2014 Primary Results

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
mojo84
Posts in topic: 12

2014 Primary Results

Post by mojo84 »

Here's a site to find results and updates.
http://www.kens5.com/news/election/results" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Let us know if you have a more user friendly one.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 2

Re: 2014 Primary Results

Post by Beiruty »

Of interest, Expand CHL locations Republican Prop. 2:

Republicans - Prop. 2 Expand CHL Locations
Precincts Reporting: 2573 out of 8829 precincts 29%
Candidate Votes Vote % Winner
In Favor 727,990 87%
Against 108,923 13%

http://www.kens5.com/news/election/resu ... tions&t=37" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Oldgringo »

Is Dan Patrick a 'good guy'? I didn't get my NRA recommendations until the day after I voted.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Oldgringo wrote:Is Dan Patrick a 'good guy'? I didn't get my NRA recommendations until the day after I voted.
Dan Patrick is very pro-gun and he will be very good on our issue. He earned well-deserved criticism for his part in amending HB508 with elitist provisions that ultimately killed the bill in the House. He understands the extent of this political "mistake" and I would be surprised if he repeats it. I also think he may, I saw MAY, be someone to have an indirect impact on Speaker Straus in that he would be in a position to kill House bills.

Chas.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:Is Dan Patrick a 'good guy'? I didn't get my NRA recommendations until the day after I voted.
Dan Patrick is very pro-gun and he will be very good on our issue. He earned well-deserved criticism for his part in amending HB508 with elitist provisions that ultimately killed the bill in the House. He understands the extent of this political "mistake" and I would be surprised if he repeats it. I also think he may, I saw MAY, be someone to have an indirect impact on Speaker Straus in that he would be in a position to kill House bills.

Good news, thanks.

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 5

Post by baldeagle »

He's better than Dewhurst. Now if we can just get rid of Strauss, we'll have a twofer.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Jason K
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Jason K »

Charles: Thanks for the information. I was disappointed to see Patterson lose out for the runoff, but this helps me vote for Patrick with a little less trepidation.

jmra
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jmra »

Jason K wrote:Charles: Thanks for the information. I was disappointed to see Patterson lose out for the runoff, but this helps me vote for Patrick with a little less trepidation.
:iagree:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

What, if anything, does the Patterson vot tell us about support for gun issues? I thought he would have had better support.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

jmra wrote:
Jason K wrote:Charles: Thanks for the information. I was disappointed to see Patterson lose out for the runoff, but this helps me vote for Patrick with a little less trepidation.

n5wd

Post by n5wd »

Jason K wrote:Charles: Thanks for the information. I was disappointed to see Patterson lose out for the runoff....

In that, you are not alone!
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

n5wd

Post by n5wd »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:...
Dan Patrick is very pro-gun and he will be very good on our issue. He earned well-deserved criticism for his part in amending HB508 with elitist provisions that ultimately killed the bill in the House. He understands the extent of this political "mistake" and I would be surprised if he repeats it.
Do you have any idea if that 'mistake' was the reason for the question about making office holders and their staff liable for laws like us peons?
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

J.R.@A&M
Posts in topic: 1

Post by J.R.@A&M »

mojo84 wrote:What, if anything, does the Patterson vot tell us about support for gun issues? I thought he would have had better support.
Rather little about gun issues. It seemed like immigration was the hot button issue that several of the Lt. Gov candidates used to try and outflank each other (and help spin their campaign as anti-federal and anti-Obama, all of which would score political points).

I am guessing that name general recognition was important in the Lt. Gov primary. I don't expect as many primary voters really knew who Staples and Patterson were.

Lastly, the kind of lower key, pragmatic, git-er-done candidates that I prefer (like Patterson) may not necessarily the ones that do best in the campaign/election process.
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

mojo84 wrote:What, if anything, does the Patterson vot tell us about support for gun issues? I thought he would have had better support.
There's no way to tell, but I suspect that Jerry Patterson received a huge percentage of the knowledgable gun-owner vote. By that I mean people that know how much Patterson meant to the CHL effort. Jerry's problem is that his involvement is not as well known statewide, even with gun owners who either don't have a CHL or don't know what he did in 1995 and 1997. Dewhurst and Patrick have much more money to get their names and faces in the media.

I hate to see Jerry out of the runoffs; he's a great guy and a true Second Amendment advocate.

Chas.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

n5wd wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:...
Dan Patrick is very pro-gun and he will be very good on our issue. He earned well-deserved criticism for his part in amending HB508 with elitist provisions that ultimately killed the bill in the House. He understands the extent of this political "mistake" and I would be surprised if he repeats it.
Do you have any idea if that 'mistake' was the reason for the question about making office holders and their staff liable for laws like us peons?
I don't have any information on the party platform questions, but I wouldn't be surprised. It could be targeted more to the U.S. Congress than Texas because the feds exempt themselves from many of the more onerous laws to which they subject us mere mortals. Either way, it sends a great message!

Chas.

Return to “2012 Texas & Federal Elections”