2014 Primary Results

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Cedar Park Dad
Banned
Posts in topic: 8

Re: 2014 Primary Results

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

Democrats should have run the mayor of San Antonio for governor vs. Abbott. Now that would have been a fight worth bringing popcorn to watch. He could then have been "drafted" as the Dmeocratic VP pick in 2016.

Jason K
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Jason K »

Question: how many of the 41‰ of voters who voted against Cornyn will turn out to vote for him when he's running against a Democratic opponent who (with Battleground Texas' funding boost) will be able to spend as much as he does?

I forsee the Cornyn campaign having a few sleepless nights...

The_Busy_Mom
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The_Busy_Mom »

Jason K wrote:Question: how many of the 41‰ of voters who voted against Cornyn will turn out to vote for him when he's running against a Democratic opponent who (with Battleground Texas' funding boost) will be able to spend as much as he does?

As one of those 41% who voted against Cornyn in the Primary, I will support the Republican candidate in November. So yes, I will vote for Cornyn versus voting Democrat candidate. I just would have liked to see some other Republican candidate instead of Cornyn at the poll in November.

:txflag: TBM
Texas CHL Instructor / NRA Certified Instructor
Final Shot Armory - Specializing in Firearms Sales & Transfers, NFA Sales
$20 Transfers for Current TX CHL Holders, Military, Teachers, LEO / $25 Everyone else
http://www.FinalShotUS.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Cornyn will beat Alameel worse than Johnson beat Goldwater in 1964.

Chas.

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

For your amusement.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... beast.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Right2Carry
Banned
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Right2Carry »

Jason K wrote:Question: how many of the 41‰ of voters who voted against Cornyn will turn out to vote for him when he's running against a Democratic opponent who (with Battleground Texas' funding boost) will be able to spend as much as he does?

I voted against Cornyn and he will have to win without my vote.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

Hardly.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Right2Carry wrote:

Cornyn will win, but I'm curious if you would prefer Alameel as a Senator.

Chas.

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Right2Carry wrote:

Chas.
I don't want either man. If a man can't stick by the principles he campaigns on then he doesn't deserve my vote. My vote is worth something and it won't be cast anymore for the lesser of two evils. Cornyn is not very far removed from McCain and I consider them the be two peas in a pod.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

Right2Carry wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Right2Carry wrote:

Chas.
I don't want either man. If a man can't stick by the principles he campaigns on then he doesn't deserve my vote. My vote is worth something and it won't be cast anymore for the lesser of two evils. Cornyn is not very far removed from McCain and I consider them the be two peas in a pod.
Depending on the organization Cornyn is denoted as the most conservative or top 10 conservative Senators serving. Not sure what "promise" you're surmising he hasn't kept.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith B »

Right2Carry wrote: I don't want either man. If a man can't stick by the principles he campaigns on then he doesn't deserve my vote. My vote is worth something and it won't be cast anymore for the lesser of two evils. Cornyn is not very far removed from McCain and I consider them the be two peas in a pod.
A non-vote for Cornyn is in essence a vote for Alameel.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

http://www.empowertexans.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://heritageactionscorecard.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

Keith B wrote:
Right2Carry wrote: I don't want either man. If a man can't stick by the principles he campaigns on then he doesn't deserve my vote. My vote is worth something and it won't be cast anymore for the lesser of two evils. Cornyn is not very far removed from McCain and I consider them the be two peas in a pod.
A non-vote for Cornyn is in essence a vote for Alameel.
That dog won't hunt anymore. It's a scare tactic being used along the same lines as calling someone a racist for being anti Obama.

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

Cedar Park Dad wrote:
Right2Carry wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Right2Carry wrote:

Chas.
Depending on the organization Cornyn is denoted as the most conservative or top 10 conservative Senators serving. Not sure what "promise" you're surmising he hasn't kept.
Here is just one article that explores some of Cornyn's "conservative" voting record in Fiscal matters.
http://c.washingtontimes.com/neighborho ... ervatives/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

So you're not going to vote at all? Cool, you're now officially irrelevant.

Return to “2012 Texas & Federal Elections”