Holster squeak?

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
dws1117
Posts in topic: 1

Holster squeak?

Post by dws1117 »

Anyone know how to cure? Does it just go away with wear?

I have my new Tucker OWB (Heritage I think). It is very comfortable and it has opened up a new world of carrying.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Yes a squeak will go away with wear, but it can take a good while. If you have both a new holster and a new belt, you'll sound like a new saddle when you walk!

Most folks don't want to wait for the squeak to go away "naturally," and many methods have been used. Be very careful about using oils like Lexol as it will soften the leather and possibly ruin the holster. I have heard that rubbing wax on the holster at the belt loops and on the belt where the holster rides will stop the squeaking and I have used this method with some success. There are other products, but it's a good idea to check with the holster maker to ask their advice. You don't want to use a product that will ruin the holster.

Regards,
Chas.

HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

I had this problem before and I rubbed a bar of soap on the belt where it contacts the holster. Problem solved.

Just plain ivory bar soap. No gritty soap like Lava.

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

My one leather holster has never stopped squeaking, so it gets worn less. It really draws funny looks when it creaks as I sit or stand while carrying concealed. Wax and such have never helped.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Texasdoc

Post by Texasdoc »

the guy a cal's custom leather told me to use GOJO and work it in the holster or/and belt and do that for a few days and it stoped my Squeaking.

Paul

Woody

Post by Woody »

I have a new Tucker HF-1 and I love the sqeak. Reminds me of my youth riding horses all day. Hell if the squeak goes away I just might have to replace it with a new one so I can hear it again. :D Nothing better than the smell and sound of high quality leather.
"When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny." ---Thomas Jefferson

Arock

Post by Arock »

Get a small bottle of "Leather Lightning" from Mitch Rosen and apply it the the surface of the noisy leather. Leather Lightning is normally used on the interior of a leather holster to smooth draw and re-holstering. Costs $12 and it works. Can also used to quiet a noisy leather holster. I have one belt slide holster that makes noise on the belt. One drop on each side of the holster and the squeaks went away.

Click "Miscellaneous" on the right side of the page:

http://www.mitchrosen.com/product_line/ ... _line.html

Arock

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”