Saulius "Sonny" Puzikas coming to the Impact Zone, May 21-22

General training discussions and class reviews.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
G.C.Montgomery
Posts in topic: 1

Saulius "Sonny" Puzikas coming to the Impact Zone, May 21-22

Post by G.C.Montgomery »

This is a unique opportunity and highly recommended. Anyone who owns a Kalashnikov or "AK-47" pattern rifle with thoughts of using it as your urban/defensive rifle should seriously consider attending this class. Even if you aren't an AK fan, this is a class worth attending as all of the material covered ports over to the AR15/M4, FN-FAL or any other rifle platform. Details to follow soon and will also be available at http://www.theimpactzonerange.com...

- Dates are May 21 and May 22, 8am to 5pm
- Price to be announced
Last edited by G.C.Montgomery on Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
When you take the time out of your day to beat someone, it has a much longer lasting effect on their demeanor than simply shooting or tazing them.

G. C. Montgomery, Jr.

Skiprr

Re: Saulius "Sonny" Puzikas coming to the Impact Zone in May

Post by Skiprr »

Very cool.

For those who haven't heard of him, Puzikas is former Spetsnaz, and had about 10 years of martial arts training before entering the military in 1988 in the former Soviet Union. I have an appreciation for learning some hand-to-hand before formal combat firearms training. You want somebody experienced in all forms of fighting with a Kalashnikov, this is a very good guy to pick.

If you've ever watched the Discovery Channel's "Deadliest Warrior" series (which admittedly is less than scientific and can sometimes cause some head-tilting when trying to figure out why the producers do what they do--IRA vs. Taliban? Really?), Puzikas was one of two former Spetsnaz operators pitted against two former Green Berets. Spetsnaz won largely due to better pistol-handling skills, and the Saiga shotgun's ability to deliver rounds faster than a Mossy 590.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

ELB

Re: Saulius "Sonny" Puzikas coming to the Impact Zone in May

Post by ELB »

I am going to one of Sonny's courses in May, but this one is in Austin. Was interested to see he will be at the Impactzone (but frankly, I find their website not terribly userfriendly. What date is the course ??)

Sonny factoids: Apparently Sonny was the model for one of the "non player characters" in the recently released video game "Call of Duty: Black Ops." Was alsoshooting things up in the movie Saints and Sinners. Besides his own website, he has his own forum at Warriortalk.

Am looking forward to the may course.
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “General”