Advanced Concealed Carry courses

General training discussions and class reviews.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
txinvestigator
Posts in topic: 4

Advanced Concealed Carry courses

Post by txinvestigator »

We have scheduled 2 advanced concealed carry courses. One is on Sept 7th in Alvarado, TX, and the other on Sept 24, in Dallas.

Investment is only $125. These will be practical and applicable to real issues the citizens legally carrying concealed may face; no Hondo rolls or SEAL stuff. ;-)

Please check our website for more classes and details;

http://www.specopsystems.com/ click on training.

We will also be holding a VIP/Dignitary Protection Course later later in the year.
*CHL Instructor*

"Speed is Fine, but accuracy is final"- Bill Jordan

Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

Fourman
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Fourman »

TXI, very nice website, nice pictures and good data. I do like your statement of LEO support for training CHL/handgun courses. :thumbsup:

Brian
" What my name is not enough?"

pbandjelly

Post by pbandjelly »

What's the timeframe of this class?
how much ammo would you need?

it'll be at DFW gun, right ;-) :?:

Topic author
txinvestigator

Post by txinvestigator »

pbandjelly wrote:What's the timeframe of this class?
how much ammo would you need?

it'll be at DFW gun, right ;-) :?:
It will be a one day class, I'll check on ammo needs.

And rest assured it will not be near DFW Gun range.
*CHL Instructor*

LedJedi
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LedJedi »

slick website, not so slick content.

how about some actual details on what the class covers, what you need to bring, what previous students have said about the course, instructor bio, air speed velocity of an unlaiden swallow, etc.

:)

seriously, some info would be nice. any plans for the houston area?

pbandjelly

Post by pbandjelly »

"you've got to know these things when you're king..."

I was thinking more along the lines of how many hours.
no hurry on the reply, got till sept :lol:

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

NICE WEBSITE!
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

I like it txi
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

TX Rancher

Post by TX Rancher »

Some of us may want to take note of the following comment found on the civilian training page of the web site:

“Due to Special Operations System's commitment to the law enforcement community, firearms courses will only be offered to current law enforcement officers, military personnel, persons with a current PSB level III / IV certification, or a valid state issued handgun license.�

The way I read it, if you ain’t got the papers, you ain’t taking the course…

By the way, that’s not an editorial comment on their policy. I just wasn’t sure everyone saw it and it would be a shame to get signed up, show up, and not get to take the course (assuming I read the statement right).

TXI:

If I may ask, what is your background? Will you be involved in the course? Is the course geared for Texas concealed carry or is it a general course?

Based on what I’ve read on this forum, you seem to have your stuff wired tight on carry issues (legal and tactical) and I think you would make a good instructor on the subject…

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Just an unsolicited comment: I took a two-day tactical rifle class with SpecOp Systems early this year. It exceeded expectations.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Topic author
txinvestigator

Post by txinvestigator »

TX Rancher wrote:Some of us may want to take note of the following comment found on the civilian training page of the web site:

“Due to Special Operations System's commitment to the law enforcement community, firearms courses will only be offered to current law enforcement officers, military personnel, persons with a current PSB level III / IV certification, or a valid state issued handgun license.�

The way I read it, if you ain’t got the papers, you ain’t taking the course…
Rather than have to expense doing a background check on students, we just believe that we want to restrict the course to people who are already licensed in some fashion, meaning the background has already been done.
By the way, that’s not an editorial comment on their policy. I just wasn’t sure everyone saw it and it would be a shame to get signed up, show up, and not get to take the course (assuming I read the statement right).
We check the status upon registration. ;-)
TXI:

If I may ask, what is your background? Will you be involved in the course? Is the course geared for Texas concealed carry or is it a general course?

Based on what I’ve read on this forum, you seem to have your stuff wired tight on carry issues (legal and tactical) and I think you would make a good instructor on the subject…
I am listed on the instructor page; Jeff.

The class will be taught Shawn Lewis. Look at his bio. I have known Shawn for 5 years, and his is an awesome instructor. I have assisted him, taught with him, and actually was a student in some classes.

I will be there as a safety officer. I also teach these classes, but you can't beat having Shawn.

This course is for the concealed carry person. This is a shooting and tactics class. It will all be applicable to concealed carry by a civilian. Like I wrote, no Hondo rolls or SWAT stuff.

Within a couple of days when you click on the course it will take you to another page with specific course content and needed equipment. I posted it now to give everyone a heads up.

It will run at least 8 hours, probably about 300-400 rounds.
*CHL Instructor*

LedJedi
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LedJedi »

txinvestigator wrote:Within a couple of days when you click on the course it will take you to another page with specific course content and needed equipment. I posted it now to give everyone a heads up.
very sweet. thank you much :)

Topic author
txinvestigator

Post by txinvestigator »

LedJedi wrote:
txinvestigator wrote:Within a couple of days when you click on the course it will take you to another page with specific course content and needed equipment. I posted it now to give everyone a heads up.
very sweet. thank you much :)
It is a concleaed handgun class. it is 3 months away. if you think you would like to attend, send me a PM and I will tell answer any question you may have about it. ;-)
*CHL Instructor*

pbandjelly

Post by pbandjelly »

thanks brutheren. :grin:

Return to “General”