Report on Training Academy and Upcoming Class

General training discussions and class reviews.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Ranger+P+
Posts in topic: 3

Report on Training Academy and Upcoming Class

Post by Ranger+P+ »

I have been working 14hr days since I got back first of June--things are falling together nicely. I am finished with my rifle ranges and decided to add a .50BMG Lane, which required a few extra berms. I have a few details left on my 50yd pistol range and 2 IAD range's. My next big project is my observation/sniper tower. I also have to make some additions/repairs to my Shoot House which fell victim to high winds while I was gone.

I have decided at a few folks request to do a Foreign Weapons Class, mostly on AK's/FALS/Galils etc.. The class will be intermediate in nature, covering all aspects including field stripping, parts ID, ammo selection & shooting. I have designed some courses to fit each weapon--we will focus heavily on the AK and it's variants. You will have to supply your own rifle and ammo--I will have some demo models, but they will not be for rent.
There is a 1 hour classroom orientation on range safety beginning at 9am, a short break and we should be on the range a little after 10am. We will break for Lunch around 12, resuming around 12:30--bring your own grub. I will have Two Coolers of Gatorade for everybody, but that will be it.
My suggestion is not to bring a heavy lunch, but something light--bring a few powerbars to eat during the course of training, you will find it sits better on your stomach--the heat and activity can cause alot of people to get nausious.

Here is a list of requirements:

1. Tactical Pants w/BDU pockets
2. Light Colored Shirt
3. Ballcap or Boonie Hat
4. Lightweight Boots or Sneakers
5. AK Mag Pouches or Tactical vest
6. Sunscreen
7. Camelbak or Canteen for Water or Gatorade
8. Lightweight pair of shooting gloves
9. Shooting Glasses (Dark lenses Preferred)
10. Hearing Protection (Plugs or Muffs)
11. Kneepads
12. AK Rifle or Carbine
13. 300 rounds of FMJ ammo
14. Minimum of 4 (30 rd) Magazines
15. Sack Lunch
16. 3 Powerbars to snack on

Since this is June, I have to issue this warning: The Training will last all day, starting at 9am and lasting until 4-5PM. I train like I fight, I will have breaks now and then, but if you are not in reasonably good shape, and not use to East Texas Summers, I urge you not to register. I say this not to be elitist, but I am just want to be realistic. This is not a couch commando class--we will not be punchin holes in paper and joking around the watercooler. Fair Warning.

I have decided to limit registration to 6--I have 3 slots filled to date--if anybody is interested the fee is $350 non-refundable. I must have payment in full before the class begins. Cutoff date is June 28.

Class Name: Foreign Weapons 1
Class Date: June 30
Time: 9am-5pm
Place: Combat Systems Training

Please PM me or email me if interested.

Stay Safe ;-)
The final weapon is the Brain, all else is Supplemental.-John Steinbeck

SPEED/SURPRISE/VIOLENCE OF ACTION

Topic author
Ranger+P+

Post by Ranger+P+ »

Class has reached capacity, so I cannot accept any anymore applications for this class.

I will be posting a class schedule Mid-July, besides some one on one training, I will not have any more classes until September, when my range is ready.

If you are interested in one on one training, please PM or email me.

Take Care and Shoot Straight.

txinvestigator
Posts in topic: 1

Post by txinvestigator »

Umm, where in Texas again are you. I can't remember.
*CHL Instructor*

"Speed is Fine, but accuracy is final"- Bill Jordan

Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

CaptDave
Posts in topic: 1

Post by CaptDave »

txinvestigator wrote:Umm, where in Texas again are you. I can't remember.

:waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: hmmm :?: :?:
"An armed society is a polite society"

Topic author
Ranger+P+

Post by Ranger+P+ »

Sorry I did not reply sooner, been pretty busy on the range. I dont have a lot of free time lately.

I am located outside of San Augustine, Texas. This is near Lufkin Texas, about 45 miles.

Take Care

Return to “General”