Id Card Holder?

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
thatTexasLady
Posts in topic: 1

Id Card Holder?

Post by thatTexasLady »

Ok, so I'm not your general purse totin' kind of girl that carries everything but the kitchen sink in a monster sized zebra striped bag. I'm often feeding horses or the like so I'm more likely to throw the debit card and TDL in the back pocket and head out. I was hoping someone could suggest a thin, leather something to protect the TDL and CHL as I have more than once had to replace a debit cards that ended up somehow bent in half in the back pocket. Not thick like a man's wallet, just something small. Any ideas?
~Lady
NRA Member

App Online: 5/31/11
CHL Class: 6/4/11
L-1 Fingerprints: 6/7/11
Package Mailed: 6/9/11
Package rec'd by DPS: 6/11/11
Background Under Review: 6/16/11
Manufacturing: 7/16/11
Mailed: 7/18/11
Plastic in hand: 7/21/11

Pawpaw

Re: Id Card Holder?

Post by Pawpaw »

I carry one of these. It holds all of my essential cards and several bills. It slips in a front pocket very easily.

This is not the brand of clip I have, but it's just like it. :tiphat:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

MasterOfNone

Post by MasterOfNone »

Pawpaw wrote:I carry one of these.
I've carried one like the first pic for years, but with a magnetic clip. I never have enough money to keep the magnet from holding, so it's worked well.
http://www.PersonalPerimeter.com
DFW area LTC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, Range Safety Officer, Recruiter

Warhammer

Post by Warhammer »

Check out Big Skinny wallets @ http://www.bigskinny.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. I just got one and it's easy to carry the wallet in my front pocket, which is more secure and better for your back.
"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow is too lazy to form an opinion." - Rogers, Will

Divided Attention

Post by Divided Attention »

I had the same issue. When we are at livestock shows I am not toting a purse, and the cow wash is no place even for a fanny pack. So I got 2 little leather fold wallets with windows. One holds all my medical, dental etc cards and the other my TDL, CHL and debit cards. They are both very thin, and have been very handy. I got them for 2 for $15 at a gun show :roll: But they have been well worth the money.
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; Psalm 144:1-2
CHL - 2010; NRA RSO - 2011, NRA Chief RSO - 2014
NRA Pistol Instructor -2013, NRA Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor - 2015
Lifetime NRA Member - 2013

KaiserB
Banned

Post by KaiserB »

Warhammer wrote:Check out Big Skinny wallets @ http://www.bigskinny.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. I just got one and it's easy to carry the wallet in my front pocket, which is more secure and better for your back.
These look pretty cool, I have been looking for a thinner wallet to hold all my necessities.

7RomeoHotel

Post by 7RomeoHotel »

Warhammer wrote:Check out Big Skinny wallets @ http://www.bigskinny.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. I just got one and it's easy to carry the wallet in my front pocket, which is more secure and better for your back.
Looks like they've got a Fathers Day sale going on right now too. The promo code is Dad15 for 15% off. I'm looking at the L-shaped wallet since it has two clear windows, one for DL and one for my CHL :thumbs2:

Mike1951
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Mike1951 »

Maybe this?

https://www.alumawallet.tv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

AEA

Post by AEA »

Unfortunately .tv sales are a big scam and once they get you CC info they take your money over and above what you thought and you will never get it back.
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

AEA wrote:Unfortunately .tv sales are a big scam and once they get you CC info they take your money over and above what you thought and you will never get it back.
Sorry. I was not aware.

Featurewise, I thought it would suit her needs.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

AEA

Post by AEA »

No problem.
Most people are not aware till they are scammed.

Every ad you see on tv that has "but wait, buy now and we will double the offer (just pay separate processing and handling)" is a scam. Just do a Google on any one of them.
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

2up1down

Post by 2up1down »

Mike1951 wrote:
AEA wrote:Unfortunately .tv sales are a big scam and once they get you CC info they take your money over and above what you thought and you will never get it back.
Sorry. I was not aware.

Featurewise, I thought it would suit her needs.
My wife just purchased me one at the local Dollar General. $10.
Works great for me.

Most "TV sales" scam is shipping and handling,,,
sooner or later they end up at Walmart or Dollar General
Become a Student of the Law we live under and proficient in the protection of yourself: so you may protect your Family, State and way of Live. Awareness is your first defense, avoidance your first tactic. If engagement is forced, Stop when the threat is gone.

Winchster

Post by Winchster »

All leather and a 100 year warranty. http://www.saddlebackleather.com/categories/90 Good people to deal with, and they make some amazing products.
What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?

MrsFosforos

Post by MrsFosforos »

I use a Jimi wallet and keep it in my front pocket . I've attached it to a beltman key fob so I don't accidentally lose it. I can keep 2-3 cards and a few bills in it. It's water resistant, but not waterproof. I've worn one out; on my second.
jimi1.jpg
jimi1.jpg (4.01 KiB) Viewed 2156 times

packa45

Post by packa45 »

I use a 5.11 wallet. Granted its nylon but it is thin and has 3 small pockets. The outside pocket has my chl DL and insurance one insidepocket has my CC and debit card the other inside picket has emergency contact info health insurance and medical alert card.
Chl class for me and wife=$225. Chl application fees =$280. Chl gear for 2=more $ the previous. Moving from sheep to sheepdog = priceless

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”