Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Sparks #1 Heritage IWB Holster

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

[This is a modified reprint of a review I posted on 1911forum.com]

My youngest son carries a custom SS Commander and he's an active outdoorsman. Since he has a problem with sweating through his IWB holsters during the Texas summer months (remember, we have February and Summer), I bought him a Sparks #1 Heritage. (The #1 Heritage has the sweat liner between the two layers of leather.) When it arrived, I wore it for a couple of days until my son came to pick it up.

The holster is great, so I ordered one. Actually, I got very lucky and found one on Sparks' "In Stock List" and had it in only a few days.

I have been very happy with my VM-II and between it and my NP-1, I really didn't think any other holsters could work their way into the lineup. Well, the #1 Heritage has proven not only to be an excellent summer holster, it may be the fastest leather holster I've used, IWB or OWB. I carry it frequently, sometimes even when I’m in a suit and can wear a belt holster. I’ve also used it in IDPA competition. Even after having gone back to the NP-1 as my primary holster when wearing a suit or jacket, I find I'm using the Heritage just about as much as my VM-II for IWB. (The VM-II is slightly thinner overall.) I always use the #1Heritage for competition when I shoot my Commanders - it's that fast.

The #1 Heritage is also a beautiful holster that is very well made, but that's no surprise, all of Tony's holsters exhibit this level of craftsmanship. Now what was that new one Tony – oh yeah, the HR-LTD.

Regards,
Chas.

http://www.miltsparks.com/

too-tall
Posts in topic: 1

Post by too-tall »

I have the EX Companion I use with my BHP. I had a well worn Milt Sparks Summer Special that I used till I got the EX. The fit is so tight, when I wear the SS with my 1911, it feels soooooooo loose compared to the EX.
I am planning on getting a Versa-Max or the HR-LTD next for the 1911.

I have a box of cheap holsters (as I am sure others do too) . Some are pretty nice. Most of them I got a good deal on, so I bought it.
I do have a weakness for nice holsters.

Too Tall
" Behind every silver lining,
there is a cloud..." NRA Life Member

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”