KR Training Force on Force review next week

General training discussions and class reviews.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Bill
Posts in topic: 2

KR Training Force on Force review next week

Post by Bill »

I will be at http://www.krtraining.com/index.html to do this

Course Description: An intensive force-on-force training course that will improve the student's ability to perform in realistic, real-time, live action situations involving one or more opponents, one or more bystanders and one or more dependents (friends/family members that the student is protecting).

Topics: force-on-force safety briefing, pre-fight indicators, single opponent drills, single opponent with single bystander/dependent, single opponent with multiple bystanders/dependents, multiple opponent drills, multiple opponents with bystanders and/or dependents.

I am taking my Glock 23 airsoft with 2 mags, of course as much proctection as posible to wear and still move

I will give a review when I return
Bill
retired CHL Instructor

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Look forward to your review!

KR has a great reputation, especially with force-on-force
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by KBCraig »

Years ago on tx.guns, I read some excellent reviews of Karl's class. One of the things that stuck with me where how many times participants got shot in the trigger finger (using Simunitions, of course).

It makes sense: you shoot where you're looking, and in force-on-force, you're going to be looking right down the barrel of that gun!

It also made me think the Hollywood Western movie myth of "shooting the gun out of his hand" probably had some anecdotal basis. Getting shot in the gun hand, would certainly prompt me to turn loose, and the "expert shot" would get some unintended praise for his "outstanding" shot. :grin:

fm2

Post by fm2 »

This should be a great learning experience!

Topic author
Bill

Post by Bill »

KBCraig wrote:Years ago on tx.guns, I read some excellent reviews of Karl's class. One of the things that stuck with me where how many times participants got shot in the trigger finger (using Simunitions, of course).

It makes sense: you shoot where you're looking, and in force-on-force, you're going to be looking right down the barrel of that gun!

It also made me think the Hollywood Western movie myth of "shooting the gun out of his hand" probably had some anecdotal basis. Getting shot in the gun hand, would certainly prompt me to turn loose, and the "expert shot" would get some unintended praise for his "outstanding" shot. :grin:
Maybe I should pack some gloves, pretty sure my gas airsoft will ouch at that range to the fingers. I do have several LS shirts and a sweater
retired CHL Instructor

fm2

Post by fm2 »

Yep, gloves are a good idea. Make sure you can run the gun while wearing the gloves. ;-)

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

I'll admit I wore gloves in my FOF training and that was only with airsoft.

Reminds me of a police shooting in Webster. Police caught up with 2 armed criminals (who happened to be female). One criminal would not drop her gun. Police opened fire, shooting the gun out of her hand. She picked the gun up and then the police shot her dead.

Tunnel vision in combat is real. And that tunnel can easily focus down to the gun that is threatening you.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

O6nop
Posts in topic: 1

Post by O6nop »

I took that class last year, I got shot in unprotected places a few times. It only hurts for a few seconds. I wouldn't bother with gloves, myself.

I strongly recommend this class. It was fun and extremely educational. Although you know the guns aren't real, there is a good chance you will react as if they are. Some of the close encounter drills really got my heart and adrenaline pumping. You learn a lot about yourself.

I look forward to your take on the class.
I believe there is safety in numbers..
numbers like: 9, .22, .38, .357, .45, .223, 5.56, 7.62, 6.5, .30-06...

Return to “General”