simply don't want the law to change. So you can move to a state that requires its residents to have that state's license.

Chas.

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 25524
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Senator Hinojosa trys again to pass SB481

#9

Post by The Annoyed Man » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:25 pm

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
2firfun50 wrote:If you don't want to follow Texas CHL law, move to where the law suits you.
People are following Texas law. We simply don't want the law to change. So you can move to a state that requires its residents to have that state's license.

Chas.
"rlol" Turnabout being fair play, and all that...... :smilelol5:
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy
My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.


2firfun50
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: Little Elm Tx
Contact:

Re: Senator Hinojosa trys again to pass SB481

#10

Post by 2firfun50 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:51 pm

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
2firfun50 wrote:If you don't want to follow Texas CHL law, move to where the law suits you.
People are following Texas law. We simply don't want the law to change. So you can move to a state that requires its residents to have that state's license.

Chas.
"rlol" Turnabout being fair play, and all that...... :smilelol5:
:cheers2: :cheers2: Good one!!!! Point taken, however I do want the law to change. Maybe an innocent fisherman won't get shot. Only takes a few bad apples you know...............

http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=65456" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Panda
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:45 pm

Re: Senator Hinojosa trys again to pass SB481

#11

Post by Panda » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:24 pm

2firfun50 wrote:[

:cheers2: :cheers2: Good one!!!! Point taken, however I do want the law to change. Maybe an innocent fisherman won't get shot. Only takes a few bad apples you know.....
The only instructor certification that guy had was from the NRA. SB481 wouldn't make this NRA instructor any less of a bozo.


2firfun50
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: Little Elm Tx
Contact:

Re: Senator Hinojosa trys again to pass SB481

#12

Post by 2firfun50 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:32 pm

Panda wrote:
2firfun50 wrote:[

:cheers2: :cheers2: Good one!!!! Point taken, however I do want the law to change. Maybe an innocent fisherman won't get shot. Only takes a few bad apples you know.....
The only instructor certification that guy had was from the NRA. SB481 wouldn't make this NRA instructor any less of a bozo.
No, but it will stop him and maybe some other individuals from "selling" out-of-state CHLs. Remember, Florida accepts almost anything as proof of proficency.

Don't get me wrong. I have no problem with a Texas resident having multiple CHLs to pick up extra states. But I do have a big problem with Texas residents that hold out-of-state CHLs who don't meet the Texas requirements, especially the DWI


jocat54
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 412
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:56 pm
Location: Lindale

Re: Senator Hinojosa trys again to pass SB481

#13

Post by jocat54 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:53 pm

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
2firfun50 wrote:If you don't want to follow Texas CHL law, move to where the law suits you.
People are following Texas law. We simply don't want the law to change. So you can move to a state that requires its residents to have that state's license.

Chas.

Thank you Mr. Cotton.
"All it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing"

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.


jocat54
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 412
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:56 pm
Location: Lindale

Re: Senator Hinojosa trys again to pass SB481

#14

Post by jocat54 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:58 pm

2firfun50 wrote:We'll just have to agree to disagree on this issue. When one is a resident of the great state of Texas, one should follow Texas law and have a Texas CHL.

When a Texas resident gets a Florida CHL (CCW), the CHL license is not in danger if you:

1. Get one DWI (the first one is free under Floriday law.
2. Don't pay your property taxes,
3. Don't pay your child support.
4. Get arrested for Disorderly Conduct.

I'm just not buying the "shall not be infringed" argument, nor the "cost to much", nor the Senator/Representative NRA rating. For me its all about Texas residents being treated equally under Texas CHL law.

If you don't want to follow Texas CHL law, move to where the law suits you.

All those highlighted make all the sense in the world to me. But we all have the right to think as we want........doesn't make either of us right or wrong just our belief.
"All it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing"

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

User avatar

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 17589
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: Friendswood, TX
Contact:

Re: Senator Hinojosa trys again to pass SB481

#15

Post by Charles L. Cotton » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:28 pm

2firfun50 wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
2firfun50 wrote:If you don't want to follow Texas CHL law, move to where the law suits you.
People are following Texas law. We simply don't want the law to change. So you can move to a state that requires its residents to have that state's license.

Chas.
"rlol" Turnabout being fair play, and all that...... :smilelol5:
:cheers2: :cheers2: Good one!!!! Point taken, however I do want the law to change. Maybe an innocent fisherman won't get shot. Only takes a few bad apples you know...............

http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=65456" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I hope you know that was said tongue-in-cheek. :lol:

Chas.

Post Reply

Return to “2013 Texas Legislative Session”