CM9 Kydex Pocket Holster

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Warhammer
Posts in topic: 3

CM9 Kydex Pocket Holster

Post by Warhammer »

I have a CM9 that I just love and used to carry in a DeSantis Super Fly pocket holster. However, I just recently added a Crimson Trace Laserguard to it (which makes this great little gun even better, IMO!) so the original Super Fly won't work any longer. Rather than buy another one made to fit the CW9 with the CT, I decided to make my own and address a few issues I had with the Super Fly at the same time.

First, the Super Fly was too thick. I bought my CM9 for pocket carry, so adding a lot of bulk pretty much defeats the purpose. By using .06 Kydex, I was able to shave .20" the widest point (the slide release) and .30" off of the majority of the holster. It doesn't sound like a big difference, but you can really feel it in your pocket.

Second, the Super Fly printed pretty badly. Since the holster was equally contoured on both sides, the outline of the gun was pretty obvious. I kept all of the contours of the gun on the inside of my holster, so the outside presents a smooth surface. I also bent the holster to allow it to follow the shape of my leg more naturally and slightly rolled the bottom edges.

Finally, although it has never happened to me, I have heard of others having problems with their PM/CM9 dropping the mag while pocket carrying. I flared the area over the mag release on my holster so that there is no way to release the mag while the gun is holstered, even if I try to do it on purpose.

Anyway, here's what I came up with. I used Coyote Tan Kydex, just because everyone else always uses black. (BTW, I don't count photography as being a part of my skill set. ;-) )

"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow is too lazy to form an opinion." - Rogers, Will

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Re: CM9 Kydex Pocket Holster

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Very nice! Now, the question is, how much will you charge me to make me one just like it....but left handed? I'm actually looking for such a thing right now, and I'd rather give the money to a forum member than to a business I don't know well.

Edited to add: mine is actually a PM9, but the profile will be very similar, and it shouldn't affect the way you bend the kydex.....if you're willing to do it.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
Warhammer

Post by Warhammer »

I'd be happy to make one for you, TAM. It's contoured pretty loosely against the slide area so the holster will release the gun upon draw and not come out of your pocket still wrapped around the gun. I doubt the machining differences between a PM9 and a CM9 will make any difference in this case. I just sent you a PM.
"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow is too lazy to form an opinion." - Rogers, Will

Kadelic
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Kadelic »

That looks awesome Warhammer! Coincidentally I have a Desantis Superfly on its way in the mail for my CM9. I didn't get it so much for pocket carry as for a car holster wedging it between the seat and the center console. I've thought about getting a kydex holster like yours from Raven Concealment but share TAM's sentiments and would rather give you the business if your interested in making another one. PM sent!
Honor Necessity

Topic author
Warhammer

Post by Warhammer »

LOL! I wasn't really looking to go into full production, but I certainly don't mind making a few holsters for fellow forum members. PM replied to, Kedelic.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

PM replied to. Thanks.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

10mmillie
Posts in topic: 1

Post by 10mmillie »

That's nice. I may have to get you make me a left handed one too. The Uncle Mike's I've been using just doesn't work too well when it gets soaking wet with sweat.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”