HB 508 to senate committee

This sub-forum will open for posting on Sept. 1, 2012.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

puma guy
Posts in topic: 5

Re: HB 508 to senate committee

Post by puma guy »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
You have two choices, 1) ignore it; or 2) wait until HB508 becomes law (9/1/13) then send a certified letter to the City Manager with a copy to the AG's office complaining about the sign. The reference to a city ordinance that mentions CHL's should come within the scope of HB508, but it is less clear than if the reference were on the sign itself.

Chas.
I assume the bill passed? TFC still shows to calendars 4/19/13.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

puma guy wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
You have two choices, 1) ignore it; or 2) wait until HB508 becomes law (9/1/13) then send a certified letter to the City Manager with a copy to the AG's office complaining about the sign. The reference to a city ordinance that mentions CHL's should come within the scope of HB508, but it is less clear than if the reference were on the sign itself.

Chas.
It passed the House, but not the Senate. I'm so swamped I haven't been able to update the Bill Status Report. :oops:

Sorry,
Chas.

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 2

Post by baldeagle »

I'm trying to help you out, Charles. HB 508 was considered at a public hearing of the Intergovernmental Relations Committee yesterday. No idea of its status at this time. It's not on the Senate calendar yet.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

maverick2076

Post by maverick2076 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
maverick2076 wrote:I'll try to go by and get a picture of the sign and post it here so you can seee the exact wording.
I just read your original post again and I may be mistaken about the sign's wording. Does it mention concealed handguns, or only a city ordinance? If it mentions concealed handguns or concealed handgun licensees then it clearly comes within the scope of HB508.

Chas.
Let me get a picture of it sometime today so I can get the exact wording. I haven't been by there in a couple weeks, so it isn't fixed in my brain.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
puma guy wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.
It passed the House, but not the Senate. I'm so swamped I haven't been able to update the Bill Status Report. :oops:

Sorry,
Chas.
No apology necessary, I understand completely. THANK YOU for all you do for Texas shooters and CHL. :tiphat: I checked the bill on legiscan.com and found the status.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
2firfun50
Posts in topic: 4

Post by 2firfun50 »

baldeagle wrote:I'm trying to help you out, Charles. HB 508 was considered at a public hearing of the Intergovernmental Relations Committee yesterday. No idea of its status at this time. It's not on the Senate calendar yet.
Its out of Committee on its way to the Senate. Passed 5-0. :hurry: :cheers2:

Return to “2013 Texas Legislative Session”