Advance Pistol Training Near College Station, TX

General training discussions and class reviews.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
chongfa
Posts in topic: 3

Advance Pistol Training Near College Station, TX

Post by chongfa »

I have taken a basic handgun course and CHL class before. I am interested in shooting seriously. I would like to someday become a shooting instructor. I usually shoot once or twice a week.

Anyway I am looking to take a more advance shooting course. Is there any courses offer is is within 60 mi from where I am? (College Station, TX) I would really appreciate the suggestions.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Paladin »

You might try Tactical Trainers in Conroe. Not sure what the exact distance is, but it's worth the trip.

http://www.tacticaltrainers.com/
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
chongfa

Post by chongfa »

Ohh wow, thanks a lot. That is exactly what I am looking for. Conroe is about 50-60 mi from where I am. That is about the right distance that I am willing to travel for a day worth of training. So I am assumed that you have trained there before? If you did, what is your opinion about them?

Thanks again, :grin:

Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Paladin »

chongfa wrote:Ohh wow, thanks a lot. That is exactly what I am looking for. Conroe is about 50-60 mi from where I am. That is about the right distance that I am willing to travel for a day worth of training. So I am assumed that you have trained there before? If you did, what is your opinion about them?

Thanks again, :grin:
I did a little training with Dale and Steve. Dale and Steve are both awesome shooters. Got to work one-on-one with the instructors... which you don't find many places. And the instruction is available at a very reasonable price.

If you haven't done serious training before, it will really open your eyes.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

SRVA

Post by SRVA »

Paladin, Thanks for the vote of confidence. I appreciate the support.

Chongfa, PM me if you are interested in more information.

Jeremae
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jeremae »

Have shot with Steve and Dale and Donna since I started IDPA in March and their free training(friendly tips offered at every match) has, in my opinion, vastly improved my technique (I'm almost good enough to be a BAD shooter now).

As soon as money allows I plan to set up so I, my wife and 2 or more of my sons take their basic combat pistol class together.
Reasonable gun control is hitting your target with the first shot.

AggieMM
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Advance Pistol Training Near College Station, TX

Post by AggieMM »

chongfa wrote:Anyway I am looking to take a more advance shooting course. Is there any courses offer is is within 60 mi from where I am? (College Station, TX) I would really appreciate the suggestions.
KR Training is close to you.

http://www.krtraining.com/

Ryan

Topic author
chongfa

Post by chongfa »

Well I went to train with Steve Vandermolen today at Thunder Range in Conroe. I can't even express in words how much I have learned from Mr. Vandermolen. I wish that I would have trained with him 7 years ago. He had shown me so many techniques including the basics. My shooting must have improved by at least 100%.

I would not hesitate to go back and train with Mr. Vandermolen after I have a couple of IDPA matches under my belt.

Overall A+ experience. Thanks Paladin for recommending me such a great instructor and thank you Mr. Vandermolen for such a great class. I hope to see you in the next IDPA match in Conroe. :grin:

Return to “General”