GLBT Friendly CHL Classes in Austin

General training discussions and class reviews.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3

Re: GLBT Friendly CHL Classes in Austin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Okay, this thread focused on issues other than finding a CHL class, just as I feared. The discussion is on a political/moral/religious issue under the guise of asking about CHl classes and instructors. Stop now.

Chas.

Topic author
paula
Posts in topic: 5

Post by paula »

I apologize if any one has taken any offense to any thing I've said. I never intended any guise other than to find CHL classes I might be comfortable in. I don't believe I have brought up any political, religious or moral issue other than wanting to be treated respectfully.

Respectfully,

Paula
Application Filed July 29, 2012
Fingerprints taken August 6, 2012
CHL Class August 11, 2012
Paperwork Submitted August 13, 2012
Background check under Review August 29, 2012
Manufacturing Pending October 13, 2012
Manufacturing October 16, 2012
Mailed October 17, 2012
Plastic in hand October 20, 2012

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Pawpaw »

Paula,

I do not believe Charles' warning was directed at you. Instead it was for some of our forum members. This is a CHL forum and is for the discussion of related topics, such as your original question about "GLBT Friendly CHL Classes in Austin".

The discussion strayed into a discussion about some people's poor attitudes and other off-limits topics. Charles and the mods do an excellent job of keeping this rowdy bunch in line.

You are most welcome here. We are all united in our common cause of self defense. Nothing else should matter within this forum.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

paula wrote:I never intended any guise other than to find CHL classes I might be comfortable in. I don't believe I have brought up any political, religious or moral issue other than wanting to be treated respectfully.

Respectfully,

Paula
Of course you did and that was precisely your intention. You started off by suggesting that instructors are likely conservative and thus would not treat you respectfully. After Members suggested that if you didn't raise the issue, it was unlikely anyone else would, you didn't let it go at that but stated your appearance would raise an issue. You obviously don't have a lot of faith in "conservatives." Apparently it isn't sufficient for an instructor to treat you like any other student, because you then you expressly stated you wanted a so-called "GLBT friendly" instructor (whatever that means), but would settle for one that was merely GLBT tolerant.

This thread is closed.
Chas.

Return to “General”