Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
codeguy
Posts in topic: 5

Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe

Post by codeguy »

Finally decided to order the Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe and the V-clips (velcro) for my new EDC, a Glock 27. I'm looking forward to getting it and trying it out.

I reviewed the SmartCarry on here previously. It's a great holster for deep concealment, especially with casual clothes (i.e., jeans), and I stand by my review. That said, I have found it nearly impossible to fully and consistently conceal the butt of the gun with the SmartCarry when wearing a suit, but I am required to wear a suit for work at least 5 days a week. The only way to fully hide the butt is to wear the holster in such a location that sitting down becomes unpleasant -- low and to the side, where it tends to pinch just right when I sit.

The SmartCarry is also working out less ideally than I had hoped for carrying in the car. I drive a small car with low, contoured seats. With the seat belt, a belt on my pants, and the low, contoured seat, even getting to the grip is difficult. I just can't see myself drawing quickly enough under pressure while seated in the car for it to do any good, at least not without a decent chance of a ND in the area of my waist... Obviously, the real solution to this problem is buying a truck, but one piece of equipment at time.

I'm hoping that going IWB with the option to tuck in my shirt will resolve these problems. Will update here once the SuperTuck arrives.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe

Post by RoyGBiv »

Since you already find some benefit to carrying up front, you might try a proper appendix carry holster. The problem will be that, at minimum, some sort of belt clip or loop would be visible with a tucked in shirt and no jacket. The advantage to a proper AIWB holster will be that you can carry higher than a Smart Carry, avoiding the groin poking problem.

I find Smart Carry useful when I'm wearing shorts, since it does not rely too heavily on my clothing to keep itself in position. But I rarely use it when wearing jeans or pants.

Take a look at the Archangel for an idea of what a tuckable AIWB might look like... I don't have one of these but read good reports about it. I'm fortunate not to have to wear a suit to work so I'm able to carry AIWB without tucking.

I thought the CBST was well made, but never could get comfortable with IWB strong side. I sold my CBST, but I do occasionally carry OWB strong side.... That might be another choice for you if you wear your suit jacket all day.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

CheckonChico
Posts in topic: 2

Post by CheckonChico »

So has it arrived yet? I ordered mine mid-Feb. I'm curious to know how long it took to arrive. I will also ne carrying the glock but the 26 instead of the 27.

KWalk313000

Post by KWalk313000 »

I carry a g19 and g26 in this holster and it's fantastic. Mine arrived within the month of ordering.
Glock 19
Glock 26
Ruger LCP

Topic author
codeguy

Post by codeguy »

Thanks for the replies, guys.

CheckonChico, no, I ordered it just before my initial post, so it'll be a while. I will update this thread once it arrives.

SATX-Scrub

Post by SATX-Scrub »

I used the crossbreed seconds website, found a Supertuck for my gun, sent the $$$ in on a Thursday and got it on the next Wednesday. Can't really tell what made it a second, except that someone else's name was inked on the inside. 48$ door to door in less than a week. Comfy at 7-8 o'clock, can't even tell its there when I'm driving!

Ok, that's my Supertuck plug for the day!
“He looked like an accountant or a serial-killer type. Definitely one of the service industries.”
― Kinky Friedman, Elvis, Jesus, and Coca-Cola
http://atomicnumber13.blogspot.com/

Tow2500

Post by Tow2500 »

I have several holsters, and IMO its hard to beat a crossbreed.

CheckonChico

Post by CheckonChico »

Got confirmation that my holster arrived today in the mail. Took less than three weeks to arrive, i was expecting to wait much longer. Cant wait to get home and check it out :anamatedbanana

JackPatrick

Post by JackPatrick »

I would like to second all the glowing reviews for the Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe. I just got mine about a week ago.

It performs like a paddle holster, but gives you the concealment of an IWB. I carry a Beretta PX4 Storm SubCompact in 9mm in mine and it is remarkably comfortable.

mikeintexas
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mikeintexas »

I'm a satisfied CBST owner and just ordered a new one for my new Kimber, along with a gun belt and a dress belt. I'm not very patient, but I guess I will learn how long it takes when the stuff arrives!

Topic author
codeguy

Post by codeguy »

Just got the email notification that mine has shipped, so it's now up to the U.S. Postal Service how much longer it takes.

Kadelic

Post by Kadelic »

I ordered my CBSTD and an Ohai Modular Holster for my M&P 9c on 2/29 on got my shipping email yesterday. I ended up ordering their gun belt a week later and got the shipping email for that today. This will be my first CC set up so I should have plenty of experimenting to do this weekend to see what size pants fit well, etc.
Honor Necessity

Topic author
codeguy

Post by codeguy »

It arrived today, along with the two gun belts and V-Clips. I haven't worn it outside of the house -- didn't really have a reason to go anywhere after work -- but I am already in love with this holster. It is comfortable and, after a little breaking in the leather and adjusting the clips to get a different angle, completely concealed. It definitely has a way to go on molding itself to my body, as the leather is very stiff, but I am definitely happy with it so far. Also, tucking a shirt in over a IWB holster and gun is entirely different from tucking a shirt in without a weapon; the shirt wants to twist and catch in lots of unexpected ways. That is something that I will have to get used to.

I will be wearing it while out and about tomorrow and will update here on the comfort level while driving, etc.

Kadelic

Post by Kadelic »

I got mine Wednesday and my belt came last night! I've been wearing it around the house to break it while I wait on my plastic, and I must say it's pretty comfortable and conceals very nicely at about 8:30 (I'm a lefty.) It creaks quite a bit when I move around but that's supposed to go away as it breaks in.
Honor Necessity

mrmagnum

Post by mrmagnum »

took 2 weeks for mine to come in......Like it much better than the comp-tac i had before.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”