2014 Primary Polling shows Cornyn may be on the ropes

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 3

Re: 2014 Primary Polling shows Cornyn may be on the ropes

Post by baldeagle »

Jason K wrote:
baldeagle wrote:I think if it comes down to a runoff Cornyn wins. What has Stockman done, other than lie about Cornyn's record?
According to this, quite a bit....

http://votesmart.org/candidate/21703/st ... w3pVT8tEm8
I see "Did not vote" a lot.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Topic author
mojo84
Posts in topic: 10

Post by mojo84 »

$17,000,000,000 and increasing. Some believe playing politics as have been played over the last decade or two is costing us too much. Many see Cornyn as going along and playing politics like they've been played and have accomplished very little positive. The distinction between between procedural and substance may be valid in therory. I'm talking about practicality and how it plays out in public opinion. However, we are in a position as a country where we are having to rely on procedural tactics because there are too many people not addressing the substance of the crisis which our country faces. Tell me that Reid hasn't resorted to using procedural tactics to change the rules of the senate to favor the progressives.

I'm not advocating for or against Cornyn. I am trying to bring attention to the race as I see this as an important race people need to pay attention. Remember, perception becomes reality. If you don't believe me, go look at the comments on Cornyn's Facebook page. He is seen by many as a go along establishment republican politician. Right or wrong, that is the reality.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Cedar Park Dad
Banned
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

mojo84 wrote:$17,000,000,000 and increasing. Some believe playing politics as have been played over the last decade or two is costing us too much. Many see Cornyn as going along and playing politics like they've been played and have accomplished very little positive. The distinction between between procedural and substance may be valid in therory. I'm talking about practicality and how it plays out in public opinion. However, we are in a position as a country where we are having to rely on procedural tactics because there are too many people not addressing the substance of the crisis which our country faces. Tell me that Reid hasn't resorted to using procedural tactics to change the rules of the senate to favor the progressives.

I'm not advocating for or against Cornyn. I am trying to bring attention to the race as I see this as an important race people need to pay attention. Remember, perception becomes reality. If you don't believe me, go look at the comments on Cornyn's Facebook page. He is seen by many as a go along establishment republican politician. Right or wrong, that is the reality.
By many you mean very few, judging by the recent polling.

Topic author
mojo84
Posts in topic: 10

Post by mojo84 »

Depends on which poll you look at. Like I said, no one should pay attention to it. It's a lock for Cornyn. Why are you even opening the thread since you know the race is already decided?

I want to make it real clear. I am not voting for or promoting Stockman.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man »

steveincowtown wrote:I don't know about you, but where I come from we have something we call 21 year old young ladies that date 34 year old men with money....and it ain't Governor.
"rlol" :smilelol5: :lol:

I am SO going to borrow that line.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Cedar Park Dad
Banned
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

mojo84 wrote:Depends on which poll you look at. Like I said, no one should pay attention to it. It's a lock for Cornyn. Why are you even opening the thread since you know the race is already decided?

I want to make it real clear. I am not voting for or promoting Stockman.
i didn't open the thread. I just responded to its nonsensical title and argument.

Return to “2012 Texas & Federal Elections”