ShivWorks class Bastrop Dec. 11-12

General training discussions and class reviews.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
fm2
Posts in topic: 2

ShivWorks class Bastrop Dec. 11-12

Post by fm2 »

I am hosting SouthNarc in Bastrop,TX Dec. 11-12 for the AMIS class.

The AMIS class will explore use of cover, movement from one piece of cover to the next, concealment, low light tactics, movement through a building, etc.....

I am excited about this class as it's offered only a couple of times a year and it's great to have it near home. Feel free to pm or ask any questions. There's no live ammo needed for this class, just airsoft gear.

OUTLINE for AMIS

ShivWorks
Armed Movement in Structures (AMIS)

The ShivWorks Armed Movement in Structures (AMIS) course is a twenty hour block of instruction focusing
on negotiating movement problems within structures with limited or no resources. Realizing that
moving through a structure that contains armed hostiles, perhaps by one’s self, is probably the most
dangerous task one can undertake, the best options for winning a confrontation are presented with the
qualification that there is no safe way to do this.
Topics covered include:
Day One (12 hours):
•Viewing the environment in terms of the unseen
•Vertical, Horizontal, and Diagonal planes of visual obscurement
•Distance variables and the visual apex
•Threshold evaluation
•Dynamic and Deliberate movement
•Room Entry factors (known versus unknown)
•Minimizing multiple exposure
•Modifying the fighting platform to conform to cover and concealment
•Re-setting/Disrupting the adversary’s OODA loop
•Chalk board exercises
•Dry-runs
•FoF evolutions
•Low-light module
Day Two (8 hours)
•Practical Exercises for egress, search, and third-party rescue

Equipment Required
Airsoft pistol, airsoft ammunition, wrap around eye/face protection suitable for Airsoft and man-marking
cartridges, holster, groin protection, flashlight. Course cost for 20 hours of instruction is $400.00
“It is the belief that violence is an aberration that is dangerous because it lulls us into forgetting how easily violence may erupt in quiescent places.” S. Pinker

Topic author
fm2
Posts in topic: 2

Re: ShivWorks class Bastrop Dec. 11-12

Post by fm2 »

OUTSTANDING class!!!! A little road weary/brain weary, so I'll keep it short, but we learned a LOT!!! in a weekend. I'll post up some pics & AAR soon. The low light part was very, very good. A lot of thought & desisgn went into
this course material, sorry y'all missed it.
“It is the belief that violence is an aberration that is dangerous because it lulls us into forgetting how easily violence may erupt in quiescent places.” S. Pinker

Return to “General”