Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
OverEasy
Posts in topic: 2

Question about some local IWB holsters

Post by OverEasy »

My 1st post.
Does anyone have a Hoffner "Hybrid Ultimate Shirt Tucker"? I want to know if it is as good as the Tucker "The Answer" because it is alot less expensive.
Also CompTac's CTAC is all Kydex, are the hybrid leather/kydex really that much more comfortable than all Kydex? I have an all Kydex UCR that I like but I hear it won't last very long and it is not adjustable. So I'm looking for a replacement. I know that the Hoffner, Tucker and CompTac are all from Houston, so I thought somebody might have one or more of them.
Thanks, OverEasy
NRA
TSRA
JPFO
American Legion
USN (69-77)
What did you expect?

dws1117
Posts in topic: 1

Post by dws1117 »

A good friend of mine has the CompTac and can't imagine wearing any other holster. Another friend has the Tucker (works at a gun shop that is a Tucker dealer) hybrid and loves it so much he bought 4 more for different guns.

Sorry I can offer anything more than word of mouth from others experiences.

I have a Tucker Cover Up on lay-a-way with my Kimber. It will be home next week.

Baytown

Post by Baytown »

I carry all the time and if I am wearing leather it is Matt DelFatti, but as far as kydex goes, I wear only Comp-Tac. Gregg is a great guy and I consider him a friend. His service is first rate and he has always been more than helpful.

I shoot Comp-Tac gear when I shoot IDPA, and when I carry off-duty. I had a part of my hoster break, called Gregg, and within two days the replacement part was at my house.

I am not saying the other guys don't have great product, but I have first hand experience with Comp-Tac.

Glenn

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

I got a Comp-tac CTAC a little while back an it's been working out great so far. The specific design was very well thought through for my USP45.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

longtooth

Hoffners ultimate shirt tucker

Post by longtooth »

I have one ordered. It is supposed to be here the end of this week. I am glad to here the good reports from above. As soon as I get it I will return here & give a report. The thing that I really like about Hoffners is if you don't like it he says he will send you your money back w/ no q's asked. Have never needed to see if he will. I really like the low barrel clearance. When it clears your belt it is clear of the holster.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Delta

Post by Delta »

I have C-Tac's and Sidearmor holsters as well as leather...

Comp-Tac holsters--> hands down are the most comfortable to me.

I have a Sidearmor for a Glock 19,23,32 if anyone wants to try it out also a C-Tac for the same weapons.
Yesterday was the only easy day !!!

Topic author
OverEasy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by OverEasy »

I thought I'ld post some follow up info for anyone who is interested.
I ordered the Hoffner's Hybrid Ultimate Shirt Tucker without ever seeing one, only the picture on the web site. I was expecting, because of the name "Hybrid", that it would be like the Tucker "The Answer", part leather and part Kydex. It is an all Kydex holster with leather wings that the belt clips attach to,very much like the Comp-Tac CTAC. If I had actually seen one in person I don't think I would have bought it. I saw a CTAC and handled it at a gun show. I would have bought the CTAC in a side by side choice. That being said, I have the Hoffner's and I'm giving it a fair chance. I couldn't get it down low enough in my waistband and get the forward cant that I want at the same time. It has a wide range of adjustment but it puts the gun way up too high for me. I bought a Comp-Tac "mounting kit"(2 belt clips) they are much longer than the clips that came with the Hoffner's. I used one of the long CTAC belt clips for the front and the one that came with it for the rear. I now have the forward cant I want and it is low enough down in my waistband.
NOW I like it very much. I have a SIG P229 and it pulls it in very tight up against my body and it stays put. Nothing pokes or pinches, it's very comfortable. I has been a long bumpy road but I'm happy now.
NRA
TSRA
JPFO
American Legion
USN (69-77)
What did you expect?

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”